The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Removal of VFR photoscenery

Post all your development discussions here that don't fit into any of the above categories.
maiden757
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
Version: FS9

Removal of VFR photoscenery

Post by maiden757 »

Does anyone know how to find and remove specific areas of VFR Photoscenery. The reason I ask is I've got Brian Clarkes cracking air base sceneries but they're not VFR compatible so I'd like to be able to remove a few tiles here and there so I'm not overflying a photo of the real thing and his work. Apologies if this has been covered before but I couldn't find anything on it. Cheers. Ross
jgowing
Captain
Captain

Re: Removal of VFR photoscenery

Post by jgowing »

I'd be interested in that, too; wondered a few times how to identify which tile goes where. Not sure though if that fully addresses this particular issue, though. For example, in my sim, Brian Clark's excellent RAE Bedford and the VFR image sit side by side. Rather than have a gap in the scenery, what would be really great would be to nudge one over t'other.. maybe not feasible.

Jon G
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by John Young »

I haven't used it for many years, but Landcalc2.exe, which is from a set of tools by Richard Ludowise, will tell you which tile you are flying over and report it like this:

LandCalc2.JPG
I think the .bmp's reported correspond to the VFR tile file names. The program was for FS2002 and works in FS9. I don't know what it does in FSX.

If you want to try it, you need "tcalc_v2.zip" from flightsim.com.

John
jgowing
Captain
Captain

Post by jgowing »

Thanks John, that looks useful.

Jon G