The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 165 matches

by Dinga69
14 Aug 2013, 17:28
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: RAF Coningsby 2013 Support Thread
Replies: 46
Views: 4388

Re: RAF Coningsby 2013 Support Thread

OK, tested as suggested and works like a charm - there is obviously still a mismatch as Ian's textures are newer than my older ones, but it's further out of the airfield boundaries so is less noticeable unless you really look for it. I may have a bash at blending them in with some alpha masks at som...
by Dinga69
14 Aug 2013, 15:53

Cheers Ian - that answers my questions perfectly!! I was just doing some experiments including stitching all your tiles together in PSP and came to the conclusion that the VFR tiles were interfering in some way as if you look closely at my pic, you can see where the VFR takes over from your tiles (t...
by Dinga69
13 Aug 2013, 21:46

Yeah, everything's where it should be within FS9 - the commercial VFR tiles are in an 'all-in-one' folder on a separate partition, but rest assured, I won't just overwrite stuff willy nilly(been there before!!) I understand the rules for support here, and, as I've got a lot of scenery going on, am 1...
by Dinga69
13 Aug 2013, 21:34

It does look as if everything lines up perfectly with the VFR photo tiles, just different saturation level. I am holding off overwriting for now as I really would be interested to know what is causing this. Thanks for the suggestion Steve, if no-one identifies the actual issue(me included), I'll tak...
by Dinga69
13 Aug 2013, 17:29

This one's got me scratching my head. For a bit of background info I use VFR Photo Scenery and VFR Terrain England and Wales, which are way down in the scenery list. With Conningsby at the top or anywhere else, only part of the photo tiles are showing, with the VFR photo scenery lining up perfectly....
by Dinga69
13 Aug 2013, 17:16
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Birthday Thanks
Replies: 15
Views: 784

Re: Birthday Thanks

Big thanks from me too - here's to the next however many years!! Have a beer - you've all deserved it!!
by Dinga69
10 Aug 2013, 20:34
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: New Package: RAF Coningsby 2013
Replies: 7
Views: 1015

Re: New Package: RAF Coningsby 2013

Massive thanks for this - been waiting a long time to see the FS9 Big C conversion - I know it'll be worth the wait. Cheers guys!!!!
by Dinga69
05 Aug 2013, 07:50
Forum: General Projects
Topic: FMAI BAe 146 CC2 & C3
Replies: 19
Views: 1225

Re: FMAI BAe 146 CC2 & C3

Looks very good Daryl!! You know there is a new BAe model from UTT due out - from the previews on AIG it looks great, but who knows how long it will be. Am on holiday just now, but will be sure to test these out when I get home. have you seen the two that are based at Boscombe?? Similar livery to th...
by Dinga69
23 Jul 2013, 22:45
Topic: 45(R) Sqn, RAF Cranwell
Replies: 12
Views: 890

Re: 45(R) Sqn, RAF Cranwell

Few bugfixes, and alpha toned down as recommended - up on Avsim:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?Ca ... LID=178463
by Dinga69
23 Jul 2013, 21:15
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: RIAT Phantom
Replies: 16
Views: 1203

Re: RIAT Phantom

And looked at Rachel pics instead!! :lol:
by Dinga69
23 Jul 2013, 21:15

Rachel Riley/Suzi Perry? Ah decisions decisions! Did you see the RAF news photos of Suzi in the Typhoon to open RIAT-very nice! Back on topic - a Google image search shows both with Welsh flags - I did have a look at this as part of the Challenge then gave up :wink:
by Dinga69
22 Jul 2013, 21:34

I don't know - but bring on Rachel Riley :lol:
by Dinga69
21 Jul 2013, 20:08

Daryl that is horrendous - the worst paintjob I've ever seen!! Told you I could take criticism :lol: It's my favourite Phantom and you've reakky done it justice - well done mate! Excellent job!!
by Dinga69
21 Jul 2013, 10:15

Have done that and have to say looks better - I've darkened it for the chrome bits and bobs. The rivets and panel lines are all there, just really light as they're hardly visible on HiRes photo's of the real thing too. I'll check it all out in the sim later as FS repaint sometimes is too bright, des...
by Dinga69
20 Jul 2013, 22:09

Thanks very much Daryl - will credit you in the readme!! All I've done is change the aircraft names and the reg's in the plan.Will try toning it down a bit, do I go darker or lighter with the grey? I assume lighter, as an all white alpha gives no gloss. I could've lied, and said it was a concourse m...
by Dinga69
20 Jul 2013, 20:34

Think all done unless anyone can spot any glaring mistakes - i've been back to the drawing board a couple of times with this one!! There's a couple of specials in here - nothing extreme, just stickers, but enough to give a little variety. Took Daryl's advice and added the shadows after a bit of twea...
by Dinga69
20 Jul 2013, 09:22
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: Bae Hawk Solo Display Schemes
Replies: 67
Views: 3295

Re: Bae Hawk Solo Display Schemes

What a cracking collection of Hawks you've made there mate - and don't be sad, the T1a's are around for a few more years yet!! And if you really want to paint more specials, 100 Sqn have had a couple more over the years, not forgetting 19 Sqn's Anni jets too. I've really enjoyed following this threa...
by Dinga69
18 Jul 2013, 04:46

HTAI paintkits here: http://htai-models.com/downloads.html

John's B200 model available in the AI section of ACG (Airfield Construction Group) forums
by Dinga69
17 Jul 2013, 21:58

Thanks Daryl, will do some experimenting - got a couple of base layer paints made c/w serials and names - ready for layering with details and shadows. The details need bits and bobs chopped and moved, but noy much. They're starting to look the part. I do like the GT colour scheme!!
by Dinga69
17 Jul 2013, 20:12

Cheers for that Stewart - I use a different source (On Dutch Wings; Daryl kindly nudged me that way ), but the more sources the better! I try to check each serial against a recent search on Flickr as so many enthusiasts post their pictures there. Each aircraft seems to have a name too, so these will...