The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 367 matches

by gavinc
05 Feb 2022, 21:56
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: jbai dominies
Replies: 11
Views: 655

Re: jbai dominies

*Although, looking at the image below, I'd forgotten that the landing lights seem to be permanently on! The image is from P3Dv4. Did you assign the lights the correct effect and visibility conditions? or are they the initial effect created by MCX? If the latter you need to change the effect to fx_l...
by gavinc
30 Jan 2022, 16:57
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW JAI P-3 Orion Family Conversion Support
Replies: 38
Views: 2290

Re: MAIW JAI P-3 Orion Family Conversion Support

This was one of the earliest conversions I did so I have gone back and updated the models slightly.
I have just uploaded a v1.2 package of revised models. The update includes reducing the LODs to 3 and adding nose wheel steering to all models.

Enjoy
Gavin
by gavinc
22 Dec 2021, 01:22
Forum: JYAI
Topic: JYAI EA-6B Prowlers
Replies: 72
Views: 5428

Re: JYAI EA-6B Prowlers

Beautiful work John.

Gavin
by gavinc
31 Oct 2021, 15:25
Topic: JYAI Gloster Meteors
Replies: 115
Views: 7947

Re: JYAI Gloster Meteors

Thanks for the Meteors John. Just installed the Chalgrove package into P3Dv4 and it looks great.
Always liked the Meteor and it is neat to see a couple flying around.

Gavin
by gavinc
29 Oct 2021, 00:29
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: AI Aircraft Editor.NET Update
Replies: 36
Views: 4216

Re: AI Aircraft Editor.NET Update

Just seen the two posts here. Gavin, I just downloaded the zip on this website and can confirm that I also get the issue that you see. Until Martin notices this and fixes it I can offer a zip that is fine. It is v 3.1.0.0 but once installed you should be offered the update. PM me with an address if...
by gavinc
22 Oct 2021, 21:32
Forum: MKAI
Topic: End of an era
Replies: 5
Views: 665

Re: End of an era

Miljan, Thanks for all the FS9 models you have made over the years. Look forward to seeing what you can do in P3D (whenever you get the time to do somethings).

In the meantime I will look into converting your remaining FS9 models to P3D (when I get the time :-) )

Gavin
by gavinc
01 Aug 2021, 22:57
Forum: Martin's Owl Corner
Topic: AI Aircraft Editor.NET Update
Replies: 36
Views: 4216

Re: AI Aircraft Editor.NET Update

Martin, I'm trying to install on a new PC and so I downloaded the latest version both from your site and here. It appears that the zip is corrupt because I am unable to extract the AIAE-Setup.exe file. Using the default tool in Windows 10 I get a "Unexpected Error" and using 7Zip I get a &...
by gavinc
11 Jul 2021, 18:31
Topic: MAIW CJAU Slingsby Firefly Conversion Support
Replies: 9
Views: 935

Re: MAIW CJAU Slingsby Firefly Conversion Support

Could you post a screenshot of the models in P3D please?
by gavinc
10 Jul 2021, 22:44
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: RAF Puma 50th Anniversary
Replies: 1
Views: 353

Re: RAF Puma 50th Anniversary

Looks good Mark,

Hard to believe they have been around for 50 yrs.

Gavin
by gavinc
10 Jul 2021, 22:38
Topic: MAIW CJAU Slingsby Firefly Conversion Support
Replies: 9
Views: 935

Re: MAIW CJAU Slingsby Firefly Conversion Support

Fin wrote: 10 Jul 2021, 12:09 i see in the AIAE that the fireflies canopies are opaque. is this a glitch?
Are they opaque in FSX or P3D?

Gavin
by gavinc
01 Jul 2021, 21:58
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: NH-90
Replies: 187
Views: 21903

Re: NH-90

Kulbit wrote: 27 Jun 2021, 17:04 Gavinc,

i will do my best to help in the conversion works !!
Please send me the conversion instructions i will start to learn it immediatly.
Many thanks for the opportunity to help the community !!
Sorry for the slow response - real world interference again.

Check your PMs.

Gavin
by gavinc
01 Jul 2021, 21:41
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: MRTT MMF
Replies: 19
Views: 1779

Re: MRTT MMF

I did do a basic FSX conversion of the P3D conversion as a request. It has the nose wheel steering of the P3D model but no lightmap support. You can find it as a link in the FSX/P3D Conversions Support area MRTT thread.

Gavin
by gavinc
26 Jun 2021, 14:26
Forum: MAIW FSX/P3D Package Conversion
Topic: MKAI Hermes 450 for P3D
Views: 651

Re: MKAI Hermes 450 for P3D

Very sorry for your wasted time, I missed there was an update. From mobile hence short You know I was just kidding Martin. The time spent testing the contacts was trivial. I have the models converted to P3D standards (which was the difficult part) and will just double verify the contact points this...
by gavinc
26 Jun 2021, 14:21
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: NH-90
Replies: 187
Views: 21903

Re: NH-90

Kulbit,
There are a couple of us working on FSX/P3D conversions but with so many variants it is taking a long time.

I have written a conversion instruction guide if you are interested in joining the effort.

Thanks
Gavin
by gavinc
25 Jun 2021, 00:31

Haven't tested Johns updates yet but I have an embarrassing admission to make. When I inserted Johns updates I realised that I copied the contact points and tried adjusting them but (if you look closely at the contact_points section I posted earlier) I forgot to comment out the original FS9 settings...
by gavinc
25 Jun 2021, 00:25

Hi Miljan,
thanks for that - blame Martin :P I was using his conversion base pack.

Will try the updated settings and if all is well I'll return the package to Martin for release.

Thank you for making such great models, and thanks to John for all his insight.

Gavin
by gavinc
22 Jun 2021, 21:26

MKAI Hermes 450 for P3D

Hi, I've done a quick conversion of Miljans Hermes 450 but have an issue with the contact points. This model is another "bouncing Betty" at low fps or if I increase the sim rate. I tried adjusting the static compression ratio (dropped it as low as 0.5 and as high as 5.5) but with no change...
by gavinc
05 Jun 2021, 22:54
Topic: MAIW MGAI Airbus A330 MRTT / KC-30A Conversion Support
Replies: 31
Views: 3387

FSX Model download link

Ok, here is a link to the models re-compiled for FSX. They have nose wheel steering but no cabin lighting. Please note that I just did a quick validation that the models loaded into FSX and seemed to work, beyond that no guarantees (no money will be refunded if not satisfied). https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am...
by gavinc
04 Jun 2021, 22:20
Topic: MAIW MGAI Airbus A330 MRTT / KC-30A Conversion Support
Replies: 31
Views: 3387

Re: MAIW MGAI Airbus A330 MRTT / KC-30A Conversion Support

If you are happy to use a native FSX model where the cabin night lighting is disabled I should be able to re-compile the P3D model for FSX. Re-creating the cabin lighting for FSX requires additional parts and every texture to be modified and since the FS9 model works well enough in FSX I don't belie...
by gavinc
21 May 2021, 22:51
Topic: JYAI Merlin HC4
Replies: 111
Views: 9117

Re: JYAI Merlin HC4

Hi John, Like everyone else says - just lovely. I will be having a go at making some sort of a package for the Canadian models. AFCADs and flight plans are not something I usually get involved in so it will be a change from conversions. This being the brief gap between snow and mosquitos in my part ...