The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 226 matches

by jgowing
12 May 2020, 09:34
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: Most wanted AI poll
Replies: 115
Views: 19006

Re: Most wanted AI poll

John Young wrote: 12 May 2020, 09:28 LODs for your model Jon - you may only need 3 or 4, should take only an hour or two. I can show you how to do that in Gmax when you are ready.

John
Thanks John
by jgowing
12 May 2020, 09:33

Steve, The upgraded Pakistani Super Mushshak is externally pretty much identical as far as I can see, although it can be armed, and I haven't looked for reference photos for that. The Danish ones I've done have a prominent dorsal aerial, which I would remove anyway for possible Norwegian examples I ...
by jgowing
12 May 2020, 07:45

Thanks Martin!

It's FS9. It's where most of my interest still is, but also the simplest place from which to start. I've read a little about FSX/P3D conversion, but I've not tried any of that.

By the way, if memory serves, you were once interested in the Noratlas as an AI subject?

Jon G
by jgowing
12 May 2020, 07:35

There's someone on the forum that's been building the MFI-17 as a Gmax learning experience. I know that because i have been helping him get there, but I'll let him say more when and if he is ready to do so. John With John's help, I have a serviceable MFI-17. As it's my first attempt, it has numerou...
by jgowing
28 Apr 2020, 09:47
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 544
Views: 41073

Re: Thoughts on the next project

I think it's well worth pursuing, there are quite a few military, government and civilian operators around the world, including a number servicing the oil industry. Also, I for one will be grateful for the helicopter itself, whether or not many sceneries are produced. Maybe the community can be insp...
by jgowing
24 Apr 2020, 07:12
Forum: General Projects
Topic: FS9 Westland Wasp HAS.1
Replies: 33
Views: 2563

Re: FS9 Westland Wasp HAS.1

I think it's possible to import/convert .psp into psd.

Jon G
by jgowing
10 Apr 2020, 07:11
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI C-130J Specials
Replies: 714
Views: 72298

Re: JYAI C-130J Specials

That's a great suggestion, really looking forward to it. Where did Snoopy live, was it Benson?

Jon G
by jgowing
06 Mar 2020, 20:46
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Another Gmax question
Replies: 13
Views: 1050

Re: Another Gmax question

Thanks, that's very useful. At this stage, bottom line, if I base my work on a default file, I'm safe.

Jon
by jgowing
06 Mar 2020, 17:03

Thanks John, I'll try that tomorrow and report back All is well. In truth, I'd got myself in a tangle, but a clean SDK re-install has got me there, and I now have a model to test and in due course to paint. A new question: clearly I've borrowed an FDE, and topically this has been alluded to in anot...
by jgowing
05 Mar 2020, 20:27

Thanks John, I'll try that tomorrow and report back.

Jon
by jgowing
05 Mar 2020, 17:39

Still no luck. The gamepacks folder in Gmax was empty (!), so I added FS2004/plugins folders and put MakeMDL in there and configured the path from Gmax, but it's still not seeing it. When I first copied MakeMDL across, it set itself to 'read only', but I corrected that and still Gmax doesn't see it....
by jgowing
05 Mar 2020, 15:16

Hi John, I'm getting there, I just have one more little snag. The good news is I've got my Gmax model to a point where I want to export it to test in FS9, but I don't get the option to export as an MDL file, just MD3 or 3DS. I remembered the configure paths from FSDS, so I tried to do the same in Gm...
by jgowing
26 Feb 2020, 17:22
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Mother Russia
Replies: 59
Views: 5579

Re: Mother Russia

Andrey Anta did a lot of Russian sceneries for FS9, they're all available on Flightsim.com.

Jon
by jgowing
13 Feb 2020, 20:30
Forum: Military Aviation Photography
Topic: Military Pageant Shuttleworth
Replies: 6
Views: 1306

Re: Military Pageant Shuttleworth

Brilliant photos it would nice to have some of these built for AI like the Beaver, Anson and Scout
Mike Cronin did a Beaver, search for that on Flightsim.com. I could fancy doing an Anson if I ever get up to speed on Gmax!

Jon
by jgowing
11 Feb 2020, 20:58
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW JAI Grumman OV-1 Mohawk Conversion Support
Replies: 5
Views: 702

Re: MAIW JAI Grumman OV-1 Mohawk Conversion Support

I've been unable to find the existing unconverted Mohawk; I've also struggled with the FS9 Neptune and Dauphin. I know I should move on, but in the meantime, where are these old models to be found?

Jon
by jgowing
03 Feb 2020, 16:16

Thanks John, that's very helpful, not least as I now see that I was getting a little ahead of myself, because I don't have all my textures mapped yet. I was also trying to get the axis of rotation "all in one go". Now I see there is an iteration to get the part positioned correctly in all ...
by jgowing
03 Feb 2020, 12:11

Another Gmax question

I'm making some progress, but I've stumbled again. I have made some wing flaps, which was a first for me, and one reason I started with Gmax, as I could never get on with Boolean operations in FSDS. That went fine, but animating a flap is not yet working properly. Whatever I do to the pivot axis, wi...
by jgowing
22 Jan 2020, 18:21
Topic: Mirroring parts in Gmax
Views: 535

Re: Mirroring parts in Gmax

In truth, I made a small start in the autumn, but then real life got in the way for a while. Back on it now, though..

Jon
by jgowing
22 Jan 2020, 17:47
Topic: Mirroring parts in Gmax
Views: 535

Re: Mirroring parts in Gmax

Yes, I've been able to do some tidying up. Most times I create a part, I'm wrong about the number of sections needed, so welding and slicing practice started early!

Jon