The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 3527 matches

by John Young
25 Dec 2023, 06:47
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Bruggen for FSX - within a short time but restricted
Replies: 10
Views: 523

Re: RAF Bruggen for FSX - within a short time but restricted

Happy Christmas Manfred. Job well done.

John
by John Young
23 Dec 2023, 10:07
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: exciting news!!!
Replies: 22
Views: 1201

Re: exciting news!!!

So, this is a new simulator that you are designing from scratch, with scenery and an AI engine and aircraft. Good luck with that. What sort of timescale are you envisaging?

John
by John Young
22 Dec 2023, 22:28
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: exciting news!!!
Replies: 22
Views: 1201

Re: exciting news!!!

Are the aircraft AI, flyable or static? If either of the first two, what engine are you going to develop to enable them to work with a specified FDE and how is that FDE recorded? It's not an easy task as Asobo have found in relation to MSFS. You can't lift the Microsoft system because it's copyright...
by John Young
15 Dec 2023, 07:51
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: AI UH-60/UH-72 for P3Dv4?
Replies: 6
Views: 357

Re: AI UH-60/UH-72 for P3Dv4?

I made the FSX native model over 6 years ago and I would imagine that countless people have been using it in FSX and P3D since that time. Does AIFP refuse to compile it?

John
by John Young
04 Dec 2023, 15:38
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Flight planning question
Replies: 5
Views: 323

Re: Flight planning question

I hardly ever program TNGs in circuit flight plans in FSX or P3D (previously in FS9 too), so not to hog the pattern as Steve says. I've never experienced anything going astray, as far as I can remember. Now flying out and back to a waypoint is more of a challenge and time consuming to get the timing...
by John Young
01 Dec 2023, 07:07
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: Creating AI flight plans in P3Dv4.. How similar is it to creating AI flight plans in FSX?
Replies: 26
Views: 1034

Re: Creating AI flight plans in P3Dv4.. How similar is it to creating AI flight plans in FSX?

Check that both of your traffic sliders are to the right. If you happen to be using AI aircraft that don't have "atc_airline=" allocated in the aircraft.cfg file, the traffic gets put onto the General Aviation slider and you may have that turned off.

John
by John Young
17 Nov 2023, 06:22
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: A few Retro Repaints
Replies: 66
Views: 4074

Re: A few Retro Repaints

Oh, well done Dell. I particularly like the "Raspberry Ripples".

John
by John Young
16 Nov 2023, 08:53
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: FSX crashes after a short amount of time after installing some MAIW AI Packages
Replies: 25
Views: 992

Re: FSX crashes after a short amount of time after installing some MAIW AI Packages

I seems like you are trying to solve 3 faults at the same time: 1. AI aircraft that crash the sim 2. Your custom Edwards scenery that drops out to the default 3. AI aircraft that won't show Disable Edwards for now and try and solve 1. Solving 1 might also solve 2. Fault 3 you say, refers to new AI p...
by John Young
16 Nov 2023, 06:12
Topic: MAIW File Size Upload Limits
Replies: 36
Views: 1466

Re: MAIW File Size Upload Limits

I have had a friendly response from Tom and I need to discuss this with you (Martin) and Tim. I'm just going to put something together and I'll PM it a bit later.

John
by John Young
15 Nov 2023, 16:21
Topic: MAIW File Size Upload Limits
Replies: 36
Views: 1466

Re: MAIW File Size Upload Limits

I see that Tom has included my Hurricane, Spitfire, Lancaster and B-24 in some of his packages and acknowledge that in his readme. I've just e-mailed him to ask about the permission to do that. I don't recall giving it, but I may be wrong. I would normally suggest only a link to the files be provide...
by John Young
15 Nov 2023, 06:23
Topic: FSX crashes after a short amount of time after installing some MAIW AI Packages

Re: FSX crashes after a short amount of time after installing some MAIW AI Packages

So, I was partly right, for some reason the custom scenery gets disabled in the scenery library and you are left with the default KEDW that has no parking spots. I have no idea why the Rikooo scenery would do that, unless it's related to it's huge size and your low spec lap top in some way. I wonder...
by John Young
14 Nov 2023, 07:33
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Sud Aviation/Aérospatiale Alouette II
Replies: 31
Views: 1368

Re: Sud Aviation/Aérospatiale Alouette II

The Alouette package is now finished and uploaded to Martin so he can add it to the Download Hangar. This has been an enjoyable project with some significant challenges with the glass and engine, but it was of a manageable size to prevent me getting bogged down with it. A paint kit has also been upl...
by John Young
14 Nov 2023, 07:04

It's that Halloween Gremlin again Joe! You may be trying to load the KEDW default scenery - it has no parking spots. Did you disable your custom KEDW with the parking spots to do the crash testing? Just check if it's disabled and enable it again if so. Failing that, re-install the custom version if ...
by John Young
12 Nov 2023, 09:58
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: PBR Texturing On The JYAI Lightning F1
Replies: 21
Views: 875

Re: PBR Texturing On The JYAI Lightning F1

Yes, we have a manual that documents the process Martin, including PBR texturing. It's a complex process and will only be worthwhile pursuing once we have a stable AI engine and sources of scenery to put the AI in, as Steve says. Pete continues to innovate, so it's an ongoing learning process of cou...
by John Young
12 Nov 2023, 09:49

I think this should do it for the armed version. Any of the paints can be allocated to this model: https://i.imgur.com/4daHoe9.jpg https://i.imgur.com/ENglCDr.jpg These are the Alouettes in my modified Frizlar scenery: https://i.imgur.com/x13Vojb.jpg https://i.imgur.com/stKlvJY.jpg https://i.imgur.c...
by John Young
11 Nov 2023, 07:48

I believe that's the SS.11 anti-tank missile. I don't have any 3-views for that set up, but I think I can do it by eye. It would add significantly to the polygon count, but if I just flight planned two or three, that would be OK. Let's see what I can do. I have 13 individually numbered Alouettes suc...
by John Young
11 Nov 2023, 06:46

It looks good Pete, but would be even better if the Ambient Occlusion shadow was generated from the model with XNormal.

John
by John Young
10 Nov 2023, 22:07

What is the "rocket" version? Just because there was a Dutch version with wheels, doesn't mean I intend to make it, any more than I'm intending to make the SA3180, the Alouette III, or other Gazelle versions for that matter. I just need to contain my time on this. I see that you are an FS9...
by John Young
10 Nov 2023, 12:28

Funny you should say that Gary. I've had the same ear worm for the past 2 weeks!

John
by John Young
10 Nov 2023, 06:31

I particularly like the second hangar shot and the second of the two in flight shots. They really show the capabilities. We just need the retro MSFS scenery now to feature the aircraft.

John