The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 180 matches

by pslinger
04 Apr 2022, 23:25
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI FSX F-15s for FSX Lakenheath (ACG)
Replies: 98
Views: 12017

Re: JYAI FSX F-15s for FSX Lakenheath (ACG)

Thanks John, I changed the fx file name in the aircraft.cfg file to match the fx file name in the .zip you posted and I now have an afterburner effect.

Paul
by pslinger
03 Apr 2022, 23:35

John,thanks you for the the files, I appreciate it. I'm still a bit confused. I wasn't seeing any afterburner effect from the JYAI - F-15E 494FS Lakenheath aircraft. I went to the [Lights] section of the Aircraft.cfg file and there are two lines for an optional line for extended afterburner effect: ...
by pslinger
03 Apr 2022, 14:56

I am trying to locate the fx_JYAI_F15_ab Effect and the associated texture file(s). I have looked everywhere and haven't located this file or the fx_JYAI_F15_ab_extended_JY. Which download includes these effects files? Thanks.

Paul
by pslinger
30 Mar 2022, 23:03
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Soesterberg Airbase
Replies: 3
Views: 654

Re: Soesterberg Airbase

Thanks Jim, I'll give it a try. I assume that v4 and v5 are similar. Appreciate the help.

Paul
by pslinger
29 Mar 2022, 23:40
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Soesterberg Airbase
Replies: 3
Views: 654

Re: Soesterberg Airbase

I realize that this thread is quite old, thought I would give it a try anyway. I have NL2000 v4 installed in FSX. I would like to removed the static aircraft that are in-place around the airfield and add parking spots. For those that have the NL2000 scenery installed, how do I delete the static airc...
by pslinger
24 Mar 2022, 02:13
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: FSX Brize Norton Scenery
Replies: 20
Views: 1206

Re: FSX Brize Norton Scenery

I got it to work!!!! I now have Brize Norton in FSX and it looks like the picture that Tim posted. Following the advice in the earlier posts I re-installed FSX SDK and made sure everything was pointing to the correct location. I also installed ModelConverter 1.5, I had a much earlier version install...
by pslinger
22 Mar 2022, 23:12

Thanks for all the help and guidance. As an FYI, I have FSX Deluxe SP2 installed. First, I need to confirm that I have everything set-up the way you indicated. I did "play around" with the Brize P3D scenery mentioned above and did get the structures to display, but no textures, just a blac...
by pslinger
22 Mar 2022, 15:21

Is there a book Model Converter X for Dummies? It looks like I could use it. This is where my problems begin. As an example, i tried importing a .bgl file using the Import tab in MCX and I receive the following messages: ModelConverterX Error while loading modeldef .xml file BGL9Reader This BGL file...
by pslinger
21 Mar 2022, 23:13

Thanks Tim appreciate the help. Is there a good place to learn the basics of MCX? I have looked through the manual and get lost at times in the terminology. I would be starting from scratch, I know absolutely nothing about scenery design. The things I have done with AFCAD and ADE have been by trial ...
by pslinger
21 Mar 2022, 20:36

I am trying to find a Brize Norton scenery for FSX. I have done some looking around with no success. I tried searching for the file mentioned in the initial post. if anyone has some suggestions or can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Paul
by pslinger
23 Feb 2022, 23:09
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: NASA aircraft
Replies: 52
Views: 3643

Re: NASA aircraft

I have everything, models and textures, with the exception of JKAI_T-38_Nasa.part2.rar. and the flightplans for the F-18A-B.

Paul
by pslinger
20 Feb 2022, 00:12
Topic: NASA aircraft
Replies: 52
Views: 3643

Re: NASA aircraft

Hi Alex,
I have everything you are looking for with the exception of JKAI_T-38_Nasa.part2.rar. If you would PM me your email address, i would be glad to send the files I have your way.

Paul
by pslinger
30 Dec 2021, 23:54
Topic: RAF A330 BoJo Force One
Replies: 15
Views: 2659

Re: RAF A330 BoJo Force One

Got it, thanks for the help.
by pslinger
29 Dec 2021, 23:09
Topic: RAF A330 BoJo Force One
Replies: 15
Views: 2659

Re: RAF A330 BoJo Force One

A quick question, is there a flight plan already developed for ZZ336? If not how can I determine where this aircraft is based so I can experiment with developing flight plans, I'm new to flight planning and would like to give it a try. Thanks.
by pslinger
14 Dec 2021, 00:43
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: MAIW Christmas time is coming
Views: 1850

Re: MAIW Christmas time is coming

I always appreciate the hard work and effort required to pull this off. A nice Christmas present. Thanks and Merry Christmas!
by pslinger
19 Nov 2021, 15:43
Topic: Adding a sound to AI
Replies: 5
Views: 1320

Re: Adding a sound to AI

A while ago I recall coming across an article that provided specific instructions for converting a sound file to an aisound file for AI aircraft use in FSX. I have tried every type of search query to locate this article and unfortunately have been unsuccessful. Is anybody familiar with this article ...
by pslinger
03 Sep 2021, 23:37
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Windows 10
Replies: 254
Views: 29106

Re: Windows 10

Thanks for the help Steve, I appreciate it. Unfortunately I neglected to back-up the .cfg files. The registry entries are something new and the FS Developer forum thread is helpful. Should make things easier if I have to go through this again. I wasn't happy with the way I had the Addon scenery orga...
by pslinger
02 Sep 2021, 01:12
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Windows 10
Replies: 254
Views: 29106

Re: Windows 10

I need to reinstall FSX on my Windows 10 computer. I needed to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10, so I have the latest version of Windows 10. First question; is there a simple way to reinstall FSX without going through and reinstalling every item, one at a time? I have a complete back-up of FSX ...
by pslinger
14 Mar 2021, 00:05
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Brüggen - Converting to FSX...
Replies: 6
Views: 732

Re: RAF Brüggen - Converting to FSX...

Looks fantastic! Amazing what you have accomplished with both the P3D version and the FSX version.

Paul
by pslinger
19 Feb 2021, 00:51
Topic: FSX SDK
Replies: 8
Views: 705

Re: FSX SDK

Thanks for the help, I'll give it a try.