The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

LBIA - Bezmer Air Base, Bulgaria

Post and discuss what YOU are working on. This is the place to preview and/or discuss your modern day military AI projects.
JNDVirtual

LBIA - Bezmer Air Base, Bulgaria

Post by JNDVirtual »

This is my version of the Bezmer Air Base in Bulgaria. It is used by U.S. Army Task Force-East and U.S. Marine Corps Black Sea Rotational Force troops and hosted U.S. Air Force KC-135 aircraft during Operation Enduring Freedom. Note that the ICAO for this airfield is LBIA, but FSX uses LB44 as the field identifier.

This FSX scenery uses default objects. No additional libraries are required. There are parking spaces for ten cargo aircraft and eight fighter aircraft. Ten additional parking spots are coded for the Bulgarian Air Force 1/22 Shturmova Avio Eskadrila (1SAE), which last used Su-25 Frogfoot aircraft, and four additional parking spots are for the 2/3 Iztrebitelna Avio Eskadrila (2IAE) MiG-29s based at Graf Ignatievo Air Base and used in the MAIW Bulgarian Air Force package.

I've attached the beta. This scenery will eventually be released as a part of the Semper Flight 2020 package, as it will have flightplans for USMC KC-130J aircraft to visit this base.
Attachments
LBIA_FSX_beta.zip
LBIA/LB44 BGL files. Place zipped folder in the Addon Scenery folder of your FSX installation and add using the Scenery menu of FSX.
(8.8 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
LBIA - Bezmer Air Base, Bulgaria, in Airport Design Editor
LBIA - Bezmer Air Base, Bulgaria, in Airport Design Editor
Victory103
Colonel
Colonel
Version: P3D

Re: LBIA - Bezmer Air Base, Bulgaria

Post by Victory103 »

Cool thanks, guess I need to download the appropriate Bulgarian AF package.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS
NAVY SAR

-Chris
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

Victory103 wrote:Cool thanks, guess I need to download the appropriate Bulgarian AF package.
Because those flightplans are for FS9, you may need to amend them for use in FSX, as I think the code for Bezmer in FS9 is LB1I. Change it to LB44 for FSX.
JNDVirtual

Post by JNDVirtual »

On second thought, all-default objects wouldn't do the base justice. I'm toying with additional libraries, including Jim Dhaenens's hardened aircraft shelters, which are shown here housing two of the six F-16s that Bulgaria is interested in purchasing.

Standby for an update to Bezmer.
Attachments
Two Portugal F-16As are getting a test run in the hardened bunkers of Bezmer AB, Bulgaria.
Two Portugal F-16As are getting a test run in the hardened bunkers of Bezmer AB, Bulgaria.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello.

I'm trying to convert this scenery in FS9 format but I meet some problems.

Is it possible to have it in FS9 format please ?

thanks a lot.

regards.