The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 181 matches

by Jim
11 Jul 2022, 13:26
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Anybody want more (simple) scenery?
Replies: 49
Views: 3142

Re: Anybody want more (simple) scenery?

OK, until I get around to asdro's other two, here's where I'm at. The FS9 version is untested. I recommend FSX users try my P3D versions (as FS9 versions have a few missing features); I hope they work without having to recompile in ADE. The terminal building I chose is from Lens EZ Airport Buildings...
by Jim
11 Jul 2022, 12:59

For the inappropriate surroundings problem, the easy answer is to use landclass polys in ADE to have autogenerated urban (or whatever) scenery around the airfield. Cheers Tim, Dunno what I was looking at before, but it's passable (for me) now. I have also tried your suggestion, but the landclasses ...
by Jim
11 Jul 2022, 12:54

Most people when they start scenery start with the stock afcads. Taking into account that a lot of places are just basic runway layouts and those with buildings are default lib objects placed almost haphazardly then there is no issue with making these available. What you are not doing is taking som...
by Jim
10 Jul 2022, 22:54

1MAD.JPG Capture.JPG Nice one, Jim. Cheers Steve, Can I ask you for some guidance? What is the policy on re-jigging stock scenery? Contrary to my quick reply to astro, I found it simplest to squeeze up the stock OMAD runway & taxiways to make them fit the real life background from Google Earth....
by Jim
09 Jul 2022, 16:30

Hi asdro, I don't mind making an attempt at them. In my ADE for P3D, I can see a very basic OMAD, but I'd probably start from scratch as its runway is too long. Abu Dhabi NE is in P3D as a runway only, but is coded "OM11", so I'd blank that with a dummy and make an OMAW from scratch. There...
by Jim
09 Jul 2022, 08:52

I've also uploaded some supplementary East Asian airfields.
One I forgot I had, one experimenting with a lagoon and 15 in China not previously done as they have no ICAO codes.

So no more excuses please about not doing PLAAF models and repaints 'cause there's nowhere to fly them to :smt005

Jim
by Jim
03 Jul 2022, 22:15

OK, I'm uploading v1.1 updates of the two European packs. Europe (modern): --------------- UG24 - Elevation changed from 381m to 351m and changed in text notes. Preload ALT file (for Prepar3D v4\Scenery\World\scenery) provided if required (though I don't see any difference). 1GGG - Text notes now po...
by Jim
01 Jul 2022, 23:08

Users always want things immediately, but some times it is prudent to wait to see if any bugs crept it. My vote would be to wait a short while. No arguments Steve, but thanks to Greg for being more patient than I am, I re-uploaded packs 3-6 with small edits before publication. I thought it would be...
by Jim
21 Jun 2022, 11:40

Victory103 has got me looking at Tblisi UGGG and adjacent UG24. Some horrible cliffs either side of the latter have troubled me, though my UG24 is less bad than default (and disabling FreemeshX doesn't help). I've just found that turning off AF2_UGTB_CVX.bgl in the Tblisi scenery I mentioned above m...
by Jim
20 Jun 2022, 19:55

Slowly working my way around to them in P3Dv5.3. As a longtime DCS player, I have never compared the P3D scenery for Georgia until now. I appreciate you taking a look Chris, I can't remember why I picked their airfields, but remember thinking (apart from Tblisi) how quiet they looked on Google Eart...
by Jim
19 Jun 2022, 22:23

While some packs are in the upload queue, I've been working on making them usable for FS9. During this, I've discovered a few errors in the P3D versions however. The biggest is that my comment on my 1GGG heli overlay said it was for the UGGG stock scenery. Sorry, but it requires Alexander Svonidze's...
by Jim
15 Jun 2022, 17:26

Thanks for these Jim, just wanted to confirm I only need the Part2 for the modern airbase ADE layouts? Will be testing these in P3Dv5. Correct Chris. I'm not sure how consistent I've been for consigning a base to retro, but probably 'cause it's been bulldozed or somehow looks very different nowaday...
by Jim
13 Jun 2022, 20:57
Forum: Military Aviation Photography
Topic: Newark air museum, 30.05.22
Replies: 1
Views: 341

Re: Newark air museum, 30.05.22

Jon, you've inspired me :D

I've knocked this up and will take the liberty of posting my simple POI scenery here. It can obviously be improved upon. AI models not included.

Jim
by Jim
05 Jun 2022, 10:40
Topic: Nalayh or Nalaikh AFB Mongolia
Replies: 3
Views: 326

Re: Nalayh or Nalaikh AFB Mongolia

I like it!
by Jim
04 Jun 2022, 23:35
Topic: Nalayh or Nalaikh AFB Mongolia
Replies: 3
Views: 326

Re: Nalayh or Nalaikh AFB Mongolia

Hi Peter, I know nothing, but I'm intrigued after viewing Google Earth. If you have not found these already... Avsimrus has Nalaikh as ZMNA here for FS9: http://www.avsimrus.com/f/ai-traffic-and-afcads-fs2004-34/ussr-military-airfields-in-mongolia-for-military-traffics-1985-and-1990-55615.html This ...
by Jim
04 Jun 2022, 11:25

After dipping my toe, I've plunged in. First pack uploaded.
If I can, I'll see if I can make FS9-friendly versions later.
by Jim
31 May 2022, 10:53

I appreciate the help Steve. Meanwhile I'd found all (?) the deviant features by trial and error. Here's the note I have included for folks to at least be able to edit/compile in FS9 if they are keen to get any going in their sim: "I have renamed my airport sceneries from ADEP4 to ADE9 here and...
by Jim
31 May 2022, 08:16

It is things like fences, roads and terrain elements. The full list can be found in the ADE manual. It is the same with AFX. You can load an FSX afcad but it warns that certain features are lost when saved as an FS9 afcad. Perhaps the easiest way to see the differences is to save the source as xml ...
by Jim
31 May 2022, 08:03

TheFoufure wrote: 30 May 2022, 20:53 Wow. this pack of sceneries seems to be good. But obviously not for FS9. I've tried to convert some of theses sceneries to FS9 but not possible....
Hello again Foufure,
Does VAJM_ADEP4_JFM.bgl work for you? It has no vehicle parking or paths and opens OK in ADE for me as FS9.

Jim
by Jim
30 May 2022, 22:37

OK, if I start ADE as 'FS9' then my .ad4 and .bgl files give the error "File contains FSX elements and cannot be loaded in ADE9".

If anyone knows what these elements might be, then perhaps I could do something?