The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 113 matches

by hobby
29 Jul 2018, 14:53
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: FSX Osprey traffic Mildenhall v2
Replies: 10
Views: 1066

Re: FSX Osprey traffic Mildenhall v2

Thanks for your reply John. I checked the EGUN Osprey acft.cfg to ensure that only the "long roll" AIR file was present as it should be but I did not then re-instate the vertical take off AIR file. Just an hour ago I checked the EGUN traffic files in the FSX scenery\world\scenery and found...
by hobby
29 Jul 2018, 13:27

As an experiment I installed the scenery and traffic files for the Ospreys operating from Yuma. Success! Those Ospreys were parked where they should be in FSX and eventually the Osprey traffic was seen taxying and taking off. Whilst successful the Yuma exercise is of limited use as I confine my flyi...
by hobby
29 Jul 2018, 10:44

Mildenhall V2 contains AF2_EGY5 and AF2_EGY8. Should these files be deleted? If not where should they reside?
by hobby
28 Jul 2018, 19:38

I should have stated that I am now using FSX. Today I have edited my profile to indicate my current flight sim program.
by hobby
28 Jul 2018, 16:40

I have uninstalled and then re-installed Mildenhall v2 scenery. I have applied the two traffic files from John Young's Osprey file and removed the original afd parking file replacing it with John Young's afx file. The C130 and tanker traffic and aircraft appear and operate as expected but no Ospreys...
by hobby
25 Jul 2018, 10:50

FSX Osprey traffic Mildenhall v2

Returning after a long absence I was delighted to see that John Young had produced a wonderful set of Ospreys for FSX using Mildenhall V2.

I am probably doing something wrong but I just cannot get the Ospreys to appear.

Can someone please assist me?
by hobby
01 Sep 2016, 15:47
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JY Osprey at Mildenhall v2 in FSX
Views: 1560

Re: JY Osprey at Mildenhall v2 in FSX

Perseverence pays off! After John's last message I had another look in my FSX Scenery/World/Scenery file and found three FS9 traffic files not actually labelled Traffic Monarch etc. Having deleted those I re-installed the USAF Ospreys and Mildenhall v2 changing the parking file and the Traffic files...
by hobby
31 Aug 2016, 14:31

Thank you for your help gentlemen. I am pleased that UltimateTraffic 2 has been proven not to affect MAIW traffic. During the past two days I have noted all of the helpful suggestions regarding EGUNv2 plus the USAF Ospreys. I have uninstalled and re-installed the USAF Ospreys plus the Mildenhallv2 s...
by hobby
29 Aug 2016, 15:09

Thanks for the pointer John. I have searched the FSX Scenery/World/Scenery for errant FS9 traffic files and drawn a blank. I have checked my installation of all the Mildenhall v2 files and the Osprey files - all seems to be in order. I do use Ultimate Traffic2 which has AI airliners flying to timeta...
by hobby
28 Aug 2016, 14:40

JY Osprey at Mildenhall v2 in FSX

I have put all the scenery, AFCAD and traffic files in the recommended places but I see no Mildenhall traffic whatsoever! It may be that I have missed out on the basic FSX AI key presses. Can anyone suggest corrective action to be taken to make John Young's FSX traffic files for the Osprey function ...
by hobby
09 Jun 2016, 11:03
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: FS Global What A Mess
Replies: 4
Views: 594

Re: FS Global What A Mess

I had the same problem and took the same action. It is a tedious task finding the remnants of a deleted ORBX set of sceneries. I was very disappointed having watched several favourable review videos about ORBX which persuaded me to buy some of the scenery. I then found it just did not suit my requir...
by hobby
19 Oct 2015, 13:12
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Airfield change needed
Replies: 3
Views: 398

Re: Airfield change needed

At present I am re-installing my FS9 MAIW Italian Air Force. I shall return to the repositioning of other units at the end of this week.
by hobby
16 Oct 2015, 11:58
Topic: Airfield change needed
Replies: 3
Views: 398

Airfield change needed

I am rebuilding my FS9 setup and have just installed French Mirage 2000 Pt1. I see from the forum that EC.01.002 has moved from LFSD to LFSX. Can a forum member please tell me how I should alter the Traffic file to moved this unit to LFSX? I do have ttools but I do not know how to dissemble the Traf...
by hobby
12 Oct 2015, 13:14
Topic: RAF C17 Globemaster?
Replies: 16
Views: 703

Re: RAF C17 Globemaster?

For JohnTenn: Thanks I shall give your scenery a try.

For TheFoufure: I am concentrating on rebuilding my Fs9 setup so I shall have to postpone learning the ADE program for a couple of weeks. Thanks for your suggestion.
by hobby
11 Oct 2015, 21:29

I have installed the East Coast C17 package and then added the RAF textures. I spent the whole day today redesigning the EGVN Afcad to accommodate the aircraft flying from there now (Oct. 2015). The numbers of acft could not all be accommodated and while the Voyager, C17, Atlas and Hercules all appe...
by hobby
10 Oct 2015, 21:26

Unable to find FS9 PAI acft. Link from Owl's Nest ends up at a website for sale notice! I have downloaded the PAI C17 in its FS2002 version to find that it is a completely flyable acft with full panel!! Seems to be fully operational in FS9 as a flyer.
by hobby
10 Oct 2015, 18:52

RAF C17 Globemaster?

I am re-building my FS9 setup and I need an RAF C17 AI acft. Would a forum member please recommend a suitable AI model? One or two second choices are: Using the venerable Mike Stone's C17 or the PAI C17 by Owen Hewitt - both of the latter acft are flyable and may not be suitable for AI work. There d...
by hobby
28 Sep 2015, 15:43
Forum: MAIW Website/Forum Support
Topic: RAF Mildenhall Download
Replies: 6
Views: 1352

Re: RAF Mildenhall Download

Thanks for your answer Mike JG.
by hobby
27 Sep 2015, 18:34
Forum: MAIW Website/Forum Support
Topic: RAF Mildenhall Download
Replies: 6
Views: 1352

RAF Mildenhall Download

Hi, I am rebuilding my scenery library after my last computer died and I have just tried to download "RAF Mildenhall" from the download hangar. I was surprised to be greeted with the message "You are not authorised to download this scenery". Been a member for some years so I am s...
by hobby
22 Jun 2015, 20:46
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Green to go!
Replies: 0
Views: 359

Green to go!

When flying WW2 military aircraft I have often wished that there was a way in FS9 when one's aircraft is lined up for take off to arrange for a runway control van to show a green light as an executive signal to take off. A red would be handy for signalling runway not clear for your take off. Is any ...