The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Departing Ramstein

Let's see em! Please use a third party image hoster such as photobucket.com or postimage.org and copy the link to the screenshot here between image tags.
RKE
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel
Version: P3D

Departing Ramstein

Post by RKE »

Doing some civilian AI spotting around Frankfurt, I noticed one of John's Hercs departing Ramstein - and was pleasantly surprised to learn that Orbx Germany South has a pretty good rendition of said airbase included :D

The AFD needs a bit of tweaking and I have to remove Orbx's static aircraft, but otherwise it's ready for some mil traffic 8)
Manschy
Major
Major

Re: Departing Ramstein

Post by Manschy »

Agree, have some C-141, Galaxys, Hercs and a lot of F-16 stationed there. It's a really nice gift from ORBX to military aircraft fans....
Regards, Manfred.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Has anybody noticed that with Germany North and South all default ADE airport backgrounds that you place in Germany look a weird kind of grayish instead of green?

If I remove GES & GEN, it looks like expected.
Attachments
orbx2_s.jpg
orbx_s.jpg
Cheers,
Martin
Major
Major

Post by Manschy »

Got similar trouble some time ago - the reason is to be mindful of which ADE version you are using and saving your airports. Because flightsim specific landclasses are differently used (FSX lc are other tiles than P3D). So if you modify an FSX airport for example and compile it accidentally into P3D format, wrong landclasses will be used.
I started a threat inside the german ORBX forum months ago, so maybe it will be helpful for you...
https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/165 ... nt-1455564
Regards, Manfred.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

That is surely my issue, but I fail to see what is going wrong, Manfred.

I open the ADE project file after having selected P3Dv4 in ADE. Then I compile the version.

In P3Dv4 with OrbX Global, openLC Europe etc everything looks green as supposed to.

As soon as Germany North and South are installed as well I see the weird colored background.

The effect looks exactly as in your post over at OrbX, but I fail to see the pattern or what I need to change in my doing.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

It sounds like Orbx doesn't have the same texture layer numbers as the defaults.

I would alter the project with the Orbx scenery installed you may find that you will either get a different one or you can alter it to what you want it to be and then save it. The downside being that you can't just switch the scenery off when you want to.
Steve
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Compiled it with these two OrbX installed many times, Steve. It does not change anything.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: FS9

Post by Firebird »

I thought that there was a possibility that you had already tried that but sometimes you have to start again with the obvious stuff to find a fix.
Steve