The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 3531 matches

by John Young
16 Feb 2017, 07:58
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D
Replies: 189
Views: 26070

Re: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D

I think Pete has withdrawn the file.

John
by John Young
15 Feb 2017, 08:27
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D
Replies: 189
Views: 26070

Re: RAF Lakenheath for FSX/P3D

That is a disappointment Pete, but not surprising. 1176 people have downloaded Lakenheath for FSX. We know from past experience that 99.7% of people who download, do so without ever saying a word. That would leave a potential of only 3.5 people who might be expected to comment on the wet surface eff...
by John Young
13 Feb 2017, 21:38
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: New Package: Misawa AB
Replies: 22
Views: 2647

Re: New Package: Misawa AB

I think that's true Mike. In Gmax, the Material Manager has two lists of Materials (textures) - "Entire" and "Applied". The "Entire" lists all the materials that are currently applied + all those that have previously been applied, irrespective of whether they are curren...
by John Young
11 Feb 2017, 08:23
Forum: JYAI
Topic: B-47 Stratojet
Replies: 52
Views: 6107

Re: B-47 Stratojet

Thanks Geoff, but I'll stick to the 306th at Macdill and perhaps a few RB=47's, other wise I'll really get bogged down in what is probably a minority interest. I'll provide a paint kit as usual and users can create further examples and deployments as they wish.

John
by John Young
10 Feb 2017, 20:33

That would be OK Brent. Both Rickenbacker and Forbes are in FS9 (haven't checked FSX), even if I just modified the default AFCADs. Both are a reasonable flight time to/from Macdill.

John
by John Young
10 Feb 2017, 20:12
Forum: Other Design Discussions
Topic: How do I create a texture for rotate to user effect in FSX?
Replies: 2
Views: 698

Re: How do I create a texture for rotate to user effect in FSX?

Very good question Manfred and I wish I knew the answer. Unfortunately it was Stevo who devised the method and made it work and I don't have a record of how he did it. You are right that the texture sheet consists of several people. I just can't work out how each is mapped to the specific effect, ei...
by John Young
10 Feb 2017, 19:44

I can certainly look into the RB-47 John, including where they were based. If no scenery exists, I guess we could have a few visiting Macdill.

John
by John Young
10 Feb 2017, 17:12

B-47 Stratojet

I let the B-47 out of the bag in Martin's most wanted AI thread a few days ago, so I can now say a little more about what I'm doing. Although the aircraft are done (FS9 and FSX native), I am in the process of building some retro scenery of Macdill AFB to give them a home to operate from. There are 3...
by John Young
10 Feb 2017, 16:16
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Bombers
Replies: 19
Views: 2119

Re: Bombers

I think I would want to be very careful in expending effort on very old prototype AI aircraft that are so few in number, never mind the retro scenery to put them in. I'd rather spend the time on something of potential wider appeal. Even though still niche, a Valiant might be possible one day to go w...
by John Young
10 Feb 2017, 09:20
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: Misawa Air Base Support Thread
Replies: 67
Views: 6249

Re: Misawa Air Base Support Thread

You really have to hand it to Kevin and Mike for dedication and effort with the new F-16 and associated scenery. I see from our internal developer section of the forum that the F-16 thread is now at page 62, having started it in October 2011. Every day when I check my posts and messages, I notice th...
by John Young
09 Feb 2017, 22:52

I've done the B-47 Giorgio and I'm working on the scenery to go with it. I want to do the B-58 after that. That one won't need additional scenery because it should work with Brent's Carswell if the parking codes are changed. Don't respond here, I'll post some screen shots in my JYAI section tomorrow...
by John Young
09 Feb 2017, 22:46
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Seasonal Textures
Replies: 23
Views: 1386

Re: Seasonal Textures

It's dead easy with Gmax and MdlTweakerII. You did make the complete set of textures, including the _lm if needed and they are in the texture folder?

John
by John Young
09 Feb 2017, 21:29

Nice one Giorgio. You will be able to add a B-47 next, followed by a B-58. You seem to be missing my B-57 by the way.

John
by John Young
09 Feb 2017, 21:23

Can you not just output the model file from FSDS, load the model in MDLTweakerII, apply the seasonal textures and save? Then place the tweaked model in ADE and compile. You don't need MDX, librarycreatorxml or anything else. I made a grass revetment with seasonal textures for Gary a couple of months...
by John Young
09 Feb 2017, 08:05
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: NAS North Island Seahawks
Replies: 48
Views: 2851

Re: NAS North Island Seahawks

Very well done Rick. Amazing job.

John
by John Young
08 Feb 2017, 20:24

Why don't you place the tweaked model straight out of MDL Tweaker II, with whatever name you chose, directly in ADE as a model object? It's always worked for me. Why do you need Compile Helper or MCX?

John Y.
by John Young
06 Feb 2017, 22:42
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Is that an Orion I see?
Replies: 21
Views: 1453

Re: Is that an Orion I see?

Hartwig might well have a point. In the case of the aircraft that blur, do they have more than one texture sheet for the airframe? I used two sheets to divide up the airframe on my AI B-29 and that resulted in sudden blurring. There is a technique in the mapping (in the model) to prevent it, but I'v...
by John Young
06 Feb 2017, 21:30
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Is that an Orion I see?
Replies: 21
Views: 1453

Re: Is that an Orion I see?

I always use mipped textures. There is a potential drawback if you don't that I noticed a while ago when testing someone elses's package without them. If you have a large quantity of AI aircraft concentrated in one place, eg on a flight line or on a HAS site, the sim is likely to stutter violently a...
by John Young
06 Feb 2017, 09:30
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: Most wanted AI poll
Replies: 115
Views: 19019

Re: Most wanted AI poll

Probably not the right place to discuss the B-47s. I'll open a thread in the JYAI section of the forum when I'm ready to reveal the detail and we can discuss if the special feature that Martin mentioned (JATO) might be possible. Right now I'm planting a large quantity of trees at Macdill AFB, while ...
by John Young
06 Feb 2017, 08:04
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: Most wanted AI poll
Replies: 115
Views: 19019

Re: Most wanted AI poll

I've made the B-47s (FS9 and FSX). Just working on the scenery to go with them.

John