The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 165 matches

by Dinga69
04 Mar 2013, 09:53
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: AI Aircraft Editor - planned update
Replies: 264
Views: 14270

Re: AI Aircraft Editor - planned update

Another one for you Martin :( Occaisionally getting a runtime error 384 (A form can't be moved or sized while minimized or maximized) when carrying out a validate operation. Click OK to acknowledge and CTD! Workround for me just now is to carry out a validation with window unmaximized.
by Dinga69
03 Mar 2013, 16:44

Firstly - thanks for the 1024x768 fix - it really looks fine and everything is clear to see. Not cluttered at all! I like the new 'undocummented' feature too! Personally, I think it is worth leaving in as you can quickly check a paint against a preview. What I would like to see from this feature if ...
by Dinga69
01 Mar 2013, 16:32

It's tucked away on AIG forums in the general discussion area - http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index ... ic=12616.0

Neat little tool!!
by Dinga69
01 Mar 2013, 16:15
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: 100 Squadron Canberras RAF Wyton
Replies: 20
Views: 1510

Re: 100 Squadron Canberras RAF Wyton

No problems at all - I hate pointing little errors out, as my own painting skills are limited to a bit of cut and paste at the moment(Maybe a little more than this, but not much!!). It's like correcting a foreigners English when you can't speak their language!! Thanks again!!
by Dinga69
01 Mar 2013, 16:09

Will the Model/Texture analysis be something similar to the Erez Werber standalone program? If it is a natural progression of this neat little tool, will you be adding the option to ignore certain errors - or working from a dayabase of your own installed models? This is certainly turning into a Swis...
by Dinga69
28 Feb 2013, 22:10
Topic: 100 Squadron Canberras RAF Wyton
Replies: 20
Views: 1510

Re: 100 Squadron Canberras RAF Wyton

Lovely - thanks for these!! I've noticed a small bug in a couple of the 100 Sqn TT18s in that it looks as though the paintkit has 'slipped starboard' about 12 pixels, resulting in a few black patches on the aircraft that shouldn't be there. Hope you don't mind me pointing it out
by Dinga69
28 Feb 2013, 17:42

Aha! Now I understand - I did experiment with setting my desktop at 1280x1024, but everything is minute, so I adjusted icon sizes, dpi settings etc and just couldn't get a happy medium otherwise I'd stick with it. I do run FS9 at the higher resolution though! Thanks again!! :D
by Dinga69
27 Feb 2013, 21:37

Thanks Martin!! - thought you'd forgot me :cry: I did some more experimenting with Windows and could not solve it. I do have some custom .dll files in my OS (shell32.dll being the main one), but these are only graphical tweaks succh as icons and ani's so I can't see these causing the issue as I patc...
by Dinga69
17 Feb 2013, 08:31

Hi Martin As I suspected, after updating the drivers (nVidia 285.58 to 307.74) I noticed a change. At 1280x1024 the whole window is now visible. However as soon as I drop down to 1024x768 the same isue. Any ideas other than swapping resolutions just for one program? Cheers, Dinga Idea - Would it be ...
by Dinga69
16 Feb 2013, 20:42

Hi Martin Tried autohiding taskbar - same issue. As you can see from my screenie, my XP is quite customized, so I knocked out all the bells and whistles, set a very basic default theme and still the same issue. I'm thinking is maybe a graphics card driver problem - I'm using quite an old driver(18 m...
by Dinga69
16 Feb 2013, 17:52

As already stated in my previous post, this is with 1024x768(My native desktop resolution) I also upped the screen res and had the same issue.
by Dinga69
16 Feb 2013, 15:35

Already tried that - here's a picture of the maximized window so you can see what I mean. Also checkout the atc_parking_types dropdown. This is not a biggie as it resets when you select the dropdown menu.

Cheers
Dinga
by Dinga69
16 Feb 2013, 11:08

Ok - couple of possible bugs to report. Or maybe my system!! Firstly - With the increased size - the program screen appears too big for my monitor, meaning maybe about 10-15% of the right hand side of the program screen is chopped off!(And possibly the bottom too - confirmed) With a resizeable windo...
by Dinga69
13 Feb 2013, 12:37

Just a quick word to say thank you very much for this excellent program. Just recently I manually edited my aircraft config files for better optimization. I have used your program since doing this and it makes this tedious job a breeze. The ability to remove unwanted keys and re-order the entries is...
by Dinga69
21 Dec 2012, 16:29
Forum: MKAI
Topic: MKAI_C-27J
Replies: 55
Views: 9846

Re: MKAI_C-27J

Thanks Miljan - All I can make out on Google Earth/Bing Maps are the Antonovs and Hercs, but makes sense that they would park here too.
by Dinga69
21 Dec 2012, 13:21
Forum: MKAI
Topic: MKAI_C-27J
Replies: 55
Views: 9846

Re: MKAI_C-27J

Thanks very much for these. Has anyone any idea where the Romanian ones park at LROP - Henri Coanda? I have your earlier Romanian package working fine from here with a few minor tweaks to the AFCAD I use. For those interested, here's a link to a cracking version of of this joint mil/civ airport: htt...
by Dinga69
01 Aug 2012, 22:47
Topic: Victors and Canberra (Marham)
Replies: 167
Views: 9397

Re: Victors and Canberra (Marham)

Speaking only of Hawk ops, the target is all connected up to the aircraft prior to the aircraft throttling up for take off. The whole procedure on the ground is quite dangerous too!! The procedure for laying out the target is:- 1. The vehicle carrying rolled up banners enters the active and two guys...
by Dinga69
01 Aug 2012, 12:55

IF the system used is the same as we used on the Hawk, the banner is laid on the left hand side of the runway, with the rope, strop and cables laid out doubled up, looking like a compressed giant 's' shape from above, with the strop at the banner end and the cable attached to the aircraft on the por...
by Dinga69
01 Aug 2012, 08:11

John If you are interested - I'll nip across the aircrew history room next week and see if I can find some photo's from Akrotiri, but I'm not sure what's there. As for the AP (Air Publication), my mate who's on hol at the mo will know the whereabouts of it if I can't find it tonight on night shift. ...
by Dinga69
31 Jul 2012, 22:40

I have been working on 100 Squadron for the last 17 years, and in this time, done a fair bit of 'bannering' with the Hawk in the UK and Akrotiri. Just a couple of points, The target itself is made of a thick mesh material and can confirm it is an offwhite colour with black painted markings. Now, hav...