The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

New Package: European F-16's Part 1A - Kleine Brogel AB

Check here for official announcements from MAIW.
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

New Package: European F-16's Part 1A - Kleine Brogel AB

Post by Greg »

Our third birthday week release starts a new series of packages depicting the F-16's on the European continent. First on the list are the Belgian Vipers at Kleine Brogel AB brought to you by Nick Black.

Visit our front page to download it now and learn more about this exciting new free package!

Do you require support? Visit this package's dedicated support thread.
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: New Package: European F-16's Part 1A - Kleine Brogel AB

Post by Victory103 »

I can't keep up! Great job on this and can't wait to see the special tails in the sim. Crazy that I almost have every country that flies the Viper, I'd say that's getting the most use out of the HTAI model!
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
Bora

Post by Bora »

Great scenery of Kleine Brogel !! Love the way how it's done with the tree's and how it blends in with the ground textures... Well done !

Did a few changes to the AFX file so it can be used for a retro 1990 setup with the retro BAF F-16 package done by Chris and Menno:

- changed the parking spots of 349 Sq into 23 Sq
- closed the paralel runway 5R/23L for take offs and landings and turned it into a taxiway
- moved the parking position for the heavies close to the beginning of runway 5R

Send me a PM if you would like to have this retro AFX file...
pepe06

Re: European F-16's Part 1A: Kleine Brogel AB Support Thread

Post by pepe06 »

Thanks a lot for this wonderful package! Kleine Brogel was my first European Air Base to visit during a Spotterday back in 2007 and in 2010 for the NTM. Lots of good memories when flying in FS using this package.

I can see lots of nice details, like the scramble area with fences, control towers, static planes, etc. I remember to see even more fences to access main runways, and more parking spots in the OCU Ramp (probably around 6-8 instead of 4), but these are minor details. I look forward for more packages of European F-16's.

A tiger meet package for Kleine Brogel? We have plenty of nice paints flying around.

Thanks for all your efforts
Juan

Post moved from the support thread. This is not support related. - Greg
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by RKE »

Had a BAF F-16 up for an airshow last weekend, but were surprised to see they overnighted at Copenhagen instead of Roskilde, where the airshow was held. Turns out that Roskilde have fairly short runways, and since they doesn't have arrestor cables and the BAF F-16's doesn't have drag chutes, the landing distance available was inadequate. Wasn't a problem for the Eurofighter or Gripen visitors however..

Said airshow also resulted in Rote Sieben (restored Messerschmitt Me-109) having an emergency wheels-up landing in a field :(
Joseph29
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Joseph29 »

I just noticed the title of this package, it said "part 1a". How many more parts will there be?
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

Well it is difficult to say. The first part of the name describes the scope of the series. The second part indicates that there is going to be more than one part of the first nation.

How many parts there might be will depend upon the the Package Managers.

I am not avoiding the question just stating that at the moment it's flexible.
Steve