The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

ADE and FSX Steam Edition SDK

Use this forum to discuss technical issues related to the operation of your computer. Graphics, Hardward, Software, settings, etc.
tugpilotsmiffy
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

ADE and FSX Steam Edition SDK

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

I am having a problem with FSX Steam Edition and ADE, I have FSX installed in its default steam apps location, when I run ADE it finds it just fine, however it doesn't find the compilers, I have a folder in FSX named SDK with what appears to be the correct folders and so on and when I manually direct ADE to .\Environment Kit\Bgl Compiler SDK and .\Environment Kit\Terrain SDK, then save and restart ADE it still comes up with the error message saying unable to locate the last two SDK's as referenced above.

Does anybody have any ideas or experienced this problem before and found a solution, and finally with a default installation of FSX Steam Edition although the folders are there for the SDK, are all the necessary riles installed as default.

Cheers in advance
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: ADE and FSX Steam Edition SDK

Post by gsnde »

Have you checked that bglcomp.exe is actually located on that folder?

From mobile hence short

Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Re: ADE and FSX Steam Edition SDK

Post by tugpilotsmiffy »

No it wasn't there, what I needed was the Prepar3D SDK, fortunately somebody on FsDeveloper very a patiently pointed me in the right direction of where it could be found, so far have run ADE without the error messages now, so seems OK, will do a simple project tomorrow and see if all does well, thanks for replying though, its appreciated