The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 113 matches

by hobby
01 Apr 2019, 17:56
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: AI Flightplanning
Replies: 8
Views: 655

Re: AI Flightplanning

Thanks for your help Firebird. I have been experimenting and I found that it is not always possible to add AI traffic to third party scenery which already has AI traffic - this could be me making an error while trying to learn how to operate AIFPv3. I think that I have successfully produced a flight...
by hobby
29 Mar 2019, 22:15
Topic: AI Flightplanning
Views: 655

AI Flightplanning

Many years ago I produced quite a number of successful AI flightplans using the excellent FS9 program Ttools. Having very belatedly moved over to FSX I am now trying to use AIFP v3. The plan I am using to familiarise myself with AIFP involves a Canberra starting the day with T&Gs at base and whe...
by hobby
19 Jan 2019, 15:24
Topic: FSX SDK
Views: 705

Re: FSX SDK

I've had no joy trying to install the FSXSDK. I sat for 25 minutes listening to the FSX Gold Disk 1 clatter round while the green band extended in pulses without presenting me with the hoped for SDK.exe! I did study the fsdeveloper page prior to inserting the disk, their instruction were quite clear...
by hobby
18 Jan 2019, 15:40
Topic: FSX SDK
Views: 705

FSX SDK

I have FSX Gold edition working on my computer and also ADE 1.75 ans AIFPv3. I should like to: a) Make up some of my own AI flightplans for John's Lancasters and Canberras b) Edit the parking on some of my Addon Airfields Some years ago I had everything working well on FS9 but then MS force fed me W...
by hobby
13 Jan 2019, 11:23
Topic: The Twins AI traffic help
Replies: 60
Views: 1898

Re: The Twins AI traffic help

I'll leave well alone at present.
by hobby
12 Jan 2019, 22:07

Re: The Twins AI traffic help

John: Thanks for your help. Still finding my way round AIFP - excellent program. I had to insert EGVJ & EGVG into the AIFP database before I could read the 'Timetable' section for those airfields. I was then able to check the 'Timetable' facility as you suggested and all is now working as origin...
by hobby
11 Jan 2019, 17:41

The Twins AI traffic help

I have installed Bentwaters and Woodbridge together with their aircraft - all the aircraft can be seen but I have no AI traffic. I have tried to convert the Ttools text flightplans from Ttools format to FSX.bgls using the latest version of AIFP. Sadly Uncle Sam's AF seems to have overslept for there...
by hobby
11 Dec 2018, 22:15
Topic: Lakenheath EGUL
Replies: 72
Views: 2911

Re: Lakenheath EGUL

Many thanks to both John and Firebird for the hours spent solving this problem. I now have all of Zolt's repainted F15s (82) installed together with his traffic file. Traffic at EGUL is interesting. Just to round things off, by renaming the trafficAircraft.bgl (to be found in FSX\Scenery\World\Scene...
by hobby
11 Dec 2018, 14:07

"AI won't show" in Support Forum, John that's a splendid proposal.
by hobby
11 Dec 2018, 11:13

I am using FSX Gold edition. I confirm that ACA 2017 was in FSX Mode. Normally my traffic sliders are set at; Airline Traffic Density 100% and General Aviation Traffic Density (GATD) at 0%. This is because I have that excellent program UTLive which provides excellent world wide civilian airline traf...
by hobby
10 Dec 2018, 17:52

John: I downloaded your scenery as requested above and loaded it into my fsx addon scenery having first disabled my own version of Lakenheath v2. No f15s seen at different times of the day but the helicopters are there and I did notice that a Typhoon was parked on one of the large rectangular parkin...
by hobby
10 Dec 2018, 14:52

One of my messages to the forum seems to have gone missing; earlier today I sent Firebird one acft cfg plus the screenshot of the AIFP scan he requested to his PM address.

Also the F-15 installation on my current Sim Objects\Airplanes looks exactly like John's screenshot above.
by hobby
09 Dec 2018, 21:37

Will return to this problem tomorrow.
by hobby
09 Dec 2018, 21:36

Firebird; Please see PMs for relevant PDF.
by hobby
09 Dec 2018, 21:27

John for acft cfg please see your PMs.
by hobby
09 Dec 2018, 15:09

15:01 hrs. Just completed the ACA 2017 scan and apparently "a/c in flight plan are not present." I'm puzzled by that entry, all the F15s seem to be in the right place (SimObjects\ aircraft). What can be wrong? Must be something very simple staring me in the face yet I cannot see for lookin...
by hobby
09 Dec 2018, 12:29

I took the Pave hawks out in order to start with a clean sheet for EGUL. At 12:06 Hrs. I made a copy of my FSX scenery cfg, found in C:\Program Data\MS\FSX and put it in a separate folder named current FSX scenery cfg on my desktop. I then deleted the existing scenery cfg from C:\Program Data locati...
by hobby
09 Dec 2018, 11:55

11:52 Hours. No aircraft to be seen in the central area at this time. I'll just do a new FSX scenery cfg and then recheck this area. If no aircraft appear I'll install ACA 2017 and see what results can be obtained.
by hobby
08 Dec 2018, 18:39

I have spent an hour searching my computer for a duplicate EGUL_AF2 or AFX - I cannot find any duplicates. If I go to the FSX Scenery file in my C Drive (My FSX program is installed on my D drive) and delete the existing FSX scenery cfg will FSX write a new FSX scenery cfg on restart? In other words...
by hobby
07 Dec 2018, 22:15

When Traffic file opened all entries are in black. First aircraft in list is 15001 - JYAI_F-15C standard load; Parking radius 7m/23ft.

Opened FSX no aircraft to be seen at Lakenheath.