The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 765 matches

by sprocky
12 Feb 2013, 09:22
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: The Pope is going to resign!
Replies: 24
Views: 733

Re: The Pope is going to resign!

With the exception of me being not-catholic, an atheist , pretty busy with work and BJJ, and too short for the robes...I'd be interested in the gig. Looking at your location information an atheist might be rare there - or is it just a cliche? :wink: Being raised in the former GDR I am an atheist as...
by sprocky
04 Feb 2013, 13:40
Topic: And here I thought it was only here..
Replies: 11
Views: 540

Re: And here I thought it was only here..

You'll find this kind of people in any country where you have a welfare system. I do not even blame them. It's the government which makes it comfortable for such people. It's ok for a short term in case you lost your job due to poor management of your employer. But it should not be paid forever.
by sprocky
30 Jan 2013, 09:57
Topic: Closure of WoAI - 30th April 2013
Replies: 15
Views: 754

Re: Closure of WoAI - 30th April 2013

In case you did not know already: after contacting several authors we decided to keep the packages online.
by sprocky
29 Dec 2012, 11:43

Re: Closure of WoAI - 30th April 2013

May I shed some light on the package removal topic. There are some special agreements with certain persons at WoAI which clearly mention as long as the person is at WoAI we can use his work (a question of special trust in this person). Closing the shop means that this person will not be at WoAI anym...
by sprocky
28 Dec 2012, 11:17

Closure of WoAI - 30th April 2013

I searched the forum but did not find any post regarding this. So I thought to post an official statement over here since this will affect the early MAIW releases as well. We decided to pull the plug by 30th April 2013. Why? Many of us lost interest in FS or just do not have the time to create and t...
by sprocky
21 Dec 2012, 11:49
Forum: Real World Military
Topic: Oman orders Typhoon & Hawk
Replies: 2
Views: 200

Re: Oman orders Typhoon & Hawk

Small order for Typhoons. But at least a step forward in sales. :)
by sprocky
27 Nov 2012, 23:29
Topic: Presidential helicopter
Replies: 5
Views: 329

Re: Presidential helicopter

Thank you all for your response. Especially I like Stew's explanation :) In our country (Germany) it is less complicated. Fixed wing: Air Force Non-fixed wing (including ships and cars): never heard of :D Well, it is a fact that we never heard of "Luftwaffe One". Actually I have no jack cl...
by sprocky
27 Nov 2012, 14:37
Topic: Presidential helicopter
Replies: 5
Views: 329

Presidential helicopter

While reading this: http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/us-navy-releases-draft-rfp-for-presidential-helicopter-379466/ a question came to my mind (might be easy to answer for Americans but being European...): Why is the Navy operating the Presidential helicopters and not the Army or Air Force?...
by sprocky
21 Nov 2012, 19:42
Forum: General Projects
Topic: INDIAN AIR FORCE BASES
Replies: 61
Views: 5579

Re: INDIAN AIR FORCE BASES

Stewart, take your time. I have a new system since 4 months now but yet did not have the time to get the basic sim installation on it :( In case you want me to do a beta test (FS9) for VAPO I'll be here and will install my sim. Just alert me a weekend in advance :)
by sprocky
21 Nov 2012, 16:03
Topic: INDIAN AIR FORCE BASES
Replies: 61
Views: 5579

Re: INDIAN AIR FORCE BASES

Steward, may I request / suggest / kindly ask for an Indian place? I have been to Pune (VAPO/PNQ) several times in the past 2 years (FRA-PNQ-FRA on Lufthansa). I sometimes (IF I find the time to fire up my sim) fly from Mumbai to Pune (both default sceneries). It would be quite nice to have Pune Loh...
by sprocky
21 Aug 2012, 10:08
Topic: GAF C-160 Transall
Replies: 28
Views: 1566

Re: GAF C-160 Transall

Nice, I was wondering if that method would actually work for getting side-by-side landings and take-offs. Search flightsim for "aitbdemo.zip" by Mike MacIntyre (used to be on avsim, too, but lost in the hack). Read the enclosed readme, follow the instructions (incl. watching in FS) and if...
by sprocky
20 Aug 2012, 15:15
Topic: GAF C-160 Transall
Replies: 28
Views: 1566

Re: GAF C-160 Transall

Nice package :) Three of the birds flew over my property in a kind of "stretched" formation last Thursday. I am not good in guessing altitudes but I am sure they could make me out easily :mrgreen:
by sprocky
26 Jul 2012, 11:21
Topic: Public transportation in Rome, Italy
Replies: 7
Views: 333

Re: Public transportation in Rome, Italy

It does not really look different than public transportation in Germany. Well, there are exceptions. But especially in bigger cities the stations not frequented by tourists look horrible and also have a strong smell. Here is a pic I took on a central station on a Sunday 2:30 a.m. Its not Germany but...
by sprocky
02 Jul 2012, 13:23
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: Retro Tornado paints
Replies: 49
Views: 3035

Re: Retro Tornado paints

I had some in the works for Jagel (MFG1) but my life has changed from "some" spare time to "almost no" spare time. :(
by sprocky
29 Jun 2012, 11:25
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: Retro Tornado paints
Replies: 49
Views: 3035

Re: Retro Tornado paints

Nice screenshots! Reminds me of my active time. I don't know how many times I was called out to the flightline to check some red light at the CMP of 43+87 (if you are familiar with the Tornado: E1...E4 IIRC :wink: ). But still I liked that bird as at the end it was the only one wearing the old Navy ...
by sprocky
29 Jun 2012, 11:17
Topic: England vs Italy
Replies: 20
Views: 678

Re: England vs Italy

I did watch the match yesterday, and both teams started quite good, maybe at the same level. I watched the match as well but maybe you saw a different one? I thought our team was playing pretty poor compared to previous matches. The penalty shot at the end was not really deserved. Congrats Italy! Y...
by sprocky
27 Jun 2012, 18:30

Maybe he was referring to the Leopard tank. :mrgreen:

But I am afraid he accidently chose the correct term :(
by sprocky
27 Jun 2012, 08:25

bismarck wrote: Sorry but I've extensively searched on Google Earth and was not able to find any city in Italy called Dortmund or Madrid or ...
Hm, Madrid once belonged to the country. But at that time they called the country Roman Empire :smt003
by sprocky
25 Jun 2012, 17:40

And soon it's time for you to go home as well - warm greetings from Germany! :smt003 :wink:

Ok, the statistics show that Italy has won most of the games vs. Germany in the past - but only in Italy. Looking at the results outside of Italy they look well balanced.
by sprocky
19 Jun 2012, 08:01
Topic: The Avengers
Replies: 6
Views: 375

Re: The Avengers

Victory103 wrote:Haven't seen it yet, but noticed this on ebay while looking for an airplane:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harrier- ... 2c661a54f5
Would be something nice for my backyard. Nah, Missus won't allow it :wink: