The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 3531 matches

by John Young
26 Mar 2024, 12:20
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: AI for MSFS
Replies: 9
Views: 337

Re: AI for MSFS

We can't really release the Lakenheath package now. It was built with Ian's scenery with his blessing and involvement, but he has since gone pay-ware with it with static aircraft and I don't want to minimise his return on that by competing with a freeware version. There is nothing else in the pipeli...
by John Young
25 Mar 2024, 22:21
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: RAF Tengah
Replies: 32
Views: 919

Re: RAF Tengah

Just wondering Nick, why you picked Tengah for the project for your SDK learning, if the information and resources are so lacking?

John
by John Young
25 Mar 2024, 14:39
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Urgent Forum Maintenance
Replies: 18
Views: 912

Re: Urgent Forum Maintenance

Well done and thank you to all involved. The heart of MAIW continues to beat.

John
by John Young
25 Mar 2024, 07:52

Sorry, we don't even know your name, but your phrase "It's too much trouble otherwise" doesn't fit with us. We go to a lot of trouble to get things right and as authentic as possible - hence around 2000 hours to make and paint the models you want. To do that requires effort, and over the y...
by John Young
24 Mar 2024, 11:38

No, I'm not offended, just not won over yet. It would have been better if you had approached me first if your intention, as it seems, is for you to convert a lot of my models to static objects, rather than wait until your third post to realise the need to ask me about that. Provided you don't use a ...
by John Young
23 Mar 2024, 16:38
Forum: Camo repaints ltd
Topic: MAIW_WSMG F-16's
Replies: 226
Views: 6851

Re: MAIW_WSMG F-16's

I make my LODs in Gmax by grouping all the parts in the primary model and naming the group, for example, "Model_LOD_400. I then clone LOD_400 to make LOD_30, or however else I want to number it, depending on the size of the object. LODs work on pixels not distance. I may use a different numberi...
by John Young
23 Mar 2024, 10:44
Forum: Camo repaints ltd
Topic: MAIW_WSMG F-16's
Replies: 226
Views: 6851

Re: MAIW_WSMG F-16's

If you are only using 3 LODs Steve, say, LOD_400, LOD_30 and LOD_03 (paper), you only need the lights in the first LOD (LOD_400). You won't see them, even if they were added to LOD_30 because the sim can't resolve them at that distance.

John
by John Young
23 Mar 2024, 08:45

Just think about how you are approaching this because you are not winning me over. You joined the MAIW community 2 days ago with a view to getting my permission to convert at least 6 of my AI aircraft models for use as static objects. You have never thanked me for the models in the first place. They...
by John Young
23 Mar 2024, 07:31

So, it looks like, you want to use my Javelins, Shackletons, Victors, Hunters, Argosies and Canberras, as static objects. Looking at the package so far, the content looks like it's 90% my work. Let me see how the rest of the scenery progresses before I consider permissions. The objects in any case w...
by John Young
23 Mar 2024, 07:17
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390
Replies: 231
Views: 7015

Re: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390

In the meantime, we are pressing on, This is SBGP (Embraer) with night lighting in FSX:

I need to do the same thing for P3D next, the ground splashes being more tricky......

John
by John Young
20 Mar 2024, 22:08
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: exciting news!!!
Replies: 22
Views: 1201

Re: exciting news!!!

The question is, assuming you can find someone or, I suspect, many, developers, who can tackle all the elements of a sophisticated flight simulator, as as already been said. What's in it for them? How will you produce a freeware offering, when these guys will probably need paying? Then you will undo...
by John Young
20 Mar 2024, 21:36

Ray, my new models (KC-390 and the 145 derivates) are in Tim's FTP folder. They will be part of the same contingency as everything else in the Brazilian project, should the need arise.

John
by John Young
20 Mar 2024, 16:08

I have the Embraer Airfield (SBGP) ready, apart from the night lighting, which I will do next: https://i.imgur.com/oRZ0sk3.jpg https://i.imgur.com/dhilRLA.jpg I will place a copy in Tim's folder (the scenery is for both FSX and P3D) after this post, so that contributors to the project can grab it no...
by John Young
17 Mar 2024, 07:16

And the Embraer airfield (SBGP) is nearly there.

John
by John Young
13 Mar 2024, 12:08
Topic: AI for MSFS
Replies: 9
Views: 337

Re: AI for MSFS

When we were developing AI aircraft for MSFS we just used FSX traffic files compiled with AIFP. The files worked fine, the problem was that the MSFS AI engine was broken by Asobo and created problems itself.

John
by John Young
08 Mar 2024, 15:20

Just a quick update on what I'm doing at the moment. I'm building the Embraer factory airfield, SBGP. What you see in the screen shot is the left side of the final assembly complex. I probably have the same amount of buildings yet to make on the right. What makes this easier than most sceneries, is ...
by John Young
03 Mar 2024, 21:37

The EMB-145 derivatives (C-99A, VC-99A, VC-99B, E-99M and R-99) are all done. For the developers and painters working on the project, I have added the aircraft to Tim's FTP folder/SimObjects, along with a traffic file that covers these aircraft plus the KC-390s in the traffic folder. Please delete T...
by John Young
02 Mar 2024, 07:14
Topic: Loring AFB in FSX
Replies: 23
Views: 979

Re: Loring AFB in FSX

Paul, I don't know which era you are setting up for Loring, but I did provide an FSX version of the base from John's airfield in my B-36 package:

https://militaryaiworks.com/download-ha ... rs-for-fsx

John
by John Young
02 Mar 2024, 07:03

Absolutely Ray, it's gorgeous.

John
by John Young
29 Feb 2024, 09:41

I was really asking the people who are contributing flight plans to the Brazil project - hence "who's doing what" in my previous post. The MAIW convention was to distinguish military from civil, hence "Mil" in my file name, then country or air force, then type, then unit. I don't...