The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 270 matches

by Ripcord
17 Sep 2012, 12:58
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Whidbey Island and / or EA-6B Prowlers
Replies: 18
Views: 1539

Re: Whidbey Island and / or EA-6B Prowlers

lewis wrote:Why Virtavia, why not this. Only need to convince Jake to complete it. :mrgreen:
OK, then I couldn't agree more!! I was not aware of this!

I did just note that the Virtavia site is back up and the EA-6B is still payware, so clearly that isn't happening.
by Ripcord
14 Sep 2012, 13:22
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Whidbey Island and / or EA-6B Prowlers
Replies: 18
Views: 1539

Re: Whidbey Island and / or EA-6B Prowlers

I apologize (sorta) for digging up an old thread here, but I also would like to see an EA-6B package. Rather than do our own model, why not do a series of repaints of the Alphasim/virtavia EA-6B? Still a lot of repaint work I realize, but since there just aren't that many of them left (and a regular...
by Ripcord
10 Jun 2012, 18:23
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: Support archive for MAIW Packages in FSX
Replies: 306
Views: 51324

Re: Support for MAIW Packages in FSX

Part of my problem was that I had changed my scenery settings in FSX somehow -- either I reduced the autogen too low or reduced detail or something. Now I changed it back, evidently, and there are my old default FSX hangars back on my tarmacs again. I checked this out for KNGP, KNFW and KNBG.
by Ripcord
09 Jun 2012, 19:30

Thank you again for your responses -- I will keep experimenting further and I'll try not to abuse your patience and good will.

I'll definately search for KTCM scenery by John S -- big fan of his work.
by Ripcord
09 Jun 2012, 12:54

One thing about our packages. A decision was taken right at the beginning of the org was not to supply afcads for each place aircraft from a package as it would take too long to create packages. By the same token we don't have scenery upgrades for all the places that our aircraft use. KNFW is a cas...
by Ripcord
09 Jun 2012, 12:27

OK this does help. So if the location is not featured, like KNFW, then there is no bgl with hangars/buildings, etc. So maybe I can rule out a few of these locations just due to the fact that there isn't supposed to be anything there. Secondly, I am going to begin systematically 'uncombining' some of...
by Ripcord
08 Jun 2012, 20:54

Gents, I am hoping this might be an easy one, but it is eluding me. I have a number of bases where there are no buildings. Navy/USMC Bases -- KNTU, KNFW, KNGP, KNKX, KNQX, KNSE, KNBG & KNIP. I was unable to locate any placement files or object files or anything in the download packages. I have b...
by Ripcord
08 Jun 2012, 11:31

Hello Yeah most packages can be fixed up easy. Just need to ensure the guys make their models FSX compatible. Some of the A/C act strange in FSX, airbreak on take off, Apache's LOD not correct etc. Hopefully one day they will go and fix em up. I have had no problem at all with their AI aircraft, ac...
by Ripcord
08 Jun 2012, 03:23

Let me add here that I have pretty much all the MAIW packages installed and working in FSX. Martin's installation manual helped sort out a lot of mistakes I was making -- the more I went thru that manual the more problems I discovered, but most of it was just duplicated AFCADs, missing textures, and...
by Ripcord
08 Jun 2012, 02:41

Thank you, Brillant, that fixed the Apaches any ideas on the F15's? Is the a hidden AFCAD for EGVP apart from MAIW_AF2_EGVP_DEFAULT.BGL what could be set at a different height causeing the underground Apaches ? I have tried using Airport Scanner but that found nothing. Dave I also have been wrestli...