Search found 2410 matches

by gsnde
18 Feb 2008, 11:00
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Chat Times, what works best for you?
Replies: 4
Views: 181

Since I completely missed this whole event ... how about a opt-in list for an email notification for future chats?

Cheers,
Martin
by gsnde
18 Feb 2008, 09:06
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Some MAIW works in FSX with SP2
Replies: 18
Views: 590

I see there are still some canopy transparency issues in SP2 Yep. The black material issue is resolved thanks to Microsoft. Canopies and props are still open. Props I have repaired several by replacing not-working ones with good ones from other aircrafts. 8) Thanks to my complete ignorance when it ...
by gsnde
18 Feb 2008, 08:49
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Some MAIW works in FSX with SP2
Views: 590

Some MAIW works in FSX with SP2

For those interested in how MAIW aircrafts look in FSX with SP2. The Lancer http://www.interkultur.de/gossmann/MAIW/maiw-b1.jpg The Spirit http://www.interkultur.de/gossmann/MAIW/maiw-b2.jpg The Warthog http://www.interkultur.de/gossmann/MAIW/maiw-a10.jpg The Typhoon http://www.interkultur.de/gossma...
by gsnde
18 Feb 2008, 08:36
Topic: SR-71 and X-15 AI?
Replies: 10
Views: 336

Sadly they are out of service. First decommissioning was 1989. They have been re-activated once in the 90s, but then were send to second retirement.

Cheers,
Martin
by gsnde
18 Feb 2008, 08:26
Forum: General Projects
Topic: FSX Afcad files
Replies: 7
Views: 256

Keith, Just a word of warning. Last year I tried to assist with bringing FSX and MAIW a bit closer. By talking about providing converted files I had crossed a line and received some royal kick in the a** with legal disclaimer and everything. You can read the thread here: http://www.militaryaiworks.c...
by gsnde
17 Feb 2008, 22:38

I am ..... delighted ... :D Very great news.

Cheers,
Martin
by gsnde
17 Feb 2008, 16:40

I don't believe these models to be of the AI quality that you would find here at MAIW. That I believe. The problem is that I do find neither here :wink:. And I could swear that they would make such a good company for the MAIW U2. Anybody from the MAIW team feels like doing those two black beauties?...
by gsnde
17 Feb 2008, 14:37

SR-71 and X-15 AI?

Does anybody know if there is a SR-71 and/or a X-15 as AI?

Cheers,
Martin
by gsnde
16 Feb 2008, 13:43
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: AI plane turning too fast on runway - AFCAD problem?
Views: 414

That was the name. Thank you, Steve !

Martin
by gsnde
16 Feb 2008, 08:32
Topic: AI plane turning too fast on runway - AFCAD problem?
Views: 414

Rysiek,

What is the name of the AI Traffic tool which can be seen on your screen shots? I remember that I have seen it before, but can't remember when and where...

Cheers,
Martin
by gsnde
11 Feb 2008, 07:30
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: Carrier (carr2006) building crash with FSX SP2
Replies: 0
Views: 62

Carrier (carr2006) building crash with FSX SP2

Hi, Has anybody else noticed that with FSX SP2 (no acceleration) it is not possible to start from the carriers if crash detection is on? Doing so always leads to an immediate building crash with FSX restarting the flight in an endless loop. Very rarely I have as well seen a message when I select the...
by gsnde
06 Jul 2007, 16:55
Topic: ai in fsx not working
Replies: 11
Views: 430

Let's see....

Are you by any chance talking about that enormous out-of-place Cessna which constantly pops up in my screen shots? :D

By the way, this Skyhawk is not what it seems to be. Skunk labs have made her go Mach3 and she is complete stealthy as soon as she is airborne... 8)
by gsnde
27 Jun 2007, 13:22
Topic: Airport Design Editor
Replies: 7
Views: 613

by gsnde
22 Jun 2007, 13:28
Forum: General Projects
Topic: German Air Force Tornadoes
Replies: 14
Views: 1338

It's a repaint of the DSB Tornado by Sebastian Hecker. At Flightsim.Com search for blueligh.zip (mind the missing 't').

Cheers,
Martin
by gsnde
15 Jun 2007, 06:25
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: HICKAM C-17 PACKAGE BY MAIW
Replies: 36
Views: 2858

Hi Stew,

Great news. I expected something like that, because it was not looking buggy, just ... different. Now I am curious and must check what happens when the C-17 powers up for flight.

Thanks a lot!

Cheers,
Martin
by gsnde
14 Jun 2007, 22:47
Forum: MAIW Package Support For FS9
Topic: HICKAM C-17 PACKAGE BY MAIW
Replies: 36
Views: 2858

Is the jet turbine looking as it is supposed to be? The part in the middle where it looks like partly disassembled.

This is with FSX.

Thank you,
Martin

[/img]
by gsnde
14 Jun 2007, 22:44

Some screen shots to show how AI affects my fps rate. Being somewhere without much of anything gives me between 30-40 FPS in FSX. This is a part of my airport with animated and not animated objects, but no aircrafts in view. 27 FPS. http://www.gossmann.homepage.t-online.de/MAIW/No-AC.jpg Here we hav...
by gsnde
14 Jun 2007, 22:09

It realy hits my frame rates. What frame rates do you get with what kind of hardware, Dave? I am working with a combination of ADE (Airport Design Editor) by Jon Masterson (Scruffyduck) and FSXPlanner, a tool from Russel which is a pure JAVA application :shock: Both are under heavy developement, an...
by gsnde
14 Jun 2007, 21:54

Our AI a/c are designed from the ground up to give high FPS rates. This is achieved by low-poly counts and multiple LODs. Also we have some really brilliant modellers here :D I suspect the default FSX a/c are not purpose made for AI. John What can I say - Jon is absolutely right. :D The MAIW aircra...
by gsnde
13 Jun 2007, 20:55

Dave, There are some tools around which can convert FS9 to FSX flight plans, although all I have seen fail to convert the old TNG command. So I guess it comes down to the laborious fact that if MAIW one day decides to go FSX, that the flight plans will have to be rewritten. The good news is the new ...