The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

New Packages: Mountain Home and Seymour Johnson AFB

Check here for official announcements from MAIW.
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

New Packages: Mountain Home and Seymour Johnson AFB

Post by MIKE JG »

Military AI Works presents the updated releases of our two United States based Strike Eagle packages with Mountain Home AFB v2 and Seymour Johnson AFB v3 for your virtual skies.

Our second version of Mountain Home AFB by the team of Desmond Burrell, Matt Downs and John Stinstrom features the 366th Fighter Wing which hosts two squadrons of F-15E Strike Eagles. This package is a complete update for this base that features brand new F-15E AI models by Kevin Reed and Mike MacIntyre. In addition to the new aircraft models, the custom scenery for Mountain Home AFB has been updated as well, along with a new airfield file and aircraft flight plans.

If you have installed any previous version of Mountain Home AFB from MAIW, you should completely remove those contents and replace them with our latest version. The included Readme file explains in detail which files you should replace if you plan to install this package on top of existing packages for Mountain Home AFB.

Seymour Johnson AFB is the Strike Eagle School House" for the USAF and hosts the 4th Fighter Wing along with the 916th Air Refueling Wing. This package is also a stand alone replacement for both previous MAIW versions of Seymour Johnson AFB and features the brand new F-15E and KC-135R models by Kevin Reed, Mike MacIntyre and the MAIW developement team. All previous installations of Seymour Johnson AFB should be removed prior to installing this latest version.

Both of our new releases also feature optional high definition aircraft textures for the Strike Eagle models which add amazing detail especially for users with high definition displays.

Download both of our new Strike Eagle packages today!
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: New Packages: Mountain Home and Seymour Johnson AFB

Post by RKE »

Wow! :shock:

Massive work, so a massive thank you is in order :D
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Post by Joseph29 »

Thank you for the new packages! The new F-15E's look great!
Weescotty
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: FS9

Post by Weescotty »

If your system can handle them, I urge you all to use the 32 bit textures.
DXT3 loses a lot of the detail work that is present on the original textures.

Enjoy!
fishlips

Post by fishlips »

I shit you not, this is without doubt the best freeware AI models and combined package you will find anywhere in the world. Simply stunning workmanship all round and deserves a standing applause by everybody who downloads this wonderful package.
I'm blown away by it!
cheer's,
Mark G
ardethomas
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by ardethomas »

Wonderful, excellent!!!
Yesss!!!
:smt003 :smt003 :smt003
Flyin Illini
Major
Major

Post by Flyin Illini »

I as well urge you to use the 32bit, these are truly impressive details. I had a blast painting these strikes and they look fantastic!
Phantoms Phorever!
Woogey
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Post by Woogey »

Truly Beautiful Ai aircraft. Even the Remove before flight flags flutter in the breeze! Unbelievable! Thank You, Thank you! One question though, for any of you FSX converts: I have a big cancer spot to the South of Mountain Home? For specifics, I have the Orbx CRM package installed in FSX. Basically this Cancer is a weird landclass blob that lies in between the base itself, and the river gorge that is I believe South of the Base.

I realize that no FSX support is offered. No smart ass comments needed. I am just wondering if anybody else has run across this, and found a fix? -Woog
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

You're probably not the only one, we do have a dedicated FSX forum however. I bet if you ask this same thing in there, you'll get the help you're looking for, the guys in there are pretty sharp when it comes to converting the packs to use in FSX.
-Mike G.

jetmax
Major
Major

Post by jetmax »

Having spend 5 years as the Chief of Weather Station Operations at Seymour Johnson, I can say that I am truly impressed with this updated package. The previous versions of this package were outstanding, but this takes it to the next level.
Scott "Jetmax" Jones
The Virtual Air National Guard
Ask me how to join....
http://www.flyvang.org/
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by MIKE JG »

The new models make a big difference for sure!
-Mike G.