The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Conversion problems Luke AFB (KLUF)

Share hints and tricks or your own modifications for MAIW Packages in Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
SLAMMER
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Conversion problems Luke AFB (KLUF)

Post by SLAMMER »

Dear readers,

Since the Dutch are going to fly from Luke AFB with the F-35 we as virtual Royal Netherlands Air Force VA (vRNLAF) i would like to convert the MAIW scenery for this airfield. Problem is: i've unsuccesfully tried to follow the briefing concerning conversion of this scenery for P3Dv4. I can see some hangars, ground equipment but failed to get the sunshades into the scenery as well as traffic. Does anybody have a converted scenery from this airfield.

Other question: If there are a lot of users which love the MAIW sceneries, why are'nt they standard issued to be used in FSX and/or P3D?

Greetz Eddy "SLAMMER" Hoekzema, vRNLAF (www.vrnlaf.nl) come and visit us.....
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Re: Conversion problems Luke AFB (KLUF)

Post by Greg »

Hi Slammer,

Luke AFB is available in Matrix, our installation app for P3Dv4. If you install the North American region, you'll have Luke with a ton of traffic.

We cannot provide the converted scenery to you for further distribution, because we aren't the original authors of the scenery. John Stinstrom gave us permission years ago but we can not forward that permission to anyone else. Unfortunately, John is no longer around now.

The answer to your second question is actually very simple. MAIW was founded in 2006 when FS2004 (FS9) was the sim of choice before FSX (let alone P3D) even existed. We have developed hundreds of military AI packages for FS9 even when FSX was already out, because nobody really saw much incentive to switch to FSX and later to the first iterations of P3D.

It is only since P3Dv4 that we've started to convert our legacy FS9 packages, but our current staff and developers group is only a fraction of what it once was so progress is slow.

However, I'm confident that by the end of this year, almost all our legacy traffic will be available through Matrix.
SLAMMER
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SLAMMER »

Greg,

Thank you very much for your quick reaction and looking forward to the end of the year. Love the sceneries and the work you put in to it!

Greetz Slammer
SLAMMER
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SLAMMER »

Greg,

It works perfect, ergo: In multiplayer (Hamachi) we cannot see traffic. Is this normal or possible to change.

Greetz Slammer
Greg
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: MSFS

Post by Greg »

I'm not an expert on multiplayer (except doing some ATC on IVAO a long time ago), but I always thought that AI traffic was disabled in multiplayer sessions. I don't know Hamachi well enough to know if there's an option to display or sync your own AI traffic, sorry.
SLAMMER
Cadet
Cadet

Post by SLAMMER »

Greg,

Thnx again for your quick answer, maybe someone else has the answer.

Greetz Slammer