The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 226 matches

by jgowing
01 Apr 2021, 18:31
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Aerospatiale Gazelle
Replies: 169
Views: 14131

Re: Aerospatiale Gazelle

Thanks Steve, it's slowly dawning on me that I may have never understood that point properly.. Getting back on to topic, John's Gazelles all look great, and I've tweaked the parking so that there are no duplicate spots, so the Gazelles now peacefully co-exist with Pumas and, at Le Cannet, with my ra...
by jgowing
01 Apr 2021, 17:22

Steve, I haven't acted on your suggestion yet, but what I found odd was that the ADE already had a lot of small excludes, as if to solve a similar problem, but they didn't align with the poles I saw. Then, when I tried to add some excludes of my own, they had no effect. Furthermore, the Pau scenery ...
by jgowing
30 Mar 2021, 20:58

I found a couple more things, this time with ADE files for the French airfields in FS9. Some helicopter overlay parking spots sit over existing airfield spots, for example at Le Cannet LFMC/LFM1, hence there are aircraft from other FPs occupying the same places. It's all resolvable with some tweakin...
by jgowing
29 Mar 2021, 20:31

Thanks John for another wonderful helicopter. There's one tiny issue with the flight plans, just for people's information: I have found what seems to be a consistent anomaly in the French ones (I haven't checked the others). Taking the first plan as an example, and separating the legs for clarity be...
by jgowing
26 Mar 2021, 17:42
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Transparency
Replies: 7
Views: 1192

Re: Transparency

Thanks to the Blackhawk FDE it's much, much better now, even at 15 fps. So, really it's a Blackhawk in Tiger's clothing, but at least those parms do the job. Thankyou once again. And with LOD's maybe a much easier job now than they were, I'm encouraged to press on. If there are further progress/prob...
by jgowing
25 Mar 2021, 21:42

Thanks John; I'm getting there slowly, it's still early days.Thankyou also for the tip on the FDE, I'll see how that goes. I have animated lift working, after earlier xml advice from Kevin, although I'm tweaking the heights and angles. At the moment, the tilt looks too quick to me, but I think I've ...
by jgowing
25 Mar 2021, 17:28

Thanks John. It's also much easier once the penny drops, as there were a couple of other things I was getting wrong. Never underestimate operator stupidity! Anyway, I'm moving forward now, although there's a way to go. For one thing, it flies like a leaf in a storm..

Jon G
by jgowing
24 Mar 2021, 21:47

Thankyou very much, John, I'll experiment with that tomorrow.

Jon G
by jgowing
24 Mar 2021, 18:21

Transparency

When I made my MFI-17, I used a separate texture for the canopy glass. I could have just done that again, but on my current project I wanted to include the glass as a small section within the main texture sheet. As a result, I've currently got some odd ghosting effects throughout the model. So far I...
by jgowing
20 Mar 2021, 19:02
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Huey.
Replies: 20
Views: 2110

Re: Huey.

And so many great potential opportunities for repainters, too..

Jon G
by jgowing
05 Mar 2021, 18:35
Forum: MKAI
Topic: Elbit Hermes 450
Replies: 30
Views: 2026

Re: Elbit Hermes 450

Thanks Miljan for another interesting subject.

Jon G
by jgowing
16 Feb 2021, 08:11
Topic: AI Oleo Compression
Replies: 13
Views: 859

Re: AI Oleo Compression

Thanks very much for the advice, John It's always good to try out something new, although the Andover is somewhat ahead on the to-do list.

Jon G
by jgowing
15 Feb 2021, 21:53
Topic: AI Oleo Compression
Replies: 13
Views: 859

Re: AI Oleo Compression

Hi John,

I'd be interested in that tutorial, too. Also, planning ahead, wondering about how to achieve the "kneel" with an Andover with the ramp down..

Jon G
by jgowing
08 Feb 2021, 17:26
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Sometimes you just have to take a picture
Replies: 4
Views: 644

Re: Sometimes you just have to take a picture

What are landings like? Is there any scope to avoid special afcad files?

Jon G
by jgowing
25 Jan 2021, 15:04
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: SBAI MI8
Replies: 36
Views: 1845

Re: SBAI MI8

Go to Avsimrus and search for file 61376-mi-8vvs.zip, which has quite a few.

Jon G
by jgowing
25 Jan 2021, 13:12

Fair enough, I'll stop dithering and get on with it!
by jgowing
25 Jan 2021, 08:07

Thankyou. I think these are what I tried to use last time, but maybe I'll take a deep breath and try again. Have you used these yourself?
by jgowing
24 Jan 2021, 18:20

Did anyone ever have success in building AFCAD's for these Mi-8's? They look great and they take off and fly beautifully, but they never land or park correctly using a "conventional" AFCAD. I tried years ago building special AFCAD's based on instructions from SBAI, but I never had any succ...
by jgowing
21 Dec 2020, 08:12
Topic: Agusta A109's
Replies: 123
Views: 12123

Re: Agusta A109's

John, With so many variant possibilities, ultimately "generic" civilian can only mean exactly that, with a consequent loss of accuracy for any given sub type. Some can live with that, some not, personally I can. On the other hand, it's not worth the candle for two specific helicopters at B...
by jgowing
20 Dec 2020, 09:48
Topic: Agusta A109's
Replies: 123
Views: 12123

Re: Agusta A109's

John,

If you were to go ahead, G-INFO shows the A109E to be the most numerous variant on the UK register, and it's been used for example by Qinetiq, examples being G-ETPI and G-ETPJ.

Jon