The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Search found 500 matches

by col1948
18 Apr 2022, 12:02
Forum: General Military AI Discussion
Topic: RAF Destinations.
Replies: 4
Views: 296

Re: RAF Destinations.

Yes sorry Steve, I have a few Tristar, E3's, 707, 767, VC10 that kind of thing, so like you say I know they all don't fly to the same place but sending them to civil airports doesn't look right.
Plus a lot of military don't have parking unless I create some with AFCAD or find a download.

Col.
by col1948
18 Apr 2022, 09:54
Topic: RAF Destinations.
Replies: 4
Views: 296

RAF Destinations.

As a bit of a novice to military movements, I am trying to do a few ai flight plans but probably sending the aircraft to places they never go to. I'm thinking more of the long haul RAF aircraft, some I have them flying to do a TnG at a waypoint for lack of knowledge, can anybody supply any plans or ...
by col1948
17 Apr 2022, 19:08
Topic: Ground Incident at EGVG Woodbridge
Replies: 0
Views: 261

Ground Incident at EGVG Woodbridge

At first I thought, great they are going to park close to each other... but not that close lol.

I couldn't resist a screenshot.

Col.
by col1948
17 Apr 2022, 17:04
Forum: Scenery Design
Topic: What Global Scenery Do You Use?
Replies: 8
Views: 451

Re: What Global Scenery Do You Use?

OK I found one of my old threads on Flightsim where I first asked the same question and got the answer, it was changing some things in the fs9.cfg, so far it seems a bit better.

Col.
by col1948
17 Apr 2022, 10:11

Well after loading FSGlobal I notice now the scenery only opens as I fly over it, I've had this before and forgot the what settings I need to change to rectify, I did a quick search but gave up. I have a feeling it is in the main cfg I need to change something, any ideas please? Bernard I will look ...
by col1948
13 Apr 2022, 15:12

I was looking in my old disks and low and behold I have FSGlobal, I totally forgot I had that, anyway I installed it and it has made a difference, not got the carpet tile effect now.

Col.
by col1948
13 Apr 2022, 11:27

Thanks Steve, Yes I kind of figured that might be the case, I have FSX with Orbx in certain regions but being on a pension it proves a bit expensive, you can get a discount by the way with being a senior on Orbx which isn't widely known. Reason I asked about FS2004 is I like working with it, I do lo...
by col1948
13 Apr 2022, 09:21

In my above post I mentioned from certain heights it just looks like a giant carpet with repeated tiles, on the attachment this is what I mean, I am looking to see if there is an alternative? Col.
by col1948
10 Apr 2022, 11:19
Forum: Misc. Forum
Topic: My first AI
Replies: 11
Views: 772

Re: My first AI

Thank you Steve & John, I do actually have a few colour charts that I use from time to time when I want a particular colour, something a bit different. John you may remember a while back I was trying to get a seaplane flying and it was you that helped me, you sent me the right parts I needed lik...
by col1948
10 Apr 2022, 08:52
Topic: My first AI
Views: 772

My first AI

I was thinking the other day of my first AI aircraft. Going back many years I was festinated by how the AI aircraft worked, how did they do that, I would love to do my own? So one day I asked on a forum how do they do that, I would love it if we could do our own, then a guy answered and said you can...
by col1948
10 Apr 2022, 05:59

What Global Scenery Do You Use?

Not long ago I stumbled on converted Orbx scenery for FS9, was a bit tricky to install as I had to do each section separately, it did improve the look but for some reason lately it seems to have distorted if that is the right word. I know FS9 is old now but I like it and it is easy to work on etc. S...
by col1948
08 Apr 2022, 13:30
Topic: Waypoints Question/Request
Views: 476

Re: Waypoints Question/Request

Wow thank you Jim, those are great, that will keep me busy lol. I think I found the ones I was thinking of too, I found a UKMIl folder that goes in the AddonScenery/Scenery folder and they were in that, sorry I thought I got them from MAIW, blame my age lol. I just flew in to EBBL Kleine-Brogel, nev...
by col1948
08 Apr 2022, 10:08
Topic: Waypoints Question/Request
Views: 476

Waypoints Question/Request

I've not been here for a good while so please forgive me. I started playing with isn't easy, after a lot of getting nowhere I decided to to return to FS. Last night I downloaded a fair few aircraft and scenery for my FS9, I am turning it into a more military sim, I have not much idea on mil stuff bu...
by col1948
28 Jul 2021, 07:53
Topic: Aircraft Recognition
Replies: 1
Views: 267

Aircraft Recognition

I stumbled on this and thought some might be interested, the further down you scroll the more interesting it gets.
forgive me if this is in the wrong section but move it if necessary.

https://fas.org/irp/doddir/army/fm3-01-80.pdf

Col.
by col1948
27 Jul 2021, 12:47
Forum: JYAI
Topic: Thoughts on the next project
Replies: 544
Views: 40919

Re: Thoughts on the next project

Just out of interest I found an Avro Shackleton in my saved files so I did a fictional fire bomber paint, I left off a reg and city name on purpose so as not to tie it to a particular country.

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthre ... ire-Bomber

Col.
by col1948
27 Jul 2021, 08:42

Thank you for the replies, it was just a thought, I did download a B17 with guns removed, it flies OK as an AI, I can do repaints so might play with it. On a side issue I frequent FlightSim website a lot and many times I've referred new players to MIAW and some reply thanking me and love this site, ...
by col1948
26 Jul 2021, 12:05

I recently came across a few pictures of converted B-17's for use as Fire Bombers plus a couple converted for cargo. I did find one listed as YB-17 with no guns which I downloaded and will do a repaint, but straight away I thought of you guys and wondered if maybe John Young or anybody else thinks i...
by col1948
12 Feb 2019, 15:06
Forum: AI Aircraft Design
Topic: AI Bell 206 JetRanger source
Views: 1875

Re: AI Bell 206 JetRanger source

I know I haven't posted in a while, I once got the FS2004 default Bell206 working as an AI, this was years ago and it flew like a Cessna lol. I tried it again on the FSX model, but it just sat there, I thought maybe it was the FSX model so I put the FS2004 AI version in and that too just sat there. ...
by col1948
21 Jul 2018, 13:01
Topic: Fire fighting foam idea
Replies: 6
Views: 765

Re: Fire fighting foam idea

Hi Steve, We had a similar suggestion scheme where you got paid for the money saving idea if it was viable: At the time there was a lot of sickness, so when someone was off they had to bring someone in on overtime to take their place, I suggested a scheme where: If you didn't go sick in a month you ...
by col1948
21 Jul 2018, 08:16
Topic: Fire fighting foam idea
Replies: 6
Views: 765

Re: Fire fighting foam idea

Hi Steve & ahs06, yes you are both right, it would cost too much to install and as you say they are working on better preventions to stop things like this happening again. On a side issue about ideas, I once suggested a safe cycle route to the airport not only for the workers but anyone else vis...