The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 3531 matches

by John Young
08 Mar 2019, 15:29
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: The cavalry of sky.
Replies: 11
Views: 985

Re: The cavalry of sky.

Mins, my good friend, I knew you could paint, but you are surpassing yourself with modelling. Uploading your work will not only be appreciated, but you will learn from the feedback and grow in confidence.

John
by John Young
08 Mar 2019, 08:58
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Fuji T-5 and T-7 Trainers
Replies: 5
Views: 796

Re: Fuji T-5 and T-7 Trainers

Thanks Giorgio. Actually I was working on two projects together - the Fuji trainers and the conversion of the Shinmaywa flying boats at Iwakuni for P3Dv4. The last two weeks I was stuck, trying to problem solve both. All good now and I'll press on to get the Iwakuni project packaged and uploaded nex...
by John Young
08 Mar 2019, 07:35
Topic: Fuji T-5 and T-7 Trainers
Views: 796

Fuji T-5 and T-7 Trainers

Brent and I are pleased to announce the completion of a project that features the primary training aircraft, the Fuji T-5 and T-7 of the Japan Maritime Self Defense Force (JMSDF) and the Japan Air Defense Force (JASDF) respectively. Associated scenery and flight plans by Brent are either included in...
by John Young
07 Mar 2019, 07:21
Topic: Shinmaywa US-1A's and US-2's Iwakuni (FSX and P3Dv4)
Replies: 21
Views: 2056

Re: Shinmaywa US-1A's and US-2's Iwakuni (FSX and P3Dv4)

Thanks guys. The stub file has solved the problem and we are all now on the same level.

John
by John Young
06 Mar 2019, 16:28

Jim kindly sent me his AFCADs from Matrix but they are at at the same altitude as mine (2.132m) and didn't solve the problem. Is there also an ALT stub file in P3Dv4/scenery/world/scenery that makes it work? If there is could I have a copy please? What I did do is change the elevation on the RJOI (C...
by John Young
06 Mar 2019, 06:54

Aha, that explains why Pete, Greg and Jim are OK and I'm not. I've since discovered that the default elevation of Iwakuni is different in FSX and P3Dv4. That explains why the aircraft were fine for me in FSX, but not in P3Dv4 - the F-35Bs on the RJXH AFCAD were sunk by around 3ft in P3Dv4. Is it pos...
by John Young
05 Mar 2019, 17:17
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: FSX SP2 wont install
Replies: 38
Views: 1625

Re: FSX SP2 wont install

If it were my installation I would be backing up my addons where I can and reinstalling FSX followed by the two patches. It really depends on how many add-ons you have and what hassle a re-install would give you, but either way, I think you need to get back to a clean installation of FSX before re-a...
by John Young
05 Mar 2019, 17:11

No need to be sorry Jim, that's very useful. Is it possible you could send me your RJOI and RJXH AFCADs please? If they are too big to attach, could tell me what elevation they are set to please?

John
by John Young
05 Mar 2019, 17:04

Thank you for that, that looks good. I think this is your problem. I think from previous discussions that your FSX has add-ons, Twin Bases being one of them, Coningsby being another. This is the advice from Microsoft about SP2, also included in the SP install instructions I think: "Your Flight ...
by John Young
05 Mar 2019, 09:23

Could I ask a few people with P3Dv4 and my F-35B package installed to observe something for me please and report back? Could they go to Iwakuni and under the sun canopies, are all the F-35B's sitting at the same level? I don't mean a variation of an inch or two but a couple of feet. There's nothing ...
by John Young
04 Mar 2019, 21:13
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: REQUEST - A-10 scheme
Replies: 2
Views: 192

Re: REQUEST - A-10 scheme

The scheme is an experimental Arctic camouflage applied to two A-10A's at Eielson AFB Alaska in 1982. It was never adopted after the experiment and is not appropriate to Bentwaters and Woodbridge.

John
by John Young
04 Mar 2019, 20:22

Launch FSX to your default scenario and in windowed mode look at the top ribbon menu. Click the button marked "Help" then "About Microsoft Flight Simulator". Make a screen shot and post here.
by John Young
04 Mar 2019, 20:00

It's very difficult trying to help you if we can't determine where you are starting from. Please go to "Help/about" and grab a screen shot of your FSX version number, just as you did for the update failure.
by John Young
04 Mar 2019, 19:18

Please answer the first of my three questions - when you go to help/about, what version information is stated?
by John Young
04 Mar 2019, 19:02

My Delux version of FSX shows the version number and the patch update (SP2) if I go to Help/about. What does yours say? Did you read the readme that comes with the SP2 patch? "Thank you for installing Microsoft® Flight Simulator X Service Pack 2. These notes, instructions, and tips will help yo...
by John Young
04 Mar 2019, 06:33

You said previously that you had the FSX Gold Edition. That is already patched to SP2.

John
by John Young
02 Mar 2019, 22:00

Forget the request about the Iwakuni harbour not showing for me in P3Dv4. Put it down to gross stupidity on my part. The path in my P3D scenery library was pointing to my FSX installation of Iwakuni. That should have worked anyway, but clearly it didn't. All present and correct now in P3Dv4: https:/...
by John Young
02 Mar 2019, 17:40

Shinmaywa US-1A's and US-2's Iwakuni (FSX and P3Dv4)

I finally bit the bullet and succumbed to Martin's request that I convert my Shinmaywa flying boats to FSX native code for use in that sim version and in P3Dv4. It took about 50 hours with the large amount of animation tagging involved and an unexpected problem in trying to get the contact points ex...
by John Young
02 Mar 2019, 12:37
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: What tools work best for AI repaints
Replies: 8
Views: 581

Re: What tools work best for AI repaints

Photoshop is very expensive - around £20 per month, but with a discount for students that brings it to around £10 per month. Paintshop Pro, which is what I use and some others here I know do too, can be bought for around £60 on Amazon. It will only open files produced in that application with a vers...
by John Young
01 Mar 2019, 16:56
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: FSX-SE Transparency Issue
Views: 609

Re: FSX-SE Transparency Issue

Manfred I'm sure will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you may have his FS9 Bruggen installed Del. That would certainly account for the transparency issues. Manfred hasn't produced an FSX version I believe, but he is definitely working on one for P3Dv4. I know some people have managed to convert...