The download hangar is currently disabled. We're doing our best to bring it back as soon as possible.

Air To Air Refuelling -

Post all your development discussions here that don't fit into any of the above categories.
jakestabb
Cadet
Cadet
Version: FSX

Air To Air Refuelling -

Post by jakestabb »

I'm using fsx and I'm trying to recreate the aerial refueling of RAF typhoons but they only way i can do this is by sending the typhoons to brize norton where they would meet the voyager , then fly together to a waypoint i would make in the north sea , but then once they reach the waypoint they then split up as they have to touch and go and then do a go around , is there anyway around this so they all stay together without having to put gear down etc and just circle or loop in one area then head back to original airport ?
ado4567
Captain
Captain
Version: FS9

Re: Air To Air Refuelling -

Post by ado4567 »

is they any where I can get hunter models for 4fts and 237ocu squadrons
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

and any where to get the f-111e Upper Heyford UK flight plans and the f-111f 48tfw RAF Lakenheath UK flight plans and traffic file
ado4567
Captain
Captain

Post by ado4567 »

and any flight plans and traffic files for the vc10
Firebird
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin

Post by Firebird »

I fail to see what the 2nd, 3rd and 4th posts in this thread have to do with the topic so I will not be answering them. If you want to ask questions start your own thread in the correct forum rather than hijacking somebody else's topic.

Jake,
In answer to your question there is no way to achieve this as none of FS9, FSX or P3D allow true waypoints in traffic files. All points are considered airfields and will do TNGs.
It is too early to know if MSFS will allow this ability or not.
Steve
MIKE JG
MAIW Developer
MAIW Developer
Version: MSFS

Post by MIKE JG »

Playing DCS is about the only way to accomplish what you're referring to.

The next best thing is to use the Recorder module, I don't even know if it works for FSX, but if it does, you can pre-record a tanker flying a tanker track and then load that recording and play it back as AI traffic. Then you know when and where the tanker will be and can simulate AAR.

You can get even more creative and then play the same recording, as a second AI aircraft and offset it to the correct spot so that it 'flies' along in the proper position with the tanker.
-Mike G.

Recovering flight sim addict, constant lurker.

Check out my real life RV-8 build here: RV-8 Builder Log