The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Dino F35 as AI?Possible?

The Tutorials forum section is the place where you can learn the various techniques that go into the creation of AI traffic packages.
Mar96
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FSX

Dino F35 as AI?Possible?

Post by Mar96 »

Hi. I have Dino F35 models. I'm wondering if it's possible to take an incredibly detailed model, and turn it into an AI aircraft? I want to add F35s in my FSX world to go along with my MAIW packages. If this is possible, can someone explain to me how to do it? I have AIFP3.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Dino F35 as AI?Possible?

Post by TheFoufure »

Why do you not use the MGAI F-35 ? It's a very good AI version of the F-35
mikewmac
MAIW Veteran
MAIW Veteran
Version: P3D

Post by mikewmac »

Mar96 wrote:Hi. I have Dino F35 models. I'm wondering if it's possible to take an incredibly detailed model, and turn it into an AI aircraft? I want to add F35s in my FSX world to go along with my MAIW packages. If this is possible, can someone explain to me how to do it? I have AIFP3.
Mark Griggs created an AI model of the F-35A called the MGAI F-35A which is available at the following link in the mg_ai_f-35a_jsf_lightning_ii.zip file:

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/fslib.php ... d=32489973

There are also texture sets for the F-35A's based at Eglin, Edwards and Nellis AFB's available at the foloowing link:

http://marksfsrepaints.jimdo.com/

I think using the MGAI F-35A is a much better way to go than trying to use Dino's very detailed flyable model as an AI aircraft. :wink:

BTW...Those are two MGAI F-35A's in my signature.

PS: Yes, it is possible to convert a very detailed model into an AI, but if you used very many of them there would be a large FPS hit due to all that detail.
    Mike M.
    Greg
    MAIW Admin
    MAIW Admin
    Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

Please don't make 2 separate topics with the same question.

Continue the thread here.

(locked)