The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 973 matches

by Weescotty
17 Oct 2009, 08:27
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Your Top 10 Aviation Movies
Replies: 47
Views: 16892

Re: Your Top 10 Aviation Movies

1.Battle of Britain
2. The Dambusters
3. 633 Squadron
4. Dark Blue World
5. Mosquito Squadron
6. Reach For The Sky
7. The Great Waldo Pepper
8. The Blue Max
9. Tora, Tora, Tora
10. Midway
by Weescotty
12 Oct 2009, 11:42
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: xml again
Replies: 13
Views: 815

Re: xml again

andras1 wrote:Weescotty, this one works now, how can I connect it to the body speed
Think it was adding the max value in, so try -

<code> (A:LIGHT BEACON,number) ! (A: VELOCITY BODY Z, knots) 0 = * </code>
by Weescotty
11 Oct 2009, 19:16

Try this

<part>
<name>tied_downs</name>
<visible_in_range>
<parameter>
<code> (A:LIGHT BEACON,number) ! </code>
</parameter>
<minvalue>1</minvalue>
<maxvalue>1</maxvalue>
</visible_in_range>
</part>
by Weescotty
10 Oct 2009, 21:12

Try replacing code section with (I forgot a space)- <code>(A: VELOCITY BODY Z, knots) 0 = (A: LIGHT BEACON, bool) ! * </code> Copy and paste it in. If nothing, time to test variable/values being returned - <code>(A: VELOCITY BODY Z, knots) 0 = </code> If that works try - <code>(A: LIGHT BEACON, bool...
by Weescotty
07 Oct 2009, 19:44
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: main page banner
Replies: 12
Views: 629

Re: main page banner

james84 wrote:I've seen other interesting screens today... :)
Have you?
by Weescotty
29 Sep 2009, 23:34

This is all the available lights - LIGHT STROBE LIGHT PANEL LIGHT LANDING LIGHT TAXI LIGHT BEACON LIGHT NAV LIGHT LOGO LIGHT WING LIGHT RECOGNITION LIGHT CABIN You could try - <name>YOUR PART NAME</name> <visible_in_range> <parameter> <code>(A: VELOCITY BODY Z, knots) 0= (A: LIGHT BEACON, bool) ! * ...
by Weescotty
29 Sep 2009, 07:03

As we found out - Piston engined aircraft do not respond to Nav, Strobe or Landing lights as AI.

There are a couple more you could try but I ca'nt remember what they are......IDENT? etc
by Weescotty
16 Sep 2009, 16:02
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: SAAF Hawks and Gripens
Replies: 16
Views: 837

That would include the canopy textures then also.
by Weescotty
15 Sep 2009, 16:04
Topic: How do you export AI Models with LODs and Optimized Shadows
Replies: 4
Views: 453

Hi! Thanks to everyone. (sorry, I'm not connected often as I live in a country which is at the beginning of Internet : Madagascar) I'll try the FreeFlightDesign forum next week. The model is about to be finalized, but without the shadow trick. I've done a scenery with LODs and custom shadows for ea...
by Weescotty
14 Sep 2009, 22:20

Yes I am, though I'm not entirely how to get them-anyone know how? If you look at the original extracted package. They should be in the main MSFS texture folder. Place them in the same one for FS2004 or FSX. I.e. not in the aircraft texture folder, but the games main texture folder. If that fails t...
by Weescotty
13 Sep 2009, 23:20

Seems you are missing the weapons texture for the Gripens and Hawks.
by Weescotty
12 Sep 2009, 16:01
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Looking for a Nasa repaint
Replies: 2
Views: 232

One model I don't think I did was the NASA ER-2.

Think I just forgot about it lol.

Just found out NASA also has two Global Hawks now!

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/dryden/mult ... index.html
by Weescotty
06 Sep 2009, 09:57
Topic: How do you export AI Models with LODs and Optimized Shadows
Replies: 4
Views: 453

I use FSDS and it automatically uses the a shadow based on the next LOD down for the current LOD.
I would hope that GMax does something similar.

You could try asking here
http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

Sorry can't be of more help.
by Weescotty
06 Sep 2009, 09:48
Topic: How well MAIW aircraft work in FSX
Replies: 19
Views: 648

You need imagetool. Available in the FS2004 Terrain SDK. ( http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10 ) Using that you can invert alpha channels without converting formats. To open the texture in Gimp you will first need to use imagetool to convert the texture to either a 32 bit...
by Weescotty
05 Sep 2009, 19:57

tango234 wrote:Oh, and I will look into the tornado as a priority. Could you just tell me who made it?
Fernando Martinez I believe.
by Weescotty
05 Sep 2009, 19:00

For props/rotors - Transparency was changed in FSX. Try inverting the alpha channel on the props bitmap. Other issue - Always thought that it was a problem with FSX that had been sorted in SP2 but re-appears in the acceleration pack? I seem to remember issues with FSX and things going invisible behi...
by Weescotty
18 Aug 2009, 17:49
Topic: Help regarding XML animation and keyframe speed
Replies: 3
Views: 355

Hello there Weescotty Thanx so much for your response, I really appreciate it. I did not know that the Lag was back to front, go figure why it appeared instantly lol I am learning all the way since this was my first modeling project but the next will go much smoother and with you guys here at the f...
by Weescotty
17 Aug 2009, 17:35
Topic: Help regarding XML animation and keyframe speed
Replies: 3
Views: 355

Unless there is real need to (intermediate keyframe) there is no need to animate in 10 degree steps. So remove all key frames and only animate the start and finish positions. 0 = inside 90 = outside The lag parameter sets how long the anim takes. If I remember the lower the lag, the longer it takes....
by Weescotty
08 Aug 2009, 08:41
Topic: Canopy and Windows
Replies: 1
Views: 345

Up to FS2004 you could 'colour' a part using a material only if you wanted to. With FSX all parts must have a texture or they will show up black. Alpha - can be used for either reflectivity or transparency. So its quite likely the areas you found are for glass (transparency). An alpha with a materia...
by Weescotty
07 Aug 2009, 20:36
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Benson
Replies: 14
Views: 872

Textures - Can be done in any size as long as they follow the multiply by 2 series - 256x256, 512x512, 1024x1024, 2048x2048 etc etc. Typically the smallest used is 64x64, anything less doesn't reduce the overal file size. The largest for AI tends to be 1024x1024. Textures are mapped to the model eit...