The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 1322 matches

by TimC340
20 Oct 2022, 15:25
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: RAF Honington
Replies: 11
Views: 689

Re: RAF Honington

The site is now moribund, and I assume The Gaffer has left the field. There was a half-hearted attempt to revitalise UKMil about 5 or 6 years ago, but I think that most of the 'talent' from there and ACG had all relocated to MAIW, or gone solo, so it never caught on. Let me see what I've got - as I ...
by TimC340
20 Oct 2022, 15:20
Topic: RAF Finningley
Replies: 32
Views: 1503

Re: RAF Finningley

Was the tree thing related to Honington rather than Finningley? I seriously hope Ian does bring his MSFS Honington to FSX/P3D. As we know from his Lakenheath and Coningsby, his scenery is lovely. I've been working on my own AFD for the airfield to (slightly) improve on the UKMil one and better fit t...
by TimC340
20 Oct 2022, 13:08
Forum: Retro AI Design
Topic: Wheelus AB_1960's
Replies: 8
Views: 671

Re: Wheelus AB_1960's

I think it could be in any of a number of forums, Ed. This is a fairly niche subject, and I'd guess there aren't that many users who'll be looking for 1960s scenery in Libya! Looks a nice job, though. Have you trailed in in SOH? That might garner a few more customers.
by TimC340
20 Oct 2022, 13:04

That's not a file in my scenery, John. I don't have it on my system at all. Is it from John Young's FS9 Finningley that was in the FS9 JP package?
by TimC340
20 Oct 2022, 00:01

Thanks Tim. Now going through my traffic files to find out why I'm getting GA parking in combat parking spots.. Do you use Traffic Global, or one of the older Just Flight traffic programs? For some reason, they bung a lot of GA traffic into EGXH! Of course, in this scenery there are only Mil_Combat...
by TimC340
19 Oct 2022, 23:59

Hi John. This is the airfield in P3Dv5. Surprisingly, it works pretty well, so it should work just fine in FSX. There are a couple of missing textures (it may need a UKMil Common Library for these), but everything seems to work ok. The trees are all from the MTrees directory, which are in the MAIW G...
by TimC340
19 Oct 2022, 21:26

Ah, the old UKMil one - of which I think Ian McCartney was on the design team, and some of their sceneries were very good indeed. I'll have a look and see what I can do.
by TimC340
19 Oct 2022, 13:31

I thought Ian MacCartney was doing it - he certainly put it out for MSFS. Nothing is listed at https://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx/uk.html. Again, the UK2000 VFR series includes it, but it's in the state the RAF Regiment turned it into, which probably isn't very helpful! Where's the FS9 version? I c...
by TimC340
18 Oct 2022, 12:02
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...
Replies: 408
Views: 38883

Re: A brand new MS Flight Simulator is coming...

Sounds like more of Asobo's flaky QA at work! Sadly, I have no insight to help, John, but it does sound like the program isn't clearing all of its routines when it shuts down and TM is effectively having to complete the process. Might be worth only closing the program with TM (after saving any chang...
by TimC340
18 Oct 2022, 08:55
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: Anti-Pushback Node Technique in ADEX?
Replies: 19
Views: 1302

Re: Anti-Pushback Node Technique in ADEX?

Ah, Don Grovestine’s treatise on plumbing! Yes, it’s a stiff read, but it’s a very good guide. If you’re interested in the theory of the MS AI engine, seek out Jim Vile’s contributions on FSDeveloper. Jim and Don have both left us now, but their legacies are a library of great info (and apps, in Don...
by TimC340
17 Oct 2022, 16:00
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: DWAI Jetstream
Replies: 10
Views: 700

Re: DWAI Jetstream

Firebird wrote: 17 Oct 2022, 13:57
Firebird wrote: 15 Oct 2022, 08:53 I will see if I still have it.
Sorry, John. I have checked and I don't have the fmai pack any more.
Found it! I think this is the original version. I have some more 19/92 textures if you need them, plus the later NMAI air file.
by TimC340
17 Oct 2022, 11:31
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Selfridge ANG Base - MSFS
Replies: 45
Views: 3287

Re: Selfridge ANG Base - MSFS

Looks gorgeous, John!
by TimC340
17 Oct 2022, 10:58
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: DWAI Jetstream
Replies: 10
Views: 700

Re: DWAI Jetstream

Lindholme is available here by Terry Boissel.The airfield is incorrectly dimensioned, but the domestic site is more or less accurate (no Northern Radar however!). I have an accurate AFD, but I haven't populated it yet.
by TimC340
17 Oct 2022, 10:31
Forum: Tutorials
Topic: Anti-Pushback Node Technique in ADEX?
Replies: 19
Views: 1302

Re: Anti-Pushback Node Technique in ADEX?

Draw your link outside the spot, then drag it to where you want it. The AI engine will not reliably respect the red 'closed' links. If they make a shorter route than the blue or green paths, then the AI engine will say 'you made it, I'll use it'. So the only way to ensure they aren't used is to make...
by TimC340
16 Oct 2022, 16:28

Which buildings, John? If it's one of mine, I can probably raise the tarmac so it doesn't fight with the default ground, at least in close up. If it's one of the others, I might be able to cure it by raising the whole building or by changing the ground treatment* *trying to get my head in the right ...
by TimC340
16 Oct 2022, 13:34

If you hadn't got the right library they wouldn't show at all, but it may be that your library hasn't been updated to FSX/P3D compatibility. Can you put up a screenshot to show what you're getting? I may try and change the trees to FSX/P3D default models rather than the FS9-derived ones I've probabl...
by TimC340
16 Oct 2022, 12:12
Forum: MAIW Conversion Package Support for FSX and P3D
Topic: MAIW JMAI North-American F-100 Super Sabre Conversion Support
Replies: 28
Views: 1194

Re: MAIW JMAI North-American F-100 Super Sabre Conversion Support

I've just been for a wider search, and this article describes it better - for FSX:SE. The thing is, the 'smallpartrejectradius' parameter doesn't appear in the FSX.cfg file and must be added. That will be the same in prepar3d.cfg, I'm sure - but I don't know what the default is. In FSX it's 1, in FS...
by TimC340
16 Oct 2022, 11:36

This topic at Avsim covers the issue I’m talking about. For any FSX:SE users, it’s essential to reduce the SmalPartRejectRadius otherwise you get exactly the problem you describe. I’ve never heard of it happening in P3D (or MS FSX) but it may be that your graphics settings have affected it. You can...
by TimC340
16 Oct 2022, 08:51

Ok. This does remind me of a kind of similar problem I had with some of JY’s aircraft in FSX:SE, and it had to do with that sim’s display settings - something to do with minimum pixel size in the sim’s cfg file. It had the effect that some LODs didn’t show, so the aircraft would pop in and out of si...