The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 403 matches

by flyerkg
25 Oct 2008, 07:34
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Your favorite flyable military planes?
Replies: 41
Views: 1707

I'm glad to see a fan of the Starlifter or sometimes referred to as "StarLizard" My best memory of the C-141 was getting the Henry Tomkiewicz AI downloads and worst memory was a Space-A flight from Dover to Travis.
by flyerkg
24 Oct 2008, 01:30

Yep, I had the Cloud 9 F-4 and it was one of the jets that I would mostly look at and listen to while sitting on the ramp or just in the pattern.
by flyerkg
23 Oct 2008, 03:52

I left out my F-16C and D by Kirk Olsson and F-16 by Lago. I will probably soon acquire the new Aerosoft F-16 for FSX. I'm hoping to one day get the F/A-18E being developed by Vertical Reality. Sad but true, most of these I have bought and installed and only run up the engines and look at them from ...
by flyerkg
23 Oct 2008, 03:34
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Travis AFB
Replies: 39
Views: 2067

Yep, you have this summed up well. I could possibly flight plan AI to a waypoint that favors final approach to the desired runway first and trick AI to land where I want it to. This might not work on the reciprocal headings though.
by flyerkg
22 Oct 2008, 06:59

I've done a few crazy things with AFCADs to get variable conditions that you will only see in real-life that Flight Sim will not allow. But you do have a good point on plumbing specific parking spots. I might tinker with it again.
Thanks!
by flyerkg
22 Oct 2008, 04:41

It was a challenge trying to justify mine since I've only flown 2 of these in real life. These are all payware except the default JetRanger and the Super Hornets. Mine are: T-37B by Project Sierra Hotel AH-1W Super Cobra by AlphaSim V-22 Osprey by AlphaSim CH-46E Sea Knight by AlphaSim AV-8B Harrier...
by flyerkg
22 Oct 2008, 04:09

This looks great. I'll always have memories of Travis too. I'll never forget Aug 1990 during the Air Expo C-5s were launching to deploy to Operation Desert Shield right in the middle of the airshow! The announcer identified that we would still see a C-5 demo further in the show. By the way has anyon...
by flyerkg
16 Oct 2008, 04:01
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: El Centro question
Replies: 4
Views: 205

I think several posts back in August on El Centro might help you. There was also some discussions in January. Try the search tool here and type El Centro or KNJK and see if any of the previous issues might help. I made a bunch of AI flight plans from MCAS Miramar to El Centro a long time ago but I n...
by flyerkg
25 Sep 2008, 04:01
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: 1-130th Attack Helicopter Battalion package by MAIW
Views: 4364

Outstanding work! I am indeed very satisfied with this new addition. This will change my focus on where I fly and what I fly now. Thank you!
by flyerkg
04 Sep 2008, 02:46
Topic: NBAI Apache Preview Video
Replies: 21
Views: 1124

Hi,

Couldn't you alias the other turboprop sounds to an empty sound folder and just go without sound to the other turboprops as a give/take trade-off?
by flyerkg
03 Sep 2008, 02:23
Topic: NBAI Apache Preview Video
Replies: 21
Views: 1124

The video makes my mouth water and puts a chill down my spine!
Can't wait! :smt119
by flyerkg
21 Aug 2008, 02:45
Topic: Getting rid of Statics at LAGO PHNL?
Replies: 8
Views: 306

I created a couple of exclude squares to get rid of the 2-D F-15s a while back. You can probably find a scenery design tool that will allow you to create excludes.

Keith
by flyerkg
14 Aug 2008, 07:28
Topic: MCBH Kaneohe Bay by MAIW Versions 1 and 2 only
Replies: 90
Views: 7604

I previously had my custom 2-part AFCADs aligned with Mega Scenery and now I will need to re-do my Ch-53 parking area which partially appear under one of the hangars. I believe I can make some of these fixes work.
by flyerkg
13 Aug 2008, 06:14
Topic: YUMA HARRIERS
Replies: 43
Views: 2242

No heat here on my end of things :D
by flyerkg
11 Aug 2008, 17:37
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: making flyable into ai
Views: 473

Glad you were able to find the program. I did find it on AVSIM before making the post here. Sorry it did't show up for you. I don't have the knowledge to go into details on LODs but I know it is a significant part of what the plane does to your performance. Good Luck!

Keith
by flyerkg
11 Aug 2008, 04:27
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: making flyable into ai
Views: 473

Hi, Try this program found on Avsim.com ga-traffic_setup.zip I've used it and it has a module that reduces the texture files of the aircraft you select to make AI. Then after it runs you will find a new aircraft folder for the aircraft you converted. The folder will be labeled GA-AI and the rest of ...
by flyerkg
09 Aug 2008, 16:33
Topic: MCAS Yuma Harriers by MAIW
Replies: 50
Views: 4963

I just made a visit to Airnav.com to look up info on MCAS Yuma and discovered that ICAO changed from KYUM to KNYL. http://www.airnav.com/airport/KNYL This KNYL had always been in parenthesis under the KYUM designator when found in older published approach charts. Hence the reason why my older downlo...
by flyerkg
09 Aug 2008, 16:11

Mike,

It's great to hear of the potential for F-5s and F/A-18s. And one of the good thing about the Flightsim world is can station your AI planes anywhere you want!

Keith
by flyerkg
09 Aug 2008, 02:47

I hate to argue the point, but can you tell me which Hornet Squadrons are permanently stationed at Yuma??? All the MAG 13 squadrons are VMA not VMFA. VMFT-401 are F-5s Maybe you are seeing Detachments from Miramar?

Keith
by flyerkg
08 Aug 2008, 04:50
Topic: MCAS Cherry Point Harriers package by MAIW
Replies: 7
Views: 816

Yes!!!

Another chance to replace non-AI jets from my bases with real AI jets!

You guys are great!