The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

MAIW Menu Creator

Essential flight simulator tools, by Martin Gossmann
http://www.owlsnest.eu

Do you know and use the MAIW Menu Creator?

Yes, I know it, have it installed and use it
35%
Yes, I know it but don't find it useful
18%
No, I don't know it, and it sounds useless
No votes
No, I don't know it but will try it out now
47%

Total votes: 17

gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

MAIW Menu Creator

Post by gsnde »

With every new MAIW package I update not only The Owl's Nest but also the MAIW Menu Creator. Since I never receive any feedback for this program, I feel it is time to ask. If nobody is using it, then I can stop spending the time to provide updates for it.

In case you have never heard about the tool: With every MAIW package a pretty good documentation is installed. You see it once in your web browser at the end of the installation. The file is buried in the depths of your FlightSim folder, and if you want to look at it again you will notice that you have first to find it again.

The MAIW Menu Creator supports you with that. By running it a start menu folder 'MAIW' is created, with a shortcut to every found MAIW documentation file. These shortcuts are structured in subfolders by region (EAME/APAC/NAFTA/LATAM) and below by country. The US is furthermore structure by Air Force, Navy, USMC and Air National Guard:

May I please ask you to give me an indication if I should further support this tool or not. Thank you! :smt001
Cheers,
Martin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: MAIW Menu Creator

Post by Joecoastie »

Used it in FS9. As I manually install for FSX, have to go back to the FS9 drive for the info.
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Joe, you can point the tool to wherever you installed or manually copied the MAIW docu files.
Cheers,
Martin
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Victory103 »

With Joe on this, manually install all files for my FSX version, got a system down now and a step by step process using your AI Editor, AIFP2 and EditvoicepakX.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

If you use MAIW with FSX, you most likely install the MAIW packages into a temporary folder and move specific files into the FSX structure. You can make it a default step to always move the whole folder "Military AI Works" --> ..\<%FSX%>\Military AI Works. Then let MAIW Menu Creator run against ..\<%FSX%>\Military AI Works and your menus will be created.

By the way, the MAIW Menu Creator is currently only available at The Owl's Nest download center.
Cheers,
Martin
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Joecoastie »

Hmmmm . . . . . . As I'm still filling in my lost a/c, I'm giving it a try with FSX to show what ones I have in that sim.
Service to my Country 9/61 - 2/03
US Navy - HS-3, VX-1, HS-7 (USS Intrepid, USS Wasp, USS Yorktown)
Va National Guard - 229th Cbt Avn Co
US Coast Guard - E City CGAS, CGC Morro Bay, RTC Yorktown
NOAA - Co-op Observer 1983 - present