The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 367 matches

by gavinc
11 Apr 2018, 07:54
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Nick Black's F-14 AI conversion project.
Replies: 80
Views: 6500

Re: Nick Black's F-14 AI conversion project.

Two more shots of work done this evening - pilots now back in place with glossy visors, ejection handles added, cockpit panels updated and the materials in play with subtle reflection and specular shine. All that, and the model is only 120kb larger with nothing else to add :) Hi, re the size - if y...
by gavinc
23 Feb 2018, 15:46
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: An interesting issue with the FSX converted HTAI F-16s
Replies: 7
Views: 1140

Re: An interesting issue with the FSX converted HTAI F-16s

Hi, The only thing that I can think is that it is a DX10 issue (that is about the only thing different between your setup and mine). I tested in FSX-SE and P3Dv4 and didn't notice the issue. There are only a couple of things that I can think of (and these are just wild shot in the dark thoughts). 1)...
by gavinc
18 Feb 2018, 15:52
Topic: Il-76 in P3Dv4
Replies: 2
Views: 479

Re: Il-76 in P3Dv4

Sadly just as ugly in P3D as in real life :-) (nice screen shots tho)

Gavin
by gavinc
17 Feb 2018, 16:53
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: MGAI/MAIW KC-135
Replies: 14
Views: 1340

Re: MGAI/MAIW KC-135

hschuit wrote: 17 Feb 2018, 08:35 FSX/P3D model conversion WIP screenshot in P3Dv4:

Henk,
looking great - when do you find time to eat sleep etc

Gavin
by gavinc
09 Feb 2018, 09:05
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: FSX/P3D Conversion Packages
Replies: 17
Views: 2945

Re: FSX/P3D Conversion Packages

Ian, All it really needs is a high tolerance for frustration :-) I suggest you try starting with an easy model. The AIM CJ-200 is probably a good starter model. It has 1 unrecognized animation sequence for you to identify and no complex issues. Plus it is a model that we don't have approval to distr...
by gavinc
06 Feb 2018, 20:08
Topic: Wish list for conversion to FSX/P3D
Replies: 59
Views: 7160

Re: Wish list for conversion to FSX/P3D

Looking really good Henk,

You have a million more versions of the F-18 than I do of the F-22 (and it's more complex) but I would bet your conversion is released before mine :-)

Gavin
by gavinc
06 Feb 2018, 14:45
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: Need help with Elevator XML
Replies: 6
Views: 888

Re: Need help with Elevator XML

Thanks Weescotty
that worked. I needed to add the -0.5 * 50 back in for the elevators to come back to the neutral position when the lights came on.

Now on to the next challenge.

Gavin
by gavinc
05 Feb 2018, 19:45

Re: Need help with Elevator XML

I am a big fan of the KISS principal so my initial thought is if both bits of code work as you want them to, why combine them to make one complicated statement that could be troublesome to troubleshoot? Are you trying to get the engine outlets to droop as well on the ground? I realise that I could ...
by gavinc
05 Feb 2018, 15:42

Need help with Elevator XML

Hi Folks Can someone who knows more about xml than me (ie everyone) give me a hand? I am converting the NBAI F-22 to P3D and need a bit of assistance with the tail surfaces. Nick modeled the engine outlets that move along with the tail. https://i.imgur.com/edPor2m.jpg I would also like to model the ...
by gavinc
05 Feb 2018, 09:32

I would be willing to work on a conversion package if I thought I could do it with my limited computer skills. Can you recommend any software that I could experiment with? If successful, I'd be glad to work on a package if given permission Cheers Ian Ian, If I can do it with my limited skills I am ...
by gavinc
02 Feb 2018, 16:30

I started converting the NBAI F/A-18's. I won't do each and every loadout (there are over 30 in the Lemoore pack alone) but at least 1-3 of the most common used configurations per type (A, B, C, D, E, F). Once I have something presentable I will get in touch with Martin. Great news Henk, I'm tackli...
by gavinc
31 Jan 2018, 10:15

MIKE JG wrote: 31 Jan 2018, 00:53 And please, please, please don't forget the original modelers who created these models. You cannot imagine how many hours of time go into a single model.
Having spent weeks trying to model something more complicated than a simple box I can well imagine.

Gavin
by gavinc
30 Jan 2018, 18:45

BTW if anyone wants to join the conversion party (perhaps to convert the model they most want to see in P3D) I wrote a (very) rough and ready guide on how to do conversions. It was aimed at civilian models but the basics are the same http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php?topic=25691.0 Thanks G...
by gavinc
30 Jan 2018, 18:38

To Woogeys point DMDocs did start this as a wish list for conversions. Whether anyone will listen or not is a moot point (although the C-17 request has been heard)

I wish someone would convert the F-18s as well :-). I haven't even taken a look at them yet.

Gavin
by gavinc
30 Jan 2018, 09:46

The C-17 doesn't have lights on the nose landing gear. The "nose" lights on on the body just aft of the crew door. The taxi light are on the main landing gear fairing. Thanks for this. I'll update the models with the correct taxi light location. I have the basic conversion (no cargo loads...
by gavinc
29 Jan 2018, 14:53

C-17 conversion light question

Hi, thanks to Henks advice I am making slow headway on the C-17 conversions. I have one question about the lights. Does anyone know which lights are used for taxi-ing? The UKMIL C-17 has lights on the nose gear that are set up as taxi lights but all the videos I have seen only show the wingtip light...
by gavinc
25 Jan 2018, 09:36

Weescotty, I use Ambient animations as a replacement for tick18 for things like pilots heads that need to move on a regular basis. There are multiple Ambient variables (6 off the top of my head) so that you can have different animations. Like Henk I use visibility conditions based on ground speed an...
by gavinc
25 Jan 2018, 09:28

Firebird wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 08:37
calleighpark wrote: 25 Jan 2018, 00:34 North east ANG bases (Niagara)
I really don't know how this fits in with this thread.
Steve, I think the individual may be (very tersely) suggesting that "North east ANG bases" be added to the wish list for conversion.

Gavin
by gavinc
24 Jan 2018, 08:53

Gavin: I just converted the model with the latest development version of MCX and all animations are OK. I guess the zero keyframes from the reverser animations were missing, previous MCX builds could not handle that. I only did a quick conversion of the highest LOD, if you want to have it please le...
by gavinc
23 Jan 2018, 09:52

RE C-17

They are PAI models and I don't know if MAIW has the rights to the model.

I did look at converting them for my own use and they need major re-building. The reverse thrusters are broken in conversion and will need to be re-modeled from scratch.

Gavin