The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 226 matches

by jgowing
19 Dec 2020, 16:08
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Agusta A109's
Replies: 123
Views: 12142

Re: Agusta A109's

Thankyou John, great work as ever. Earlier on, you'd mentioned a generic civilian variant. Did that one not make it? I suspect there might be too many variations for it to be really practicable.

Jon
by jgowing
18 Dec 2020, 17:41
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Scenery: Beja AB Portugal
Replies: 24
Views: 2125

Re: Scenery: Beja AB Portugal

All sorted now. As is usually the case, I was being a bit thick.

Jon
by jgowing
16 Dec 2020, 17:27
Topic: Scenery: Beja AB Portugal
Replies: 24
Views: 2125

Re: Scenery: Beja AB Portugal

I know this is an old thread, but Beja is new in my set up. Everything has installed okay, except that the trees are not textured. I have all the files mentioned in the readme, and I believe the scenery file order is correct. Does anyone know the necessary tree texture file, or how I could identify ...
by jgowing
14 Dec 2020, 19:27
Topic: UH-72A Lakota
Replies: 129
Views: 14964

Re: UH-72A Lakota

On the Agusta A109 thread today, there's an image showing the A109's and NH-90's together. The NH-90s have lights, and also a nice animated lift, it seems, so I wondered what technique was used to achieve the lights.

Jon
by jgowing
03 Dec 2020, 16:45
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: More Mirages
Replies: 44
Views: 5319

Re: More Mirages

The textures can easily be converted, that way everyone wins.
by jgowing
01 Nov 2020, 13:07
Topic: Scenery: Holzdorf AB (ETSH) - Luftwaffe
Replies: 6
Views: 846

Re: Scenery: Holzdorf AB (ETSH) - Luftwaffe

Thanks Gert,

I'm pretty sure I don't have all of those installed, so that'll fix it. I'm slowly adding locations to use NH-90's, so your De Kooy and Hyérès sceneries have already found their way into my set up.

Cheers,

Jon
by jgowing
01 Nov 2020, 11:01
Topic: Scenery: Holzdorf AB (ETSH) - Luftwaffe
Replies: 6
Views: 846

Re: Scenery: Holzdorf AB (ETSH) - Luftwaffe

I've only lately picked up Gert's excellent bases around Europe. I added ETSH yesterday, but I have some grey buildings. What texture(s) am I lacking?

Jon
by jgowing
18 Oct 2020, 20:03
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: ODG Afcads
Replies: 9
Views: 802

Re: ODG Afcads

I think I might have, but I won't be able to check for a day or two.

Jon
by jgowing
16 Oct 2020, 16:42
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Saab MFI-17
Replies: 41
Views: 3610

Re: Saab MFI-17

I'm very sorry about the bouncy taxiing that some have experienced with my MFI-17. I am a total novice modeller, which undoubtedly doesn't help, but I am perplexed as to why some people have the problem and some do not. Nevertheless, I want to get to grips with this, as I want to make more models, a...
by jgowing
15 Oct 2020, 07:12

I had no issues in FS9, but I have had one report of bouncing with an unconverted model in FSX. I didn't mention it previously as it was the only one. It was curable with a substitute .air file, but I'd be interested in further feedback from Gavin as it seemed to work fine post conversion in his set...
by jgowing
15 Sep 2020, 15:36
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Battle of Britain 80th Anniversary
Replies: 7
Views: 1129

Re: Battle of Britain 80th Anniversary

Thankyou, that's perfect, John.

I am in a sunny Kent today, in Canterbury, and a Spitfire has not long passed overhead. The sound of a Merlin was never more appropriate, and very moving.

Jon
by jgowing
31 Aug 2020, 20:33

Hi Sean,

I found a couple of photos of a Mushshak (or Super Mushshak, hard to tell), toting a small (dummy?) missile under each wing. I haven't seen a drawing anywhere, but I could add an approximate rendition with the appropriate pylons with and without a round.

Jon
by jgowing
29 Aug 2020, 16:44

Now that is released..... any plans for some other variants? Like the older model, armed, and flying in Africa perchance ;-) SeanG My focus and interest was Scandinavia, and I didn't notice much reference material for an armed version when doing the initial models, although admittedly I wasn't real...
by jgowing
29 Aug 2020, 16:32

Hi Greg,

I was sure I had, but the memory isn't what it was.. I've just uploaded now.

Cheers,

Jon
by jgowing
25 Aug 2020, 16:15

Saab MFI-17

After numerous delays, I have just uploaded my small MFI-17 project to MAIW. There are three files, representing the aircraft currently in service with the Royal Danish and Norwegian air forces, plus flight plans and a paint kit. This is the first thing I have ever made in Gmax, so I am just a littl...
by jgowing
20 Jun 2020, 18:09
Topic: Gmax Material Navigator
Replies: 3
Views: 629

Re: Gmax Material Navigator

It seems it was the ini file, but which? Turns out I had two, one in the Gmax root folder, which included editor parameters, and one the gamepacks/FS2004 folder. I backed up both, and now the Navigator is working.

Jon G
by jgowing
19 Jun 2020, 15:28
Topic: Gmax Material Navigator
Replies: 3
Views: 629

Gmax Material Navigator

I cannot open the Gmax material navigator, either from the top menu, using the M key, or from the materials editor. I have seen some discussion of this on other sites, but without a clear or satisfactory solution. Has anyone here experienced this problem? I am using Windows 10, but I have had that o...
by jgowing
17 Jun 2020, 21:08
Topic: Sikorsky S-92 Helicopters
Replies: 89
Views: 9470

Re: Sikorsky S-92 Helicopters

When I looked in TTools, all the waypoints were there, but none of the airports. I added the latter manually and all was okay. A plus, then for AIFP if it addresses that issue.

Jon G
by jgowing
14 May 2020, 07:05
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: Most wanted AI poll
Replies: 115
Views: 18988

Re: Most wanted AI poll

Thankyou, that's perfect.

Jon G
by jgowing
13 May 2020, 20:14
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: Most wanted AI poll
Replies: 115
Views: 18988

Re: Most wanted AI poll

Okay Sean, that clinches it! LOD's are a first for me, but with further guidance offered from John I'll give it a go. I'm not very quick, though..

Jon G