The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 9352 matches

by Firebird
09 Feb 2009, 12:56
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: New scenery by John Stinstrom on avsim
Replies: 21
Views: 1219

Cool, so all I need is Pete to confirm that I found a fix for his problem as well.
by Firebird
09 Feb 2009, 08:50
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Snow!!
Replies: 20
Views: 637

Still no more snow at LHR. This could turn out like that TS thread!
by Firebird
08 Feb 2009, 21:48
Topic: Air Tattoo?
Replies: 8
Views: 495

Its OK Mike, I have already done one. I went there this afternoon and it was snowed off :lol: .
by Firebird
08 Feb 2009, 21:47
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: Iranian F-14's
Replies: 9
Views: 269

I seem to remember a strong rumour that they gave the Russians a complete F-14 and its weapon system in return for reverse engineering support.
by Firebird
08 Feb 2009, 21:41

I loaded this scenery this afternoon and having checked for the correct placement of all files I'm still getting a CTD. Problem is different from Keith though, my crash comes whenever I try to create a flightplan using the inbuilt flightplanner. If I try to create a manual flightplan as soon as I t...
by Firebird
08 Feb 2009, 20:31

I couldn't honestly tell you our average as it differs from region to region, even on our little rock. What I do know is that the amount that fell last Sunday night at LHR, so say the SE of England, was the most that has fallen for 18 years. Now compared to the NE US we don't get anywhere near the s...
by Firebird
08 Feb 2009, 17:44

Do they have LODs, or are they flyable models converted?
by Firebird
08 Feb 2009, 12:28

Keith, when you say it stops does it then CTD?
If so its that the global textures have not been put in the right place, Dark_Road.bmp and DarkRoad_LM.bmp into your FS9\Scenery\World\Texture folder.

Check there.
by Firebird
07 Feb 2009, 19:05
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: USAF orders 15 more C-17s
Replies: 3
Views: 129

Now the arguing will start as to where they will park them.
by Firebird
06 Feb 2009, 14:21
Topic: Xenophobia
Replies: 12
Views: 375

This thread does remind me of my partner in crime at work a decade ago. Somebody accused him of being xenophobic which he denied with the retort "That's total crap, coz I hate everyone!". :lol:

He was a good bloke, Al, despite his proclamation.
by Firebird
06 Feb 2009, 14:15

Well to semi-solve the afcad issue this is the one that John had in his beta version of his scenery. I attach this as a courtesy and untouched as I know it is sourced from John. This should not be construed as either my work nor an official MAIW update. Once John reads here, or from direct contact, ...
by Firebird
06 Feb 2009, 07:05
Topic: Xenophobia
Replies: 12
Views: 375

One weird thing about traveling in the US is the automatic assumption about where we were from changed according to where we were at the time. On the East Coast, we were from England, on the West Coast we were from Australia and in Texas it was about a 60-40 split in favour of England. I guess that ...
by Firebird
05 Feb 2009, 14:24

No problem here at LHR, we had light rain overnight and this a.m. which has washed the remnants of the snow from earlier this week away.
by Firebird
04 Feb 2009, 22:20
Topic: RAF C17 Globemaster
Views: 594

Don't give up, you just haven't gone to the right place yet.
As far as I know PAI packages are only available through their own website http://www.projectai.com/ I think that you may have to register to get to the download section.
by Firebird
04 Feb 2009, 19:09
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: combining ai traffic
Replies: 3
Views: 282

Well this one is going to have to be answered by somebody else, as I don't/won't have Vista and don't/won't touch FSX.
I do have that DX10 patch available for XP but I don't think that counts here.
by Firebird
04 Feb 2009, 08:23
Topic: Aircraft.cfg Limits ?
Views: 523

Mat, I am not sure that it really matters, although one large traffic may possibly be running into memory issues on loading or it may slow down the initial FS9 load. The truth is that nobody with a really large collection of AI has done any scientific testing. However there is one area where breakin...
by Firebird
03 Feb 2009, 20:31
Topic: RAF C17 Globemaster
Views: 594

As far as I know, and now somebody will correct me, but the only textures are in the original PAI package for the RAF C-17s, although this means that you only have 4 paints.

I think that if somebody had ever asked Graham he probably would have done them.
by Firebird
03 Feb 2009, 20:29
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: MIG-29's
Replies: 61
Views: 4488

Superb! Now all we need are the L-39s there and the base is well and truly finished.
by Firebird
03 Feb 2009, 17:24
Topic: FINNALLY, USAF Application....
Replies: 17
Views: 686

I will go one better, i will keep my legs crossed for you :) .
by Firebird
03 Feb 2009, 17:09
Topic: AI traffic/parking space management system
Replies: 6
Views: 212

Don't take it personally, mate.
My personal method of control is to remove excessive visitors when I find them. Not scientific but it kinda helps.