The website and forum will be intermittently unavailable while we're making some security updates.
File uploads to the download hangar are also disabled until further notice.

Way to extract just the air bases in Matrix?

Since Matrix support is now terminated, this forum is now locked and will soon be archived.
expat
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Way to extract just the air bases in Matrix?

Post by expat »

Thanks for the huge "Belin Airlift" effort to convert the models and packages to P3Dv4.

I have some custom AI I make up manually with just a few flights around airports I also fiddle with using ADE. I am scared Matrix will over write or overwhelm my years of AI work and won't be able to identify the changes or reverse them. The number of aircraft conversions is amazing but what is missing is air bases in P3D4 with al lthe buildings and objects (probably because of so many legacy fs9 bgl's?).

Is there a way without too elaborate steps to just decompile or separate out the updated P3D4 coverted airports without installing all the traffic files? Thanks.
gsnde
MAIW Admin
MAIW Admin
Version: P3D

Re: Way to extract just the air bases in Matrix?

Post by gsnde »

Matrix will install everything below a folder of your choice. Airports, libraries, flight plans, aircraft.

The whole thing is loaded into the simulator by the addon xml method.

So there is no risk for you to overwrite anything if you let Matrix install into a new folder. And you can completely disable it without leaving a trace by removing the addon folder.

From mobile hence short
Cheers,
Martin
Second Lieutenant

Re: Way to extract just the air bases in Matrix?

Post by expat »

Very clear + many thanks!