The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Search found 2277 matches

by Greg
09 Apr 2011, 15:07
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: Dutch F-16 wheels up landing in Belgium
Replies: 9
Views: 487

Re: Dutch F-16 wheels up landing in Belgium

No idea mate. I work at an Area Control Centre about 75km from Charleroi as the crow flies :wink:
by Greg
09 Apr 2011, 14:50
Topic: MATS doing a fantastic job
Replies: 2
Views: 164

Re: MATS doing a fantastic job

I read an article about them not so long ago in some Eurocontrol magazine. For such a tiny country their FIR is just huuuuuuuuuuge.

Fantastic job indeed.
by Greg
09 Apr 2011, 09:54
Topic: Dutch F-16 wheels up landing in Belgium
Replies: 9
Views: 487

Re: Dutch F-16 wheels up landing in Belgium

I certainly am, because I controlled the guy into Charleroi yesterday :D It was a Dutch F-16 on a Functional Check Flight. He had done some tests in Dutch airspace before being handed over to me for transit to the SABCA facilities at Charleroi Airport. I didn't notice anything abnormal during the fl...
by Greg
07 Apr 2011, 18:03
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: FSX Mods
Replies: 6
Views: 473

Re: FSX Mods

Well in that case I don't see why that would be a problem. Free publicity! :lol: I was just checking because this: We are hoping to also release some modified scenery packs using their excellent AFCADs as as basis. So far, we have developed Culdrose and St Mawgan, adding hangars, control towers and ...
by Greg
04 Apr 2011, 14:32
Forum: MAIW Website/Forum Support
Topic: "This Board has no Forums"
Replies: 11
Views: 1003

Re: "This Board has no Forums"

I forgot I still had this on my to-do list :wink:

There's a closed "Guest Forum" now that is only visible if you're not logged in. The only topic in it explains the need to register in order to see the forums.
by Greg
03 Apr 2011, 16:33
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: 148th FW Minnesota ANG package by Mark Campbell
Replies: 12
Views: 1339

148th FW Minnesota ANG package by Mark Campbell

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible. NOTE: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thre...
by Greg
03 Apr 2011, 12:53
Topic: FSX Mods
Replies: 6
Views: 473

Re: FSX Mods

So you've modified the MAIW AFD's for Culdrose and St Mawgan and you'd like to release them, right?

I was the creator of those AFD files so please send me a PM to go over the details. As Dan explained, there are some requirements like stripping the file of any reference to MAIW.
by Greg
31 Mar 2011, 21:40
Topic: Gregs boys doing the biz!
Replies: 3
Views: 156

Re: Gregs boys doing the biz!

That's my boys! :smt038 Mike, it was indeed a Su-22 (minor difference). This attack was last Sunday. There's also footage from a shelter they blew up during the same mission. Actually the shelter was their initial target, until they saw that the Libyans had parked one of their aircraft outside and t...
by Greg
31 Mar 2011, 16:14
Forum: MAIW Website/Forum Support
Topic: Exceeded max # of login's error/Login Problems
Replies: 13
Views: 1122

Re: Exceeded max # of login's error/Login Problems

Heads up: I just increased the security settings for the forums. One of the measures is that your IP address will be checked on spam blacklists when you post (and when you try to register, but if you can read this then you already have :wink: ). Please inform us of any anomalies when trying to post....
by Greg
28 Mar 2011, 23:05
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Poll on The Owl's Nest
Replies: 63
Views: 2365

Re: Poll on The Owl's Nest

juniboy wrote:I think we should create EVERY military aviation aircraft :shock: although i do not know how many still need to be created. :roll:
Why don't you take a head start while I count them :wink:
by Greg
28 Mar 2011, 11:30
Topic: Thunderbirds
Replies: 14
Views: 786

Re: Thunderbirds

Believe it or not, but they will fly from Koksijde. One of our guys went to the States to meet them in person and he must have been very convincing :D
by Greg
27 Mar 2011, 15:54
Topic: Thunderbirds
Replies: 14
Views: 786

Re: Thunderbirds

That makes sense. They already confirmed for Koksijde on 6 & 7 July.
by Greg
21 Mar 2011, 05:56
Topic: ADE9 Library Object Manager
Replies: 7
Views: 505

Re: ADE9 Library Object Manager

More should be coming soon. We just need to find time to check and upload them.
by Greg
20 Mar 2011, 21:51
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Never seen before
Replies: 3
Views: 163

Re: Never seen before

Giorgio, just a hint: if you want to avoid that only a part of your link is clickable, put it between URL tags like this: [url]http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled-(Shar-Ink)/Antonov-An-74-200/1871742/&sid=7b6d3b876ea5a3e6ed872d8b83afb2a5[/url] Then you get this: http://www.airliners.net/phot...
by Greg
20 Mar 2011, 12:40
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Redesign of The Owl's Nest
Replies: 17
Views: 1118

Re: Redesign of The Owl's Nest

You're clearly putting a lot of time in your site, Martin.

I'm going to have a detailed look later.
by Greg
20 Mar 2011, 12:32
Topic: Operation Odyssey Dawn: Libyan NFZ
Replies: 181
Views: 5477

Re: Operation Odyssey Dawn: Libyan NFZ

Regarding seeing them on online radar trackers or not, it all depends if the flight is flown GAT, OAT or mixed :wink: GAT means General Air Traffic and is controlled by the civilians. It's basically all civilian traffic (except when chartered by the military) and they follow the civilian airways sys...
by Greg
19 Mar 2011, 20:29
Topic: Operation Odyssey Dawn: Libyan NFZ
Replies: 181
Views: 5477

Re: CF18's on their way to enforce Libyan NFZ

I guess the rest of the world has been waiting for the UN to take its responsibility. We have F-16's deployed in Greece on a "training mission" for a week now but couldn't operate without a UN resolution. They're being prepared to operate from LGRX Araxos starting on Monday.
by Greg
19 Mar 2011, 20:21
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: My Randoms
Replies: 11
Views: 578

Re: My Randoms

High quality shots as usual!

For those that haven't seen them yet: Tatit made some excellent Splash Screens for your FS2004 setup a while ago which can be downloaded from our site (follow Resources -> Splash Screens or go here).
by Greg
19 Mar 2011, 19:44
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: German Navy Seakings package by Gary Barker
Replies: 16
Views: 1574

German Navy Seakings package by Gary Barker

Post any and all support related comments for this package in this thread. The Package Manager will look into your problem as soon as possible. NOTE: Support for FSX users will not be offered in this thread. Instead FSX support can be had by posting questions in the MAIW Packages in FSX support thre...
by Greg
18 Mar 2011, 13:44
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Eielson WIP
Replies: 76
Views: 6170

Re: Eielson WIP

Firebird wrote:I believe what the others have said to be correct. You have to draw the concrete around the asphalt.
Or in this case, the asphalt around the concrete :P