The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 50 matches

by mage
18 May 2021, 08:22
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Aldergrove
Replies: 12
Views: 1251

Re: Aldergrove

Mage, I've just popped in to see what's occurring. RL has, as it tends to, got firmly in the way of any kind of FS stuff over the last few months. I'm not out of that yet - no-one told me that retirement meant that lots of people and organisations assume your time is now all theirs! I'm over-commit...
by mage
16 May 2021, 18:41

Those AFDs I mentioned - for UK2000 Aldergrove in FS9
by mage
14 May 2021, 07:15
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 544
Views: 41068

Re: Thoughts on the next project

MIKE JG wrote: 03 Jan 2021, 21:41 Well if it's a long winter here, you never know....
Now that's one aircraft that would look comical with the wrong rotational axes for the wings. And now you just want to try! :D

And I built an RV-8 a little over ten years ago, but only in Gmax.
by mage
14 May 2021, 06:58
Topic: Aerospatiale Gazelle
Replies: 169
Views: 14187

Re: Aerospatiale Gazelle

It's interesting to see that few are still in Serbian register . There are quite a few in the UK, operated by Martin Wood (running an outfit registered in Serbia but using their machines in the UK). The company's UK operating base is at Stapleford, but the helos themselves seem to operate between p...
by mage
10 May 2021, 10:12
Forum: General Projects
Topic: List of military bases by ICAO?
Replies: 5
Views: 473

Re: List of military bases by ICAO?

I created this excel sheet for the World. Unfortunately it includes Mil, Civ and waypoints. It may help in some way. Much thanks, Jim. That is one industrial-grade list! If I can winkle out a few extra military facilities from the descriptions that'll certainly help, and the coverage is second-to-n...
by mage
09 May 2021, 21:12

Re: List of military bases by ICAO?

Thanks for that site, quite interesting! I think the existing list source is friendlier to use and lends itelf to being imported and massaged into an Excel page (https://www.world-airport-codes.com/alphabetical/country-abbreviations/d.html?sfw=pass1620594145 for example) but that set of data might h...
by mage
09 May 2021, 17:36

List of military bases by ICAO?

Hi everybody - I'm presently trying to create a variation on the Excel-based flightplanner by Rysiek Winawer (with his blessing) and have chosen to re-jig it so that it isn't base-centric but aircraft-centric. By this I mean that a long list of aircraft can be provided with basing information append...
by mage
27 Mar 2021, 20:56
Topic: Agusta Westland Wildcat
Replies: 56
Views: 5542

Re: Agusta Westland Wildcat

If ever a helicopter reinforced the principle that 'they only fly because the earth rejects them', the Wildcat is it. Saves ammunition, the enemy dies laughing! We used to get these around my patch until the nearby airfield lost its license, indemnity etc, and finally the ATC. Now not even the Wilt...
by mage
14 Mar 2021, 22:18

Well, I've put a lot of time and effort in, but most of it won't make any difference, sadly. While the AI works fine on the overlay it wouldn't do the last thing that I wanted, which was to park the right way around and not perform any pushback. I've tried the "sharp turn" approach that I ...
by mage
13 Mar 2021, 22:47

If you're using a shortened 17-35 as a separate AFCAD for mil traffic only, using ADE you should be able to create complete IFR approach routings from well away from the airfield that achieve the exact flightpath you want to achieve (I'm assuming approach construction in FS9 works the same as in FS...
by mage
13 Mar 2021, 13:44

I've realized that in my conversations I've been casually referring to the orientation of the AFD as I've been working on it and gotten the quadrants mixed up. Northwest, nothing goes on, and my AFD has helos arriving from just south of west, just to the south of the main runway axis, and turning sh...
by mage
12 Mar 2021, 14:12

Thanks Tim, that pretty much confirms my assumptions. For obvious reasons details are thin, and I thought about my own flying and how I'd organize things if I was the Master of the Universe (and in FS9, I can be a legend in my own simulator). I'm making my own version of the EGA1 AFD to minimize int...
by mage
12 Mar 2021, 09:17

Strangely enough I just made a helicopter overlay for Aldergrove as the final UK2K "Xtreme" airport overlay in a long series for FS9. So far it's civilian aircraft only but I was considering making one for the military area. I'd be interested to know what the operations are for the militar...
by mage
11 Mar 2021, 22:53
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: Making heli AFD overlay
Replies: 34
Views: 2346

Re: Making heli AFD overlay

Back on this topic briefly, I have finished making overlays for the various UK2000 sceneries for FS9 and am going though checking the angled ILS approaches that are used to guide AI to the runways in some cases (used just to stop helicopter and fixed wing traffic sharing airspace for too long, by br...
by mage
06 Mar 2021, 00:24
Topic: Aerospatiale Gazelle
Replies: 169
Views: 14187

Re: Aerospatiale Gazelle

Just finished checking the packages for Bosnia, at LQSV two SOKO Gaz sat for 15mins with lights on but didn't move. At another airport (stock P3Dv4.5 airport), 2 others sat the same amount of time with no movement. Serb and Mont versions with scenery seem to be flying fine. I'll look over the ADE f...
by mage
25 Feb 2021, 08:33

Re: Making heli AFD overlay

While adding helicopters to Manchester (UK) I thought I'd map out the area of influence of a runway in an overlay to give some visual clue as to what to expect if anyone decides to give it a try. So, EGCC ends up with an overlay XGCC that accepts the helicopters, but which will take control over par...
by mage
20 Feb 2021, 07:44

Seeing a runway's "zone of influence" at work.

So what's special about runways? We ask for clearance to use them and only make this request when we are about to depart. In FS we see this "reserved area" at work as we creep forward to the hold-short and listen to each AI plane in sequence ask for departure and, when we finally get close...
by mage
19 Feb 2021, 22:51

Finally some light on a dark subject.

I've what I think is definitive info about the interaction between overlays in FS airports. It might not apply to all sims, since I have only FS9 to test with, but it's worth experimenting if you want to make overlays for FSX or later sims to see whether these factors also feature in those sims. Wor...
by mage
19 Feb 2021, 14:46
Forum: AI Repaints
Topic: paint request for John's ai Gazelle!
Replies: 7
Views: 662

Re: paint request for John's ai Gazelle!

I would definitely like a copy of that overlay when you have finished it. The overlay ID is perfectly fine by me. It would be nice to have some 32 Sqn helos there, of any era. Sorry for the slight delay, busy making other overlays and stumbling over Newcastle (always a pain for FS9 AI, the overlay ...
by mage
18 Feb 2021, 22:12
Topic: UH-72A Lakota
Replies: 129
Views: 14995

Re: UH-72A Lakota

...lights specified that way will not rise with the animated lift. To overcome that in FSX and P3D, lights can be specified as effects files, but attached to parts within the model so they rise with the lift. In FS9, so I have always thought, it's not possible to attach effects... Lights (and any o...