The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 107 matches

by Don H
12 Sep 2006, 02:21
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: I'm off!!!
Replies: 27
Views: 1034

God Bless and Stay safe, Nick. Be looking forward to your safe return and helpful knowledge.
by Don H
11 Sep 2006, 11:03
Topic: The last Tomcat trap and launch
Replies: 3
Views: 299

Good article on the last time the Tomcat was at sea. I was at the NAS Oceana Air Show yesterday and saw the F-14's fly thier last air show. I am going to miss the Tomcat. The Tomcat's flew in the morning as part of the Fleet Aircraft Fly-By and Fleet Air Power Demonstration. The formation included ...
by Don H
11 Sep 2006, 00:40
Topic: The last Tomcat trap and launch
Replies: 3
Views: 299

The last Tomcat trap and launch

An interesting photo and vocal story about the Last Tomcat Trap and Launch in the US Navy. Good bye to a great bird.

http://www.navytimes.com:80/static.php? ... 080206.php
by Don H
09 Sep 2006, 03:43
Topic: US Tanker and Transport relocations.
Replies: 7
Views: 454

Not making us old TAC boys very happy, either, lol.
by Don H
19 Aug 2006, 14:45
Topic: F-15 vs F-5
Replies: 33
Views: 1541

Having been lucky enough to visit the Red Flag building at Nellis, I can tell you that the F-15 can be very vunerable in a close-in fight with a smaller aircraft. I was TDY (temporary duty) to Nellis when I was stationed at Hill AFB, Utah. A few of us enlisted maintainers got invited to the Red Fla...
by Don H
17 Aug 2006, 11:25
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Rhino
Replies: 79
Views: 7129

Actually thas not completely true....There's a guy that lives up in New England area that had and may still have a personal Mig 21 and there is a highly popular Airshow team that flies around in F-104s and there are tons of civilian owned L-39s flying around now... so anything is possible http://ww...
by Don H
17 Aug 2006, 02:04
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Rhino
Replies: 79
Views: 7129

WOW! Those look great Fernando! Who still uses the F-4 in the world, I know RAF but the only other countrys that I knew used them is USA, Isreal, and Germany but I dont know who got rid of them except for the US (although they still use them as targets) I dont do vintage AI but Id hate to see those...