The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 3531 matches

by John Young
10 Dec 2018, 17:09
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Lakenheath EGUL
Replies: 72
Views: 2963

Re: Lakenheath EGUL

Or why the helicopters are showing.
by John Young
10 Dec 2018, 16:43
Forum: JYAI
Topic: John Young AI Tornados not showing in FSX RAF Marham scenery
Replies: 19
Views: 1457

Re: John Young AI Tornados not showing in FSX RAF Marham scenery

Concur with all that, except that the effects texture in the Marham zip is a .bmp and is the right way up. That works. Just noticed that my MAIW Global Object Library\texture folder has 5 GROUND_CREWE (1-5).dds files in it, but they have nothing to do with Marham. Are these the files you are referri...
by John Young
10 Dec 2018, 16:11

So, we know the aircraft are in the right place and we are both using the same traffic file. Let's just check the Lakenheath scenery. This is a temporary link to the Lakenheath scenery files that I am using: https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/fgDltoMl7P Just disable your current Lakenheath\...
by John Young
10 Dec 2018, 15:49

I don't understand what the Groundcrew files are in the MAIW_Global_Folder? Since I don't have that folder I can't check. I don't know whether they conflict with the ground crew effect files for Marham or not, but I can't think why they should. The Marham ground crew are effects files. Can anyone sh...
by John Young
10 Dec 2018, 12:13

If none of them aircraft are in the system, then I wonder if they are installed correctly. It's probably unlikely since the Pavehawks are showing, but just for hobby to check, this what I have:

John
by John Young
10 Dec 2018, 12:09
Topic: Panavia Tornado
Replies: 285
Views: 26128

Re: Panavia Tornado

Ok, if you are happy with that Manfred, I'll release the Bruggen GR1's when they are ready. The Honington package, I'll hold until the scenery is ready. I know that is progressing nicely and should be finished well before Bruggen. I can't include the soundai files with the releases because I don't h...
by John Young
10 Dec 2018, 09:44

The better test I think is to put hobby's aircraft.cfg file in my F-15E folder in place of mine and to see if the aircraft appear. Having just tried that, I can confirm that they do. I think the file is sound. I'm getting stuck for ideas too. There's one further test we could do that might be useful...
by John Young
10 Dec 2018, 07:46

Good question Randy. There will be two packs of GR1's, one for Bruggen and the other for Honington. My intention is to release them with the sceneries, either as part of those packages or as stand alone AI packages that users can download in parallel - whatever the scenery authors would like.

John
by John Young
10 Dec 2018, 06:44

But the aircraft.cfg file PM'd to me is the same as the one I have, both in terms of aircraft entries and file size.

John
by John Young
09 Dec 2018, 18:50

Just to be absolutely sure, I downloaded the FSX version of my F-15s this afternoon to check that there were no discrepancies between what's in that zip and what's active in my FSX installation. I can confirm that both are the same. So, if hobby has the same aircraft, my traffic file and his central...
by John Young
09 Dec 2018, 18:37

Glad you got it sorted.

John
by John Young
09 Dec 2018, 16:13

Jester945271, when you installed the F-35B package it should have 4 separate aircraft entries, CTOL, SRVL,STOVL and VTOL, like this (The A's and C's are from other packages): https://i.imgur.com/Mt3Bu1B.jpg Each aircraft folder has it's own aircraft.cfg file that contains, amongst others, the UK ent...
by John Young
09 Dec 2018, 15:47

I'm pleased to say that the Saudi Tornado package was sent this afternoon to Greg to be added to the Download Hangar when he has the opportunity to do that. My thanks to Dale for the paints, scenery and flight plans. https://i.imgur.com/q0XDylo.jpg I now have everything I need to package up the Ital...
by John Young
09 Dec 2018, 15:13

Hi Paul,

There are 4 models used by the UK F-35B's, CTOL just being one of them (1 aircraft). The rest are spread between STOVL (7 aircraft), SRVL (2 aircraft) and VTOL (1 aircraft). 9 of the aircraft are at Marham and the other two are in the USA.

The manual describes the arrangement.

John
by John Young
09 Dec 2018, 09:05

Are you looking in the right place hobby? Because you are using my test traffic file, there are no parking codes in the aircraft.cfg file. The aircraft are concentrated in the central area and not at the distant HAS sites: https://i.imgur.com/IE5yk49.jpg It must install OK, or I wouldn't have been a...
by John Young
09 Dec 2018, 09:00

Maurizio, there should be 8 different ground crew figures.

John
by John Young
09 Dec 2018, 07:11

I've just re-downloaded my RAF Marham package from the Download Hangar just to check that there's nothing wrong inside the zip. I re-installed the ground crew effect files and the texture into P3Dv4\effects and the two placement .bgl files into the Marham scenery folder. I then launched Marham and s...
by John Young
08 Dec 2018, 17:20

I agree totally. Just let me know when you want a paint kit, although it might be better to finish the packaging of the Italian, German and Saudi Tornado's first. I would have sent the Saudi ones for inclusion in the Download Hangar today, but the distractions got in the way of the final checks. Sho...
by John Young
08 Dec 2018, 16:08

That's strange because the scenery has been around for over 5 years in FSX and I haven't had the problem reported before. It's possible P3Dv4 doesn't like the technique, but it's fine in my version. I wonder if it's just a simple case of your GroundCrew.bmp texture needing flipping vertically? Disab...
by John Young
08 Dec 2018, 11:25

Sorry, I can't replicate that: https://i.imgur.com/roz09Ff.jpg I'm assuming you have the FSX version of my RAF Marham installed in P3Dv4 and not the FS9 one. The ground crew are effect files called by placement objects in the Groundcrew.bgl in the local Marham scenery folder. Check that you have the...