The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 2278 matches

by Greg
16 Mar 2009, 15:49
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Arial refueling racetrack
Replies: 6
Views: 356

One thing I have come across is that there is a height difference restriction between the departure airfield and the arrival airfield, its less than 2500', can't remember the exact height. So if an aircraft leaves the Refuelling area it will disappear on approach. You're right Steve. It's 1700' to ...
by Greg
14 Mar 2009, 16:06
Forum: MAIW Website/Forum Support
Topic: 24 Hours
Replies: 17
Views: 1197

She's military, so I don't think so... At least not if she's Belgian military :roll: :wink:

Greg
by Greg
14 Mar 2009, 15:36

BadPvtDan wrote:It's 9:13 AM here.
HTH
That would be your Juliet time :P

(Juliet Time = the observer's current local time)

Greg
by Greg
14 Mar 2009, 14:02

Almost :lol: Zulu is indeed GMT, but the letters represent the difference between local time and zulu time. It's a NATO standard. In Belgium, we are Alpha time during winter (GMT+1) and Bravo time during summer when we add DST (GMT+2). In aviation we use Zulu time as elsewhere. Z UTC Y UTC - 12 hour...
by Greg
01 Mar 2009, 18:46
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: Full screen + Vista
Views: 366

Alt+Tab?
by Greg
23 Feb 2009, 16:03
Topic: E3A ETNG realistic operations
Replies: 25
Views: 1134

What Im trying to say is that the AI engine has them travel down the runway for quite a distance before they take off again which may not look right in FS I haven't got any experience with RAF Sentries, but the NATO ones do exactly that, at least during VFR circuit training. They land, slow down, g...
by Greg
22 Feb 2009, 21:09
Topic: E3A ETNG realistic operations
Replies: 25
Views: 1134

Just remember that with VFR plans the aircraft will land and roll down the runway then take off. With IFR you will get a missed approach which is probably more realistic with the E-3's Hmm not really. I've controlled quite a few NATO E-3's during circuit training at EBBE Beauvechain, and when flyin...
by Greg
25 Jan 2009, 15:20
Topic: A little help identifying this location?
Replies: 14
Views: 468

The best reference I can find again is this Excel sheet from a Ukranian private pilot school with a huge list of airfields in the CIS. It also lists your airfield as "Krasnodar North" without ICAO code. I'm sure there's a lot more info about this field on the Russian part of the web, but m...
by Greg
25 Jan 2009, 12:17

I've come across "Krasnodar North (Air Base)" a few times, but I doubt that's the official name. Probably a disambiguation with URKK Krasnodar Pashkovsky Airport which lies to the SE of the city.

Greg
by Greg
25 Jan 2009, 11:48

You can hardly call it secret if the RAF is allowed to pay a visit there :mrgreen:

Link

It seems to be a huge training base with several names: Higher Air Force School and Higher Military Aviation School a.o.
I can't find an ICAO code for the airfield though. I doubt if it has one...

Greg
by Greg
19 Jan 2009, 13:57
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: AFCAD REQEST
Views: 338

But that one was made for the default scenery (if any), so the answer is no :lol:

Greg
by Greg
05 Jan 2009, 17:49
Topic: AI parking
Views: 923

Um, let's see. My statement concerning the function of the hold short node is accurate as typed (...) No need to be snarky Ford, I never said you were inaccurate :wink: Smoky is clearly new to this, and I'm sure he has never heard of "nested funcions" in FS9, so I merely explained why thi...
by Greg
03 Jan 2009, 14:06
Topic: AI parking
Views: 923

The function of the hold short node is much more than just transfer of control. When an AI aircraft lands, the AI engine will assign the first suitable parking spot to that aircraft when still on the runway. It is ONLY when the aircraft passes a hold short node, that this parking spot will be consid...
by Greg
26 Dec 2008, 13:18
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: RAF Rescue Seakings package by MAIW
Replies: 32
Views: 4844

Glad this one's finally out :lol:

Enjoy guys!

Greg
by Greg
10 Dec 2008, 19:44
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: "Strange"
Views: 395

This stuff has always intrigued me, especially since we've had strange stuff going on over Belgium as well. Not as spectacular as the one in the UK but still quite spooky... On the night of 30/31 March 1990, unknown objects were tracked on radar. Following the incident the Belgian Air Force released...
by Greg
27 Nov 2008, 16:38
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Shockwave Lights: Coordinates for MAIW models
Replies: 51
Views: 18997

flyboy wrote:light.3 = 2, -16.20, -26.51, 3.85, fx_Shockwave_strobeh,
Flyboy this effect does not exist, it should be without the "h" at the end. Just adding "shockwave" to the standard effect name is not always enough :wink:

Thanks for all the research guys. Much appreciated.

Greg
by Greg
06 Nov 2008, 20:01
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Shockwave Lights
Replies: 12
Views: 593

Definately one of the best addons I've bought lately! It adds so much to realism.

Thanks for the settings in the misc forum Mike. Much appreciated buddy.

Greg
by Greg
22 Oct 2008, 10:54
Topic: When you are flying/playing with your AI, do you?
Replies: 9
Views: 470

Umm, what is a "matelot"? Its a British term used for sailors in the Navy. Its origins I believe are from either French or Dutch and I think it meant, literally, bedmate. Due to the cramped living conditions they endured. Both languages, actually :wink: The word "matelot" is Fre...
by Greg
16 Oct 2008, 14:15
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: First C-27J Turned over to US Military
Replies: 9
Views: 452

We got the Lithuanian one at Kabul sometimes. Incredible how fast they stop after landing (and a pain if they still have to roll 6000 feet to the next available exit because everything else is blocked with unloading IL-76's :roll: ).

Greg
by Greg
27 Sep 2008, 19:08
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: RAF Tornado F3 package by MAIW
Replies: 10
Views: 1290

The AFCAD for RAF Mount Pleasant (EGYP) was removed during beta because it's not used in this package. You will see it in the Falklands Package due soon. It seems like the reference in the readme has not been updated so yes that's a mistake from our part :?

Hope this helps,

Greg