The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 9372 matches

by Firebird
10 Nov 2008, 07:44
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Extraction of cfg information
Replies: 4
Views: 438

I don't know of any specific tool to do that, Daryl, but surely there must be a freeware text editor that will delete everything except 'title=' from a file.

It may even be possible from a macro is my guess.
by Firebird
09 Nov 2008, 16:22
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Shockwave Lights: Coordinates for MAIW models
Replies: 51
Views: 19012

Its an effect thing, not an AI thing. Its due to the makeup of the smoke effect and is visible for a brief period of time at dusk and dawn.

That's if its what I think you mean. It can look like its on fire.
by Firebird
09 Nov 2008, 16:16
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Saudi Air Force Eagles package by MAIW
Replies: 21
Views: 2407

Brian, Well according to the afcad docs the AI and parking instruction system uses the afcads taxiway links and nodes to create the pink line. Now two things come to mind here. One the afcad was created with afx, so that might be why it doesn't appear. or possibly as it uses the taxiway designators ...
by Firebird
09 Nov 2008, 07:24
Topic: Help me find this proggy.
Replies: 3
Views: 160

Kev, I don't know about a separate proggy just for this but if you have ACA2005 installed it has an option for this listed in its 'Find errors' section. Just tick the 'Aircraft not assigned to a Flightplan' option and away you go.
by Firebird
09 Nov 2008, 07:11
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: HTAI C-130's-messed up taxi light polygons
Replies: 19
Views: 759

MIKE JG wrote:Maybe we could make a concerted effort to contact Henry T. and try to obtain his source files. The models are great as is, but they could use a bit of updating for sure.
Agreed, it would be great to update the F-16s to include the various lumpy versions that are about.
by Firebird
08 Nov 2008, 21:29
Topic: Saudi Air Force Eagles package by MAIW
Views: 2407

For flyable or AI aircraft?
If AI do you mean they just sit where they are or that they disappear?

Can you also confirm that that you use FS9. Thanks.
by Firebird
08 Nov 2008, 17:27
Topic: HTAI C-130's-messed up taxi light polygons
Views: 759

Speaking as somebody who doesn't install the packages as they are produced, I think that we have to make a choice here. Either we continue to deliver the C-130s in the way that HT set them up, or we go as accurate as we can for each package. I am happy with either decision. We must go along the line...
by Firebird
06 Nov 2008, 21:03
Topic: New! on Avsim - Global AI Antonov AN-124-100 Ruslan
Views: 917

Drew has toiled with this one for some time now, I am glad that he was finally able to see his project through to the end.
by Firebird
06 Nov 2008, 15:11
Topic: Looking for an Evolve AI model
Replies: 17
Views: 513

I think that you might find that it is the model on the EvolveAI site, as that's where Charles made his models available.
by Firebird
05 Nov 2008, 22:08
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: Why should this B-52 exercise be news?
Replies: 6
Views: 208

My guess is that this is a reaction to the military posturing from Russia and its resumption of Bear flights on the old Cold War profiles. Along the lines of anything you can do ...
by Firebird
05 Nov 2008, 08:57
Topic: ALPHA Aircraft
Replies: 5
Views: 260

I am sure that a learned colleague of ours, who has a lot more fde experience than me, will be the first to say that an fde is a complicate balancing act and invariably if you change one thing in it, you will have to change at least one other to counter act this. In simplistic terms, to improve the ...
by Firebird
04 Nov 2008, 21:24
Topic: Flight plans
Replies: 17
Views: 840

Keith, max is only saying that it might work, not that it does. At least you know it will work now.
by Firebird
04 Nov 2008, 20:35
Topic: SBAI Tu-22 'Blinder' for everyone
Replies: 18
Views: 1497

Oh yes please!
by Firebird
04 Nov 2008, 19:30
Topic: 40000th post
Replies: 9
Views: 382

All these posts about the 40,000th will soon make the 50,000th roll around :lol: .
by Firebird
04 Nov 2008, 19:28
Topic: KNBC
Replies: 18
Views: 815

The sound of another satisfied customer, Rip
by Firebird
04 Nov 2008, 19:27
Topic: Will there or is there plans for a light texture version?
Replies: 16
Views: 482

Might be worth checking to see if there was an effect linked to that plane, John. If there was that was probably the cause there.
by Firebird
04 Nov 2008, 14:29
Topic: USN and USMC Herks package by MAIW
Replies: 35
Views: 3552

According to his website Docs ACA2007 Lite works on FSX.
by Firebird
04 Nov 2008, 14:23
Topic: F111 Pig
Views: 1456

Drew, pm sent to you I will try to help you.
by Firebird
04 Nov 2008, 08:29
Topic: Will there or is there plans for a light texture version?
Replies: 16
Views: 482

Fish, I can sympathize with the problem, about a year ago I had to be quite ruthless about clearing out flyable aircraft, that I don't use, I also merge all my AI aircraft into single type folders, saves time on loading, even MAIW packs. I also went through and rebuilt old traffic files. This saved ...
by Firebird
02 Nov 2008, 11:03
Topic: NAS Kingsville package by MAIW
Replies: 48
Views: 6416

The only thing that I have heard of in this instant, and I think I have my facts right is that the aircraft is en route to a place that doesn't exist. Magic uses these type of points in his formation setups, you can add a point to the airports.txt file and within a certain point of its base it will ...