The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 9371 matches

by Firebird
15 Apr 2008, 18:56
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Aircraft FX
Replies: 19
Views: 509

Well the simple answer is that you can. However what it will look like is hard to say. What you may find is that the effect appears either too far forward or too far backwards and you will need to adjust the position of the effects. You may find that you also need to re-position them higher or lower...
by Firebird
15 Apr 2008, 18:45
Topic: Just when I got my USAir AI straightened out.............
Replies: 6
Views: 347

Now if a BA-AA deal comes off that would be interesting, but it never will.
by Firebird
15 Apr 2008, 06:57
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Installing MAIW packages in FSX
Replies: 356
Views: 30431

OK, that rules that out, have you tried moving it to a new folder, not on the desktop, and running it or the root of a drive?
by Firebird
14 Apr 2008, 11:06
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Installing MAIW packages in FSX
Replies: 356
Views: 30431

Well, I have no experience here but looking at the error, and I am assuming here that you have checked and that the file is there, that the problems lies in one of two things. Either it can't cope with spaces in the pathname of the file, rare but it does happen, or that you have not installed some p...
by Firebird
13 Apr 2008, 08:21
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: ELVIS 707s
Replies: 5
Views: 350

Hi Javier,
I don't think he made the Phalcon, as I am sure that I would have grabbed it. You are right about the Chilean 707 paints missing from avsim, I tried a lot of different searches and couldn't find them.

Maybe you should drop a note to Graham to see if he can re-upload them to avsim.
by Firebird
13 Apr 2008, 07:52
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: AI RC-135?
Views: 685

The only other option that I think you have is the model that I believe is supplied with Alphasims Beale scenery. Can't say how good/bad it is.
by Firebird
12 Apr 2008, 05:39
Topic: Brakes
Replies: 6
Views: 324

Sounds like you may need a combination of factors, a small adjustment in the braking co-efficient you might even try adding a small quantity of weight and even reducing the throttle a bit. Try checking the weight as quite often FDEs are created for aircraft that carry no weapons and internal fuel an...
by Firebird
07 Apr 2008, 17:29
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Mosule Iraq
Replies: 11
Views: 723

Yeah, mate, thats ok. The point Nick is making is not to use genuine data, complete guesswork data is always good for AI :D
by Firebird
06 Apr 2008, 21:34
Topic: Custom Installation
Replies: 3
Views: 160

For a manual install just install somewhere that your FS9 is not, then copy the bits you want into the relative FS9 folders on your system.

As for the USN/USMC Herks go to our downloads page, click on the manual downloads page link and you will see the link there.
by Firebird
06 Apr 2008, 21:27
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Finland Coast Guard flightplan help
Views: 259

Joseph, unless I am mistaken the only way for the aircraft to do touch and go's is to have a VFR flightplan, then every TNG will be a true TNG. Make sure that the aircraft will get off the ground before the end of the runway. The other patrol mission you will need to create a very small invisible ru...
by Firebird
05 Apr 2008, 14:43
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: FS Crashing
Replies: 12
Views: 477

Let us know if you find something.
by Firebird
05 Apr 2008, 09:44

Strange. However to really prove that, remove the F16 from the RIAT bgl, re-compile, and see if the crash still happens.

If it doesn't pm your aircraft.cfg containing the T-Birds and will have a look to see if I can see anything.
by Firebird
05 Apr 2008, 09:05

I don't believe so, Chris, Mike has said on many occasions that he would like to find the time to redo the f16 fde but hasn't got around to it yet. OK, we have to narrow this down, so no matter what time you go to your RIAT and how long you sit there the problem only happens when the F16s fly? If th...
by Firebird
05 Apr 2008, 08:42

MACC, I haven't found one yet so if you do, let me know. What I can tell you, from experience, is that usually two things cause a CTD. Scenery, normally this is a corrupt texture or one not in the correct format and can mean checking each one for the scenery to see what causes the problem. The other...
by Firebird
05 Apr 2008, 08:27
Topic: FS2004 Issue
Replies: 1
Views: 146

To be honest, mate, that sounds like a graphics card issue. have you got the latest driver for the 7950 card? I think thats the one in it.
by Firebird
04 Apr 2008, 22:53
Topic: AI Helicopters
Replies: 22
Views: 1264

You can Keith, the simple explanation is that two afcads in the same location don't know about each other. So what you do is create a small afcad at exactly the spot you have or want your helipads. It will have to have a different icao from the main airfield but it can be called the same and I think...
by Firebird
04 Apr 2008, 21:25
Topic: AFCAD for an A/C Carrier
Replies: 7
Views: 582

Jan, sorry about that I knew what Mike was working on and didn't read the post fully. Doh!
by Firebird
04 Apr 2008, 18:43
Topic: AFCAD for an A/C Carrier
Views: 582

Hi Jan, The reason you can't find it yet is that the package is not finished yet. Never fear though you will hear a lot more about it as it nears completion. On the afcad front, the guys are still making sure that the technique works. As you know though once it does work the information will be give...
by Firebird
04 Apr 2008, 15:49
Topic: Aircraft not displaying correctly. Anyone seen this?
Views: 469

Ah a side effect of the canopy texture. Well thats my new knowledge for today.
by Firebird
04 Apr 2008, 13:13
Topic: Aircraft not displaying correctly. Anyone seen this?
Views: 469

Its not only an FSX issue mate, I get the same at Valley with the Hawks and at Holloman with the F-117s. Its a bit obvious when the schemes are inherently black. Of course, I am laying myself open to the Holloman isn't a problem any more quotes, but this sentence should take about take care of that ...