The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 411 matches

by hschuit
17 Mar 2021, 11:36
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Goodbye to LODs?
Replies: 19
Views: 1427

Re: Goodbye to LODs?

I use SmallPartRejectRadius = 2 because on my 1920 x 1200 monitor, AI aircraft disappear to quickly if I use the default value 4. In my conversions, I change the paper plane LOD 05 to something between LOD 7 - 10 depending on the size of the model.
by hschuit
16 Mar 2021, 07:53

John, does it make a difference in your LOD 05 - 40 - 400 example if the highest LOD is 400 or 100 ? I always use 100 as the highest when all other LOD's are less than 100. I found this in my FSX notes, cannot remember the source: LOD value is the amount of pixels rendered below which the next lower...
by hschuit
15 Mar 2021, 15:06
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: Conversion of propeller blurre effect
Replies: 15
Views: 872

Re: Conversion of propeller blurre effect

Well, I thought AI does not need slow phase disks but it looks like I was wrong. The solution is to isolate the blurred disk parts, change the animation/visibility tags to prop0_slow and merge them back into the model. Isolating the blurred disk parts can be done by removing everything except the hi...
by hschuit
15 Mar 2021, 12:35

Maybe I actually have to hide the model of propeller blades when blurred effect is visible? Yes, that was my point. I just checked your model and indeed the 3 bladed prop parts do not have the required visibility tag "prop0_still". You need to add that visibility tag which will hide these...
by hschuit
15 Mar 2021, 11:31

If "direction of the pivot point" means the rotation direction then you can check that with the MCX Hierarchy Editor: - Find the disk part animation and open the Animation Editor by right-clicking on "Animation". - Select "Edit Animation" which shows the keyframe steps ...
by hschuit
15 Mar 2021, 10:41

Another issue I think is that the prop still animation (3 bladed prop part) is visible at the same time as the prop slow / prop blurred animations (semi transparent disks). You need to add visibility tags which make sure only the correct parts are shown for each rotation (rpm) phase. For AI models y...
by hschuit
15 Mar 2021, 09:20

John, your analysis is excellent, thanks for doing these tests. My experience with P3Dv4/v5 confirms what you are seeing. I also found another strange thing with P3Dv5 when I tested LOD transitions of my Nimrod model which has 3 LODs. I compared the transitions in FSX and P3Dv5 with equal screen res...
by hschuit
12 Mar 2021, 19:23
Topic: AI goes straight (question)
Replies: 24
Views: 1756

Re: AI goes straight (question)

YoYo, we have FSX/P3D converted versions of many of the aircraft types you use in the SOH screenshots. They are 100% built for AI traffic use.
by hschuit
12 Mar 2021, 18:13

You could try these:

MAIW JAI North-American AT-6 Texan Conversion
MAIW TKAI PZL PZL-104 Wilga Conversion

When I converted them I tried to make them turn on the taxi track as tight as I could.
by hschuit
12 Mar 2021, 18:04

Seeing your test result, it looks like yet another tail dragger problem. AI tail dragger models have a very wide taxi turning radius, that is why they cannot taxi through tight turns and they end up beside the taxi track. The problem can be reduced to some extend by: - Reducing gear contact distance...
by hschuit
12 Mar 2021, 17:51

Your 18/36 runway only has one entry at the 18 end and in your screenshot above, ATC gives clearance for a 36 departure. The only way to get there is to taxi the runway down to the opposite end. I thought AI would not have a problem with that but I am not sure. What happens if you enforce a 18 depar...
by hschuit
12 Mar 2021, 13:46

What about the radio chatter between ATC and AI model? Maybe something is wrong with take off clearance. Does the AI model have a correct Aircraft.cfg [radios] section? Does the airfield have a tower frequency? Does the airfield have a correct runway - the black runway taxi path with the runway star...
by hschuit
12 Mar 2021, 12:09

You need to add a hold short node between the parking spot and the runway start node. If you use the ADE fault finder it will detect issues like this.

Henk.
by hschuit
10 Mar 2021, 11:22
Forum: Other Design Discussions
Topic: Flusfix
Replies: 4
Views: 637

Re: Flusfix

Gary, I dropped the zip file in what I assume is your FTP folder (408. Gary). I do not know if it works with Steam or Windows 10, I am on P3Dv5 now.

Henk.
by hschuit
10 Mar 2021, 10:44
Forum: Other Design Discussions
Topic: Flusfix
Replies: 4
Views: 637

Re: Flusfix

I have a copy of FlusiFix-2006 für den FSX v 5.0 by Wolfgang Picheta. I do not know if it also works in FS9 but if you are interested let me know.

Henk.
by hschuit
09 Mar 2021, 07:46
Topic: Drag Chute XML.
Replies: 5
Views: 520

Re: Drag Chute XML.

Mins, sorry - I forgot you are doing FS9, my code is for FSX/P3D, I do not know how FS9 coding works.

Henk.
by hschuit
08 Mar 2021, 14:16
Topic: Drag Chute XML.
Replies: 5
Views: 520

Re: Drag Chute XML.

Mins, I assume you need a visibility tag to show/hide the chute? Depending on when I want to chute to appear I use: 1. Chute appears when thrust reverser engages (requires thrust reverser enabled in aircraft.cfg). This happens quickly after touchdown. <PartInfo> <Name>custom_vis_AI_Chute_Reverser</N...
by hschuit
07 Mar 2021, 16:38
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: More Mirages
Replies: 44
Views: 5342

Re: More Mirages

The Mirage 5 package has been uploaded.
by hschuit
06 Mar 2021, 17:39
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: More Mirages
Replies: 44
Views: 5342

Re: More Mirages

Brian, I added some missing Mirage 5 variants and renamed the *_VFR ones to *_Tanks. This is the list I am converting: 5AD_Clean (equals 5PA, 5SDD) 5AD_Tanks 5BA_Clean 5BA_Tanks 5BD_Clean 5BD_Tanks 5BR_Clean 5BR_Tanks 5COAM_Clean 5COAM_Intercept 5COAM_Tanks 5COD_Tanks 5CODM_Tanks 5COR_Clean 5COR_Tan...
by hschuit
05 Mar 2021, 10:34
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Mirage 2000 AI project for P3Dv4-5
Replies: 94
Views: 7467

Re: Mirage 2000 AI project for P3Dv4-5

Philippe, nice work.

Henk.