The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

MAIW Models as Scenery Objects

Let's hear all about the eye candy at those military bases.
bluestar
Cadet
Cadet
Version: P3D

Post by bluestar »

I build freeware scenery for P3d using ADEX. One of the things I am trying to incorporate into my sceneries is an airplanes that are scenery objects. I normally have fairly good success with this process when bringing FSX scenery objects into my P3d sceneries.

I have had some success bringing in the C141, C130 and the KC-135 created by MAIW in my sceneries. There are two minor issues that have arisen. The KC-135 engine covers and the C130 prop blades.

The KC-135 engine covers do not cover the engine when the aircraft is parked, but hang down to the ground. The C130 prop blades show to be spinning. If anyone has any suggestions for the best way to address these two issues it would be greatly appreciated.

Bill
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Re: MAIW Models as Scenery Objects

Post by gsnde »

Are you using MCX to convert the aircraft to scenery objects? If so, you can remove all animations like turning props etc in the animation manager.

You set everything there like you want to see it and then remove the animations by selecting fix animations.
Cheers,
Martin
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer

Post by bvanhout »

Give SAMM a try for placing aircraft models as scenery objects.

http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?Folder=SAMM

Brian
bluestar
Cadet
Cadet

Post by bluestar »

SAMM2 and MCX are both very good programs, but I have mixed results.

I tried using the animation manager, but the covers on the KC-135 still appear where they just appear to hang below the engine intake. If the covers completely covered the intake that would be OK. I have tried using *.mdl and *.bgl and both show the same results in my scenery.

I am also not able to eliminate the prop disk on the C130. It doesn't seem to matter if I convert one of the P3d C130s, a CS C130 from FSX or one of the MAIW C130s. The model shows with no problems, just can't seem to eliminate the disk.

Anyway I will continue to look for an answer and I greatly appreciate the input and the excellent AI models for MAIW.

Bill
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

Tell me exactly which model you want to convert, I have a look
Cheers,
Martin
Cadet

Post by bluestar »

Martin,

I am trying to convert KC-135 Stratotanker (FSX), model.boom, texture.64-14839.

The model builds without any warnings or errors in MCX and installs as a .mdl using ADEX without any problems. It also displays without any issues in P3dv4.5 except for the sagging engine inlet covers.

Bill
bluestar
Cadet
Cadet

Post by bluestar »

Got them converted finally. It was finally able to get them converted mainly using MCX once I figured out all the icons. There was only one aircraft that MCX couldn't fix and SAMM2 did.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by gsnde »

I apologize, that has skipped my attention completely. Glad you fixed it!
Cheers,
Martin