The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 754 matches

by JohnTenn
29 Oct 2021, 12:56
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Coast issues
Replies: 2
Views: 344

Re: Coast issues

Miljan It is quite easy when you know how. The tutorial on creating an island works ok. Create a land mask. Your need then to add landclass by clicking on the intersections of the grid LOD 13. Wide around it as it does not always cover. It will only fill your land mask. To move the coastline use the...
by JohnTenn
03 Sep 2021, 09:08
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: NBAI Model LOD Modifications
Replies: 27
Views: 2183

Re: NBAI Model LOD Modifications

I have re-compiled the previously uploaded models. This time they have lightmaps activated. In certain packages extra loadouts have been included using the available model source files. This includes loadouts for Finnish, Spanish and Swiss F-18's. Other model sets may or may not represent real world...
by JohnTenn
27 Aug 2021, 11:25

Chinook Models Uploaded.

Updated FA-18 A,B,C and D package uploaded. Previously omitted models now included.

F-18 Wet models, only the models, are ready to be tested. Anyone wanting to test the models can send me a message. I will send a link for download.
by JohnTenn
25 Aug 2021, 18:12

The following image shows an updated Chinook model further away than the original. Not quite as dramatic as my first observation made me believe. Nevertheless there is an improvement. I have now had a look at the A400's. I do not believe that any benefit will be gained by changing the LOD's. Bear in...
by JohnTenn
25 Aug 2021, 16:29

Asdro I have updated the Chinooks. As for the A400's I have not requested the source files as yet. John, the visual change on the Chinooks, viewed in high resolution is quite dramatic. Turns from a plywood mock-up to a relatively accurate helicopter. The model however is quite basic. If you are inte...
by JohnTenn
05 Aug 2021, 17:58

These are Hellenic AH-64A's.

The change is quite dramatic
by JohnTenn
04 Aug 2021, 18:38

For the carrier enthusiasts out there.

Nicks F-18 folding wing models do work. I have managed to get Sidewinders onto the wingtips of the E version, so with careful deleting I can make the other loadouts.

Dry models are done.

Working on Apache and Chinook now.

John
by JohnTenn
30 Jul 2021, 06:04

Chris it nearly went that way. I had a singleton paint for 151 with 2016 design on the tail. Modified models went into this folder. I kept them separate so that I could compare how they displayed in the sim. Then I realized the design on the tail was out of date. This design seemed easy enough to do...
by JohnTenn
28 Jul 2021, 19:32

I have the source files. I have not been able to get the folding wings to work yet. FSDS is still strange to me and not my first priority to learn. Making changes to the models was not my intention. At the moment it is limited to changing the LOD tags and compiling the models. These F-18's have been...
by JohnTenn
28 Jul 2021, 17:59

I have had a go at the NBAI FA-18 E and F and EA-18 G's

Might need a bit more manipulation.
by JohnTenn
27 Jul 2021, 07:16

Subsequent to my previous post, I removed another LOD model from the Rafale and renamed the remaining LOD's to lower values. So in total, two of the original removed. I discovered that FSDS does in fact use your values, provided they have a gradual progression. Visually I could see no real benefit f...
by JohnTenn
27 Jul 2021, 05:36

Until the architecture of the simulator changes there will be a need for some way for the model not to load when out of visual range. In FS9 the lower LOD value model provides the shadow. The trick for efficient AI would be to make the complete transition before it comes into view close enough to se...
by JohnTenn
26 Jul 2021, 15:08

NBAI Model LOD Modifications

Having tried to paint a Rafale for the Egyptian Air force, I was disheartened by the way the aircraft displayed in the sim. A similar situation with a newer offering for a retro prop-liner got me thinking. Halve the value on the LOD tag. I was graciously granted access to the source files. If you ca...
by JohnTenn
24 Jul 2021, 07:33
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: No package for North Island NAS?
Replies: 11
Views: 889

Re: No package for North Island NAS?

I have a butchered FS9 version of my own.

I created my own layout and moved the scenery objects to fit my layout as best I could.

Obviously I can not post it, but I am willing to share.

John
by JohnTenn
16 Jul 2021, 14:13
Forum: General Projects
Topic: John's Junk
Replies: 132
Views: 15809

Re: John's Junk

Su-34

Generic textures ready for packaging.
by JohnTenn
12 Jul 2021, 14:52
Topic: NAS JRB Fort Worth (KNFW)
Replies: 24
Views: 3377

Re: NAS JRB Fort Worth (KNFW)

To set the record straight. Brent sent me compiled files of this scenery in October 2019. I received no source files and no aircraft paints. I decompiled the files to XML format in order substitute my objects in place of MAIW library objects. My intention was to supply the objects to Brent for him t...
by JohnTenn
07 Jul 2021, 13:38
Topic: NAS JRB Fort Worth (KNFW)
Replies: 24
Views: 3377

Re: NAS JRB Fort Worth (KNFW)

That would be correct.

Here is what it looks like.

John
by JohnTenn
27 Jun 2021, 15:05
Forum: MKAI
Topic: Mi-35
Replies: 30
Views: 2682

Re: Mi-35

Looking good Miljan.

Looking forward to this beast.

John
by JohnTenn
27 Jun 2021, 11:32

Su-34 for SBAI model with its mapping challenges.
Does anyone know if the newer airframes for Chelyabinsk have a darker scheme? It would appear so from satellite images.

TAW-4 will take some time, will have to do it a few frames at a time.

If anyone wants singleton place holders let me know.

John
by JohnTenn
27 Jun 2021, 08:44

Su-34

Any interest ?