The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 226 matches

by jgowing
04 Nov 2014, 21:28
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Mother Russia
Replies: 325
Views: 19194

Re: Mother Russia

This is wonderful stuff; I was really looking forward to this one! There are a lot of airfields looking a lot more interesting these days: retro, non retro or maybe a bit of a mixture. It's too tempting..

My main love is the Russians, but thanks, Mike, for all of them, wherever they're from.
by jgowing
03 Nov 2014, 21:52
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Turkmenistan
Replies: 3
Views: 505

Turkmenistan

I installed the Turkmenistan scenery available from Avsimrus, amongst other reasons to provide a home for a few more Frogfoots and Foxbats. Mary (UTAM) is fine, but her neighbour Mary North (UT52) is not; the runway is around 500 feet above the rest of the airfield. Reference to Google Earth indicat...
by jgowing
16 Jun 2014, 19:25
Topic: RAF Odiham EGVO by Brian Clarke
Replies: 19
Views: 1329

Re: RAF Odiham EGVO by Brian Clarke

I've got a weird problem, no runways, aprons or taxiways are appearing in the scenery. I'm using the VFR scenery and all the objects line up fine with the photo realistic scenery. Aircraft park in the right places and the a/c sits on the runway at the start point. But there is nothing showing, just...
by jgowing
13 Jun 2014, 22:33
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: Warbirds
Replies: 36
Views: 2340

Re: Warbirds

That's wonderful.. special indeed.. a truly new shape for the FS9 sky..the polished metal at Duxford dazzles still..

Jon
by jgowing
22 May 2014, 21:07

Started on a Mig-15 last night. At work now, so I can't post pics. Don't know if I will get any work done on it or the MC202 the next couple of days. My job is very mentally challenging. I get home and am usuallly drained. they will get done though, I promise. Was also wanting to start a P-38 or Sp...
by jgowing
20 May 2014, 15:37

Korean warbirds... there's already an F86; how about a Meteor to go with it, or a MiG-15? The MiG would nicely complement Mike Pearson's recent Russian marvels :D ..and, staying with the Korean theme, maybe a Tigercat; that would be wonderful..
by jgowing
12 Apr 2014, 17:13
Forum: MAIW Non Package Releases
Topic: Armée de l'Air KC-135FR Tankers
Replies: 43
Views: 5971

Re: Armée de l'Air KC-135FR Tankers

Just wondering about those 7 Alphajets mentioned above for the excellent DGA-EV_EPNER flightplans uploaded earlier in this thread. Are there repaints for these anywhere yet? Everything else is in place; Cazaux and Istres looking nice and busy, too.. :)

Jon
by jgowing
09 Apr 2014, 20:19
Topic: Old Warden(Shuttleworth)
Replies: 3
Views: 358

Re: Old Warden(Shuttleworth)

It was in one of the UK2000 packs (4 or 5?), but I don't know about freeware. On a similar theme, I would dearly love to find a version of La Ferte Alais...

Jon
by jgowing
22 Mar 2014, 19:08

No problem. I suppose they're easy enough to re-create if needed.. :)

Except, there is one thing I've never really understood, which is how altitudes are assigned to waypoints. Do you have any advice?
by jgowing
22 Mar 2014, 17:29
Forum: MKAI
Topic: MKAI Puma/SuperPuma/Cougar
Replies: 468
Views: 39459

Re: MKAI Puma/SuperPuma/Cougar

It will have been well worth the wait if that French Christmas present was typical of what's still to come.. :)

Jon
by jgowing
22 Mar 2014, 16:55

[quote="RKE"] I've attached some simple plans to get them in the air and visiting numerous waypoints in the Med, Bay of Biscay/Atlantic Ocean, and the few inland ranges I could find. Low utility as I have no idea how much they fly in real life. My OCD demands that the 3 KC-135R's are noted...
by jgowing
14 Mar 2014, 21:51
Topic: The Polish Air Force Project
Replies: 40
Views: 6009

Re: The Polish Air Force Project

JNDVirtual wrote:I had knocked out the Army bases at Inowroclaw and Gdansk, but it appears that the Mi-8/17s are scheduled to be replaced in the next few years, so I may delay this portion or take a guess as to which helicopter will be chosen.
Retro is good, too. It's all worth it... :)
by jgowing
12 Mar 2014, 17:11
Topic: The Polish Air Force Project
Replies: 40
Views: 6009

Re: The Polish Air Force Project

From what I have read lately, the Su-22's will be around for quite a while yet...

...can I get an obvious question out of the way? :) ..is the Polish project FSX only? No problem with that, obviously..

Jon
by jgowing
08 Mar 2014, 10:17
Topic: Mother Russia
Replies: 325
Views: 19194

Re: Mother Russia

Fedotovo is also (more widely?) known as Kipelovo. Similarly, Mongokhto is Kamenny Ruchey or Sovetskaya Gavan. It is or was also a home to Backfires.There's Severomorsk, too. I have all installed; I'm sure it was Avsimrus.

Jon
by jgowing
06 Mar 2014, 22:31
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Avsim slow !!
Replies: 9
Views: 570

Re: Avsim slow !!

Yes, no luck at all today. Seems to be happening there more often; demand outstripping capacity?
by jgowing
06 Mar 2014, 22:02
Topic: New scenery Lida Air Force Base (UMDD)
Replies: 2
Views: 516

Re: New scenery Lida Air Force Base (UMDD)

This scenery is timely, as by next year Lida will apparently be hosting a regiment of Russian air force Su-27's. Belarus' own Su-27 fleet is also expected to come out of retirement. Don't know where they'll live, though..

Jon
by jgowing
06 Mar 2014, 18:13
Topic: SA-2 Scenery
Replies: 12
Views: 1271

Re: SA-2 Scenery

Got it!! Thankyou, that was too clever for me.. makes me wonder if there are any other Easter Eggs I might have missed elsewhere.. :D

Might be missing a couple of textures on the truck launched SAM's..

Jon
by jgowing
05 Mar 2014, 21:40

I didn't find it there... :? am I missing something?

Jon
by jgowing
03 Mar 2014, 19:43

I didn't spot those in the Nellis package.. where did you find them?
by jgowing
01 Mar 2014, 13:47
Topic: AFCADs for helicopters
Replies: 6
Views: 935

Re: AFCADs for helicopters

FS9. I never quite made the transition to FSX; I had too much baggage.. :smt001