The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Seraching a Tutorail for using Paintkit.

The Tutorials forum section is the place where you can learn the various techniques that go into the creation of AI traffic packages.
TheFoufure
Colonel
Colonel
Version: FS9

Seraching a Tutorail for using Paintkit.

Post by TheFoufure »

Hello,

Lot of paintkit are available on the net.

But, is there a tutorial to use it (with Photoshop (or PSP ))

Or a tutorial (simple), for the use of Photoshop (in french, it will be very good ;-) )

Thanks.
John Young
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Re: Seraching a Tutorail for using Paintkit.

Post by John Young »

The way designers produce paint kits is likely to vary considerably and may or may not present problems for re-painters in the way textures are actually mapped to the model. I made that mistake early on, but I have learned to test the mapping so that paint schemes other than what I'm producing stand a chance of being applied by re-painters.

I don't think you will find a tutorial on how to use a paint kit as such. What you really need is the ability to use programs like Photoshop, PSP or GIMP to be able to edit paint layers. A good starting point are the manuals that come with the programs, but there are plenty of other tutorials around specific to those applications rather than paint kits in general. It's then a question of trying to figure out what areas of the texture sheet paint each part of the model. There's probably a lot of trial and error involved unless the texture sheet is well labelled.

That's the view from the designer end, but I'm sure re-painters here can advise further.

John
hawk_sh
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: FS9

Re: Seraching a Tutorail for using Paintkit.

Post by hawk_sh »

Hartwig