The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 3531 matches

by John Young
29 May 2018, 11:16
Forum: JYAI
Topic: AH-1S Cobra and AH-1Z Viper (Super Cobra_
Replies: 96
Views: 13671

Re: AH-1S Cobra and AH-1Z Viper (Super Cobra_

Yes please Mins, send that over.

John
by John Young
29 May 2018, 05:21
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: xml support needed
Replies: 22
Views: 2694

Re: xml support needed

In Gmax you select each pair of points in turn and click "collapse". Is FSDS similar?

John
by John Young
29 May 2018, 05:17

Correct, blades do not fold. It's far too complicated to do that with timer code before the hover-taxi kicks in. In FSX/P3D even then, you would have to start the sim at least 15 minutes before departure. If you start it within the 15 minutes, the fold, spin and animated lift would all occur togethe...
by John Young
28 May 2018, 07:48
Topic: AI UH-1 Huey???
Replies: 23
Views: 3641

Re: AI UH-1 Huey???

The need for a UH-1 Huey is surfacing again - to go with my AH-1Z Vipers at Camp Pendleton for example. Could we have an update on the current progress and prospects please? Is the intention to produce models for FS9, FSX/P3D?

John
by John Young
27 May 2018, 08:58

AH-1S Cobra and AH-1Z Viper

I don't know of any live use John, but certainly, the AH-1Z's I've studied are often seen carrying them. See example below: Brent has made the 3 JASDF sceneries for the AH-1S's available to colleagues here with an invitation to test them: https://i.imgur.com/ftOBNvb.jpg In the meantime, I've complet...
by John Young
26 May 2018, 08:08
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Scenery questions
Replies: 5
Views: 667

Re: Scenery questions

If you are going to upload the scenery John, are you OK for copyright in the re-worked model?

John
by John Young
26 May 2018, 06:12
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Siauliai Air Base Support Thread
Replies: 7
Views: 1148

Re: Siauliai Air Base Support Thread

Place them directly as a model in ADE. ADDING A MODEL TO ADE Click “Lists” Click “Models” Click “Add” Navigate to the model file and click it then click “select” For the FS9 version, in the “Model” screen, change the name from “User Model” to whatever you want to call it. The FSX version inserts the...
by John Young
25 May 2018, 14:44

Gear compression (UI and AI) works by creating the main leg and the leg below it (Oleo) of a slightly smaller diameter that telescopes into the main leg. You set up the animation for the compression of the lower leg at KF:130 with full extention at KF:100. You then calculate values 8, 9 and 10 in th...
by John Young
24 May 2018, 06:58

Thanks Andy. I am aware of the wide use of the AH-1, both currently and historically. The effort required to make/paint/flight plan them all is not something I want to take on. The only user on that list that I'm actively considering at the moment is the Republic of Korea and even then I might rope ...
by John Young
23 May 2018, 14:26

Sorry Andras, you've lost me on the first bit. You won't want to time from the beacon light, just the Nav, which comes on about 15 minutes before departure. To avoid the appearance of a reverse animation, just keep the revs below that threshold. On the second bit - do you mean gear compression? If s...
by John Young
22 May 2018, 09:01

A tip that you might find useful Andras: avoid adding your custom definitions to your MakeMDL.parts.xml file in one go. If you find something doesn't work, you won't know which block is causing it. Add them in a block at a time as you need it and always at the top. If the compile fails because of th...
by John Young
21 May 2018, 15:55

Just a quick update. I have the USMC AH-1Z model made, painted and tested in FS9. It's such a different model compared to the AH-1S, most of it I had to build from scratch. Next job is to make the LODs and then convert for FSX/P3D. Following that, 60 are destined for Camp Pendleton, San Diego, so th...
by John Young
17 May 2018, 10:53
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: To all developers
Replies: 2
Views: 350

Re: To all developers

Thank you Mark for your kind words too. It's always good to design for people here that have an affinity with the services.

John
by John Young
17 May 2018, 08:25
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Patuxent River 2018 Package conversion
Replies: 21
Views: 2705

Re: Patuxent River 2018 Package conversion

Maybe, but It's not something I want to pursue. My interest was to produce 135 F-35A's B's and C's for 3 sim versions. The scenery that is used by them was produced by other people and I merely did the basic conversions as best I could to enable them to be used in FSX/P3D. Pax River was a really com...
by John Young
16 May 2018, 08:56

I don't recognise an AFCAD with 209m, at least not in the file name.

However, I did find some trees in the areas of your screen shots with autogen turned up high. Andrew's fix in the post above does remove them - I've just tried it.

Have you tried it yourself?

John
by John Young
14 May 2018, 17:54

Just out of interest, which AFCAD file did you delete? You mentioned that the trees are in many parts of the scenery. I've just checked my Pax River installation with autogen on max. I did find a few trees in one corner encroaching on the taxiway/apron, but turning the autogen setting down got rid o...
by John Young
14 May 2018, 07:48

That's progress - how did you solve the "hole problem"? When you say that the tree problem started when you put in the FSX update, does that imply that you had no trees previously? If so, what Pax scenery was installed in FSX prior to that? Have you removed: GGv3_XTrees_lib9_0.bgl Patuxent...
by John Young
13 May 2018, 08:04

The replacement AFCADs in the FSX F-35B download are already set up for FSX and include the elevation change to prevent the holes. The trees are also adjusted. Are you sure you have downloaded the FSX version of the F-35B's? As a check, if you are able to open any of the AF2 files (ADE, AFX or AFCAD...
by John Young
12 May 2018, 20:43

Did you follow all the steps in the FSX F-35B manual for the Pax River scenery, ie: Remove the following files from the Patuxent River\scenery folder: • 0_Patuxent_VTPX.bgl • GGv3_XTrees_lib9_0.bgl • KNHK_FSGEnesis-Mesh-Flatten_LWM2_2m.bgl • Patuxent_Object_Library • Patuxent_Trees_Placement_file.bg...
by John Young
11 May 2018, 14:17

I'll certainly have a look at other variants once I have the "S" and the "Z" done. The good thing about models like this is that there are not the heaps of parts like gear legs, wheels, gear doors and flaps/slats/spoilers that require a lot of animation work, especially in FSX/P3...