The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 180 matches

by pslinger
18 Feb 2021, 19:04
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: FSX SDK
Replies: 8
Views: 705

Re: FSX SDK

A quick question about installing SDK. Where is the best place to install SDK; the default C:\ location or the drive where FSX is installed? I have FSX Deluxe Edition installed on my D:\ drive. Thanks in advance for the help.
by pslinger
26 Jan 2021, 00:29
Forum: Other Design Discussions
Topic: ai aircraft editor
Replies: 49
Views: 3080

Re: ai aircraft editor

Steve, found the cause of the issue I was having with AIAE, apparently a corrupt Windows 10 file(s). Unfortunately not sure which file(s). I started receiving a lot of BSOD shutdowns and there were five different reasons that were showing up. Had to do a complete reinstall of Windows 10, none of the...
by pslinger
17 Jan 2021, 01:32

Thanks Steve, give me a couple of days to get back to you with answers to your questions. I have been having problems with my computer and had to reset Windows 10. I am in the process of putting things back in order. I will also test AIAE after the dust settles. The issues may be related to the issu...
by pslinger
14 Jan 2021, 03:28

When AIAE was hanging on start-up and only the yellow bottom portion of the screen was populated, the following is what I found in the log: Starting reading d:\microsoft\microsoft flight simulator x\simobjects\airplanes\aia_737_max_8\Aircraft.cfg Reading models from aircraft.cfg Starting reading of ...
by pslinger
12 Jan 2021, 03:31

Steve, cleared everything out and re-installed. Found part of the problem, a .bgl file located inside one of the AI aircraft folders. Removed the.bgl file and AIAE runs a bit better but still hangs and takes two to three tries to get the program running. AIAE was installed D:\FS-Tools folder, avoide...
by pslinger
09 Jan 2021, 16:28

Steve, everything has been deleted and scanned looking for any files in unusual places. I did come across two files in an unexpected location: C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Search_cw5n.....\LocalState\ApplconCache\100\X__FS-Tools_AI-Aircraft Editor_NET_AI-Aircraft Editor_ex...
by pslinger
08 Jan 2021, 00:33

Thanks Steve for the tips. i will work on this tomorrow.

Paul
by pslinger
07 Jan 2021, 17:21

Unfortunately, I have downloaded and installed the latest version and continue to have trouble with AIAE hanging/crashing. This issue appears to be unique to my machine because I haven't seen any other posts highlighting a similar problem. It usually takes three tries before AIAE will open. On the f...
by pslinger
03 Jan 2021, 01:02

Unfortunately, i have been having trouble with AIAE hanging. This issue appears to be unique to my machine because I haven't seen any other posts highlighting a similar problem. With the current update I am able to view the model, however nothing appears when I select the texture tab to view informa...
by pslinger
17 Sep 2020, 22:54
Forum: JYAI
Topic: F-35 Variants (FS9, FSX and P3Dv4)
Replies: 416
Views: 44518

Re: F-35 Variants (FS9, FSX and P3Dv4)

Thanks for the explanation Steve, makes sense. However it does bring up another question. A number of the recent packages have used FS9 scenery in FSX. The instructions that come with the packages usually say something like download and install the FS9 scenery, then delete and substitute specific fi...
by pslinger
16 Sep 2020, 01:33

Thanks for the information, very helpful. I place scenery object libraries like the MAIW Scenery Library Objects as far down in the FSX scenery library as possbile, just above the generic scenery that comes with FSX. Individual scenery packages are toward the top of the list when opening the FSX sce...
by pslinger
15 Sep 2020, 16:28

John, I placed the DCA textures in my equivalent of your static objects folder, and the fence textures appeared. The next question; why would the textures appear when placed in the static objects texture folder and not appear when placed in the Luke texture folder? Just curious. Thanks for pointing ...
by pslinger
15 Sep 2020, 02:50

I placed the DCAfence.bmp and DCADCAfence_lm.bmp files in the MAIW Luke AFB (KLUF) texture folder. I assumed that because both files were bitmaps they belonged in a texture folder, correct?

Paul
by pslinger
13 Sep 2020, 17:47

Sorry Steve, I am using FSX. Lets start with Luke. I need to update my profile, I'm sorry for the confusion.

Paul
by pslinger
13 Sep 2020, 12:33

Thanks for the files and the help Steve, unfortunately the files didn't resolve the issue. To the west of RWY 32 there appears to be an interior fence that snakes through the base. I know enough to be dangerous. In the scenery folder the is a file EZ_Hill InteriorFence.BGL. I'm assuming that this fi...
by pslinger
12 Sep 2020, 23:35
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Looking For Callsigns
Replies: 12
Views: 1277

Re: Looking For Callsigns

Thanks Greg, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the help.

Paul
by pslinger
11 Sep 2020, 02:21

Thanks for the help Steve, I appreciate it, I'll give it a try. For the callsigns that don't work by changing the extension, I try and create my own.
by pslinger
10 Sep 2020, 15:00

I am just getting around to installing the F-35 packages and I'm working through a couple of issues. The easiest one first. It appears that the perimeter fence textures for Hill AFB and Luke AFB are missing. There is a black wall around various points of the facility. Is there a way to determine wha...
by pslinger
09 Sep 2020, 23:43
Forum: General Projects
Topic: RAF Brüggen FSX/P3D - Coming, but NOT soon....
Replies: 114
Views: 12302

Re: RAF Brüggen FSX/P3D - Coming, but NOT soon....

An absolutely amazing piece of work!

Paul
by pslinger
09 Sep 2020, 02:17

This may be a very basic question; will vcpmod callsign files work in FSX or do they need to be converted to evpmod format to work?