The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 1319 matches

by TimC340
Today, 08:32
Forum: General Projects
Topic: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390
Replies: 226
Views: 6898

Re: Scenery and supporting AI for John's KC-390

Thanks Ray. Question: with the A-29s, did you consider doing the Smoke Squadron ones? They’d be a nice addition to SBYS and a contrast to all the red and white! But no worries if you have other priorities. As with any of the aerobatic teams it’s difficult to write any kind of convincing traffic file...
by TimC340
Yesterday, 19:18

For those interested, I've completed a Scope/Overview spreadsheet of the entire project. It's in the Documentation folder of my FTP. At the moment, it includes up to 41 airfields of which 31 have been started - and mostly completed, or very close. I've organised the airfields into 5 geographic group...
by TimC340
18 Apr 2024, 11:01

Thanks for the update Steve. I guess we'll expect it when we see it!
by TimC340
17 Apr 2024, 20:42

You’re right of course, Steve. I’ve gone down with a bit of a lurgy today so very little of anything got done! And tomorrow isn’t likely to be very productive either, but I’ll have a good think about how I structure the remainder of the project and I’ll have a chat with John about timings. Have we a...
by TimC340
17 Apr 2024, 14:17

Thanks chaps. That was a bit of a 'cri de couer' after one wine too many last night! You're quite right, the priority is Anapolis and really I need to pause everything else until that's done and out of the way. There's very little left to do on it now, anyway. I have a couple more traffic files to d...
by TimC340
16 Apr 2024, 21:32
Forum: Tech Talk
Topic: No AI Traffic
Replies: 8
Views: 141

Re: No AI Traffic

Could be the classic FS9 traffic file issue? Use AIFP to see if one has crept in.
by TimC340
16 Apr 2024, 21:29

Through a couple of observations that JY made, I know that there are a few anomalies with the airfields in the FTP. It's inevitable, I guess, with so many airfields within the project even though most of them are peripheral to the original brief, which was supporting John's KC-390s and (subsequently...
by TimC340
15 Apr 2024, 18:38
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Milviz Beale AFB scenery help
Replies: 6
Views: 151

Re: Milviz Beale AFB scenery help

If there was a CVX file for KBAB, then maybe you should disable that one also. Jorgen There is a CVX file for Beale. But when I disabled it I had hills and holes all over the airport. You need to keep the CVX file for the airport to work right. You may find that Miljan made the airfield to go on th...
by TimC340
14 Apr 2024, 15:33
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: Milviz Beale AFB scenery help
Replies: 6
Views: 151

Re: Milviz Beale AFB scenery help

You have to go into the Orbx directory and remove anything to do with KBAB. I have a 'removed' folder in every Orbx area to deconflict airfields that I have a better version of. In P3Dv5 you may well find that default buildings will display on airfields that LM have updated since v4. The best way to...
by TimC340
14 Apr 2024, 15:25
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: MSFS RAF Bruggen
Replies: 5
Views: 139

Re: MSFS RAF Bruggen

It looks fabulous!
by TimC340
13 Apr 2024, 12:57

Hi Ray, they look excellent - thank you. I've recently updated all the FSX airfields to the latest state, and they're all in the FTP. I'm currently working on SBYS, SBPV and very soon, SBSC. I've mostly completed the traffic file for the SBYS T27s, but I have still to tackle the A29s at SBPV and SBN...
by TimC340
08 Apr 2024, 18:39

Work is ongoing. I'm refining some of the completed airfields, and working on the three that aren't yet beyond a simple AFCAD - SBYS, SBCZ and SBPV. I will be beginning the conversion of the P3D sceneries to FSX shortly, and I have to complete the traffic files for the T-27 at SBYS and the A-29 at t...
by TimC340
06 Apr 2024, 14:44
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: RAF Tengah
Replies: 25
Views: 792

Re: RAF Tengah

Nick, are you using the auto-unwrap feature of Blender (and which version are you using?)? In my (limited) experience, it simply doesn't work well enough for our purposes and it's essential you mark the seams of the desired polys for yourself. Bill's YouTube series shows how to do it very nicely, an...
by TimC340
05 Apr 2024, 11:39
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Urgent Forum Maintenance
Replies: 18
Views: 890

Re: Urgent Forum Maintenance

I'd taken my website off air for the moment as all the Brazil contributors can continue to access the FTP site, and I wanted to keep a single point of distribution while the development work continues. Greg made some salient points about bandwidth when we discussed the situation a couple of weeks ba...
by TimC340
04 Apr 2024, 09:45

Blimey, Ray! If you’re up for it, fill yer boots! However, it’ll take me a good while to prepare airfields and traffic files to accommodate all of this lovely rotary goodness, so it might need to be a subsequent release. That’s fine, I have no problem with it being in stages. Indeed, that might prov...
by TimC340
03 Apr 2024, 11:47
Forum: MAIW Announcements
Topic: Urgent Forum Maintenance
Replies: 18
Views: 890

Re: Urgent Forum Maintenance

Excellent work, Greg. Thank you for your efforts.
by TimC340
03 Apr 2024, 11:46

Thanks Ray! I've been away over Easter, recuperating and reconnecting with family. John and I had a discussion yesterday about what still needs doing. This, as far as I can work out is it: 1. Relatively minor adjustments to the P3D airfields, though a couple need more work. 2. Conversion of the airf...
by TimC340
29 Mar 2024, 12:25

Looks great, John! I've updated SBAN, though it needs a little more work I think. Please try it and see what you think. I've added the WIP files for SBMN and SBBE. They are far from finished, and I'm still experimenting with what library buildings look most convincing (I'm not - at this stage - goin...
by TimC340
28 Mar 2024, 10:52

As mentioned on Tuesday, I was in hospital for a minor op yesterday. Perhaps unsurprisingly, I need a couple of days' recuperation and lack of pressure, so I'll be slowing down the work on Brazil stuff - not stopping, just taking it a bit easier! I promised John I'd go back and look at SBAN again as...