The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 3528 matches

by John Young
08 Feb 2024, 07:24
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Embraer KC-390
Replies: 32
Views: 1443

Re: Embraer KC-390

I’ve been giving some thought to the suggestion to include PBR texturing on the KC-390s in P3D. First off, done properly it’s a lot of quite complicated work, as we found with MSFS PBR. The results though, in that sim, were outstanding. I might be satisfied with the result in P3D too, but I’m far fr...
by John Young
06 Feb 2024, 21:58

I think that's because Portugal has only one aircraft and it's still in the evaluation stage. It is not a problem in any case, the model can be switched to Pods/no Pods in the aircraft.cfg file.

John
by John Young
06 Feb 2024, 16:18

This might be a good subject to experiment with PBR textures in P3D. I know how to make and apply PBR textures in MSFS (a lot of work) but I don't know if the process steps and settings are different in P3D. Apart from that my P3Dv5.3, sadly, does not render as well as FSX. It's very gloomy and look...
by John Young
06 Feb 2024, 09:14

These are the KC/C-390 aircraft, painted up for Brazil (6) and Portugal (2). Although Portugal has just one aircraft in operation, the second one is due this year, so I have painted it in readiness for that. Brazil has 4 aircraft at Anapolis and 2 at Rio de Janeiro. I’ve just discovered that Brazil ...
by John Young
03 Feb 2024, 22:23
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: JYAI F-15s invisible in P3Dv4.5 HF3
Replies: 10
Views: 198

Re: JYAI F-15s invisible in P3Dv4.5 HF3

Also, what scenery are you using - are the parking spots the right size, how are your traffic sliders set, what traffic file is in use? Have you checked for the presence of FS9 traffic files?

John
by John Young
03 Feb 2024, 16:52
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390
Replies: 224
Views: 6872

Re: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390

Just to say thank you for this terrific response. The KC-390 is looking so good in the sims, having spent hours researching, mapping and painting. Still a bit more to do yet, but as soon as I can share a shot or two of the aircraft in Tim's scenery, I'll do that. The Brazil AFCADs that Tim has put t...
by John Young
29 Jan 2024, 16:04

Apologies, you are right Jorgen. I'm referring to the HTAI ones. I haven't really got that far yet.

John
by John Young
29 Jan 2024, 07:31

Embraer KC-390

Following the suggestions I asked for, I decided to respond to the greatest number for a present-day aircraft. That was the Embraer KC-390. The Brazilian air force have 6 operational so far, from an order of 22. Portugal has 1 from an order of 6. Other countries with the KC-390 on order for deliveri...
by John Young
26 Jan 2024, 16:04
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 544
Views: 40881

Re: Thoughts on the next project

Thank you all. Anything recorded here remains very useful. It took me a few years to work through the previous proposals, so I have plenty to consider going forward. For the current project, I'm now well advanced with the KC-390 modelling (what a good suggestion that was) and I'm tempted to make the...
by John Young
25 Jan 2024, 09:44
Forum: Camo repaints ltd
Topic: MAIW_WSMG F-16's
Replies: 226
Views: 6846

Re: MAIW_WSMG F-16's

Steve, you can use "c_gearlight" for the landing light part name in FS9. It will switch off as the gear retracts.

John
by John Young
23 Jan 2024, 08:03

The MAIW C-17 isn't that bad and doesn't really justify the effort at the moment. Better to make the KC-390 as a greater priority. The F-18 is just too big a subject - not so much the models, but the paints.

John
by John Young
22 Jan 2024, 07:51
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: MCX now able to convert FS9 aircraft animations?
Replies: 9
Views: 491

Re: MCX now able to convert FS9 aircraft animations?

I don't need MCX to produce FS9 versions of my FSX/P3D only work. If I had any inclination to do that, I would convert the Gmax FSX file and compile from there.

John
by John Young
19 Jan 2024, 12:00

I’ve been thinking about these suggestions for the past few days. I think there are about 30 in total, which is clearly too many to eat this year. Reducing the list down a bit, I have to say that I am not particularly interested in Chinese, Russian and Pakistani ai. I do like some of the retro sugge...
by John Young
19 Jan 2024, 10:26
Topic: AI Spitfires, Mosquitos and Lancasters, RAF Ford 1944, with Present-Day Historic examples.
Replies: 18
Views: 885

Re: AI Spitfires, Mosquitos and Lancasters, RAF Ford 1944, with Present-Day Historic examples.

Thanks Jorgen and also for spotting the flight number problem in the 602 sqn Spitfires flightplan. They began with a "0" which is not permitted in the sim, although I haven't detected a problem while observing the aircraft at Ford. To be sure though I have changed them and included them in...
by John Young
18 Jan 2024, 06:23
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: ModelConverterX - please read
Replies: 15
Views: 582

Re: ModelConverterX - please read

I don't know if this helps, but on the few occasions I did a Gmax conversion from FSX to FS9, the sim would usually not load the model from the first few tries. Every vestige of FSX code needed to be removed, principally the GUID and FriendlyName, any XML code specific to FSX and all FSX animation a...
by John Young
17 Jan 2024, 17:41

Apart from refreshing this thread, it's great and reassuring to hear from everyone again. Martin, sorry, I don't have your message of the 28 December unfortunately. I thought Outlook, that Microsoft forced on me, would be an improvement on Windows 10 mail, but it isn't. It's just a clutter, never mi...
by John Young
17 Jan 2024, 12:18

Martin, I have the acknowledgement about holding my Ford upload until Tom had uploaded his. He has now done that I believe, so both can be released. The "come on Martin" had nothing to do with that. I'm always interested in your ideas and I won't make any decisions on future projects until...
by John Young
16 Jan 2024, 15:24

Wow, thanks everyone. There are some really interesting suggestions there and I am spoilt for choice. I will need to come back and ask some questions and I am eager to do that. I think my next 3 projects, at least, are in there. I can also switch between the different aircraft types and periods for ...
by John Young
16 Jan 2024, 09:06

It's been a while since I last visited this thread, but it has been extremely useful in giving me ideas on what to develop and indeed, much of what has been suggested has now been done. I have some possibilities for a new project, but I would like to throw into the mix any fresh ideas that users her...
by John Young
12 Jan 2024, 06:39
Topic: AI Spitfires, Mosquitos and Lancasters, RAF Ford 1944, with Present-Day Historic examples.
Replies: 18
Views: 885

AI Spitfires, Mosquitos and Lancasters, RAF Ford 1944, with Present-Day Historic examples.

This package, for FSX and P3D, provides AI aircraft and flightplans for the upcoming scenery of RAF Ford 1944, by Thomas Grant. The airfield, on the south coast of England, was a major intruder asset supporting the D-Day landings. The project has been assisted by Tim Collins who has researched exten...